2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I'm with ya, I ripped on Tony, that what we do second guess managers! Lol. I never wanted Tony fired tho, I knew he was good at his job!! I just don't think that the case with matheny and worst part is guy just incapable of learning it seems. When he came in replacing Tony we knew there be a learning curve but at this point it time to face the reality he is a stubborn Fukk who refuses to adjust at all!!

bodyman
    bodyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3424

Anyone who is interested, it's early but I can promise I will be heavy on the birds again tomorrow not to sound like a homer again, but, the homerisms are makin $$, It's Waino's first start of the season and coming back from a short DL stint I still have faith, it's the Cardinal home opener and there is no other spectacle in sports like the home opener in St Louis, tomorrow in StL will rival world series games so far as the spectacle and celebration. Tomorrow is huge in StL and they wont lose tomorrow is a world series type start for Waino and he will perform. He shouldn't be -120 right now and the line will probably come down but I'm still gonna get it a win is a win

bodyman

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I'm with ya, I ripped on Tony, that what we do second guess managers! Lol. I never wanted Tony fired tho, I knew he was good at his job!! I just don't think that the case with matheny and worst part is guy just incapable of learning it seems. When he came in replacing Tony we knew there be a learning curve but at this point it time to face the reality he is a stubborn Fukk who refuses to adjust at all!!
    m.m is very stubborn and very abrasive, in fact im not sure if he's ever been wrong .......... in his eyes

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bodyman View Post
    m.m is very stubborn and very abrasive, in fact im not sure if he's ever been wrong .......... in his eyes
    Of all his horrific faults of which there many! what i think I hate most is how he always goes with or backs the veteran over the younger players even when said player is the more talented or better option at this point. He will continue sending a vet who been horrible out over and over while he yanks his young guys everytime they have a 0fer day or a bad outing!!

Wong is a great example of that. I think matheny has just ruined this kids development. Always has him looking over his shoulder and scared if he has poor hitting day or makes a error he potentially be sitting for a week! Some guys can function at a high level like that but some can't and wong clearly falls into latter category. He put a nice season together last year once upper management stepped in (from what I heard) and basically mandated he give Wong consistent playing time. Now he back at it again this season as Wong only had like 7 ab's I believe before gyorko hit the dl. Now he apparently has Meyers buried at bottom of bullpen depth chart despite his incredible stuff that he showed this spring plays incredibly well in pen opposed to starting (can rely on his 2 excellent pitches and really let it rip), cause I mean after all he young and he gave up 2 hits on opening day (no runs) so it makes perfect sense he hasn't been in a game since!!! Ugh I'm getting a headache thinking bout it!!! Lol

Anyways, enjoyed chopping it up talking cardinals shop with ya bro. Are you from or live in stl area?

bodyman

Of all his horrific faults of which there many! what i think I hate most is how he always goes with or backs the veteran over the younger players even when said player is the more talented or better option at this point. He will continue sending a vet who been horrible out over and over while he yanks his young guys everytime they have a 0fer day or a bad outing!!

Wong is a great example of that. I think matheny has just ruined this kids development. Always has him looking over his shoulder and scared if he has poor hitting day or makes a error he potentially be sitting for a week! Some guys can function at a high level like that but some can't and wong clearly falls into latter category. He put a nice season together last year once upper management stepped in (from what I heard) and basically mandated he give Wong consistent playing time. Now he back at it again this season as Wong only had like 7 ab's I believe before gyorko hit the dl. Now he apparently has Meyers buried at bottom of bullpen depth chart despite his incredible stuff that he showed this spring plays incredibly well in pen opposed to starting (can rely on his 2 excellent pitches and really let it rip), cause I mean after all he young and he gave up 2 hits on opening day (no runs) so it makes perfect sense he hasn't been in a game since!!! Ugh I'm getting a headache thinking bout it!!! Lol

Anyways, enjoyed chopping it up talking cardinals shop with ya bro. Are you from or live in stl area?
    Wonger is a great example, 2 years ago mike wanted him to hit more homeruns and told him he wanted to see him drive the ball more. That's not his game. He had an awful season and fell out of favor with the fan base. Last year Kolten said I'm going back to basic's and try to hit homeruns, and he had an excellent season. Not everyone can hit 40 homeruns and strikeout 200 times. If he can continue last season and shoot the gap and run like hell he will be fine, he's an excellent glove but alot of times you can see bad at bats carry over onto the field and effect defense (especially if skip is in your ear in the dugout). I'm born and raised here, with a term I like to use, I'm in the shadow of the arch, but truthfully I'm 45 minutes west of six flags .

2daBank

Lol, oh wow you out there a ways! Like Sullivan area? I was born in Chicago but moved here very young, I'm a south side boy

bodyman

Lol, oh wow you out there a ways! Like Sullivan area? I was born in Chicago but moved here very young, I'm a south side boy
    15 minutes north of Sullivan, in the sticks........strange but true, if you've followed Cardinal baseball a longtime your familiar with the name Ken Reitz he was our 3rd baseman in the 70's and nothing got by him, he's a good friend and lives here too, if you followed during the Whiteyball era in the 80's you should be familiar with the name Danny Cox he had a place here and Rich Gould from channel 11 has property down the road from me

2daBank

70s little before my time. Started watching during the whitey days in the mid 80s 1st I really remember. Recall Danny cox.

bodyman

Anyone interested in reading this again today, I like the hometown redbirds for numerous reason's stated above as I've posted recently not trying to sound like a homer. Today is like Wainwright's world series he's lobbied for this start for 2 weeks and he won't let us down. Also like the brewers after the redbirds took them apart the last few days. It's a division game for them and lets face it lester is horrible for the cubs, hell he can't even throw the ball to first base how is he suppose to throw it home?? I've picked on him for years for that and he's proven me wrong but his game is in the coming apart stages and he's just bad. I'm heavy on the cardinals and I like the brewers to get the cubs this evening. Good Luck to all

2daBank

Man I'm not as confident in cards as you. I really don't feel like they should be favs vs Ray and dbags. Only thing kept me away from zona was woulda liked little better number and we do have a righty loaded lineup so might be able to do little damage.

Thing bout waino man is even if he good can you really honestly expect more than 6 innings vs this lineup? To me that best case is 6 innings and couple runs, then you gotta worry about matheny and who he gonna use out of pen while zona pen is more ready/set at this stage imo. To me this game at best a pick'em for us so can't lay any juice w cards and feel like it a solid long term wager.. hope I'm wrong but cetainly better plays today imo.

I do agree w milw being a solid dog but I missed the good number. Gl today

bodyman

Man I'm not as confident in cards as you. I really don't feel like they should be favs vs Ray and dbags. Only thing kept me away from zona was woulda liked little better number and we do have a righty loaded lineup so might be able to do little damage.

Thing bout waino man is even if he good can you really honestly expect more than 6 innings vs this lineup? To me that best case is 6 innings and couple runs, then you gotta worry about matheny and who he gonna use out of pen while zona pen is more ready/set at this stage imo. To me this game at best a pick'em for us so can't lay any juice w cards and feel like it a solid long term wager.. hope I'm wrong but cetainly better plays today imo.

I do agree w milw being a solid dog but I missed the good number. Gl today
    I hit the birds lastnight early, wasn't worried about line movement its a 500 winner whether you have to put up 600 575 or 550. I know we shouldn't be paying juice this early on a pitcher just coming off the DL. IMO he wasn't hurt didn't need to be on the DL, I think that was just a ploy to keep him sidelined until today. 6 innings is probably about right except he is fresh and ready to go, I think we'll get 7 innings of 2 or 3 run ball out of this start from him. Team is pumped, Offense is pumped this is an unofficial holiday for area homers who follow cardinal baseball. Kiener Plaza has been a mad house all day the city is jacked. If vegas didn't know they wouldn't have the birds at -120. Im not worried one bit, Beer makers get back after it today too after they letdown the hometown fans against my cardinals, but they get even and get lester early and often tonight

bodyman

let the celebration begin

2daBank

You letting emotion and fandom mess w your betting bro, not wise. There simply no way cards should have been favs, those things you bringing up not real so essentially you saying line is wrong based off those things while in reality as I said this at best a pickem game for cards. Only side w a edge was dbags imo. Doesn't mean cards can't or won't win, I just don't play with my money like that, I'm in it to win it for me, not for the cardinals.

I do hope you win, I didn't play it but I was close to being on zona. Ultimately doesn't matter what outcome is the play was just not a good one imho.,

bodyman

Leave it to m.m. with his patented pitching changes....already Wainwright wasn't gassed, errors continued the inning

bodyman

That was disappointing, on to the next

2daBank

Leave it to m.m. with his patented pitching changes....already Wainwright wasn't gassed, errors continued the inning
    Waino's velo tailed off significantly every inning bro. He wasn't missing bats, this isn't anything new it been happening going on 3 years now. I hate matheny but he was right to get him out of there, that move is only reason we stayed in the game. Only thing that bothers me is Meyers is still yet to pitch since opening day! I just don't get that at all, kid has electric stuff, much better than the Bowman's and other not as good of arms we keep trotting out there. M.M. unwillingness to trust young players while continually throwing washed up vets into lineup and on mound is maddening! This playoff race will be decided by a few games at the most, how many losses we gonna pile up with waino and bad pen decisions while potential studs like flarherty and Meyers waste away on bench or in minors?

bodyman

Waino's velo tailed off significantly every inning bro. He wasn't missing bats, this isn't anything new it been happening going on 3 years now. I hate matheny but he was right to get him out of there, that move is only reason we stayed in the game. Only thing that bothers me is Meyers is still yet to pitch since opening day! I just don't get that at all, kid has electric stuff, much better than the Bowman's and other not as good of arms we keep trotting out there. M.M. unwillingness to trust young players while continually throwing washed up vets into lineup and on mound is maddening! This playoff race will be decided by a few games at the most, how many losses we gonna pile up with waino and bad pen decisions while potential studs like flarherty and Meyers waste away on bench or in minors?
    Lastnight's game was a disappointment to say the least. The offense never got going, in part because Ray was on his game too. I expected more from the offense and the starter Waino on opening night. I've listened to conversations from Bernie and Wheeler all morning and agreed in most part. Meyers shouldn't be collecting dust and Flaherty shouldn't have went back down, he won't be there long. As for m.m. hopefully he doesn't end up using hicks everyday like he does bowman otherwise that 100+mph arm will be blown out. I watched the game, I cussed, If you have to go to the pen in the 4th inning you should at least kick the tires on some guys in the pen you never get out for the very sake of at least getting them some work in so they can maintain their craft.

bodyman

We do have some early afternoon home openers today in Believeland and Colorado I like both teams to notch their first home victory today. Indians is a little chaulky but that doesn't matter with a win.

2daBank

Lastnight's game was a disappointment to say the least. The offense never got going, in part because Ray was on his game too. I expected more from the offense and the starter Waino on opening night. I've listened to conversations from Bernie and Wheeler all morning and agreed in most part. Meyers shouldn't be collecting dust and Flaherty shouldn't have went back down, he won't be there long. As for m.m. hopefully he doesn't end up using hicks everyday like he does bowman otherwise that 100+mph arm will be blown out. I watched the game, I cussed, If you have to go to the pen in the 4th inning you should at least kick the tires on some guys in the pen you never get out for the very sake of at least getting them some work in so they can maintain their craft.
    Yea he gonna burn out the ones he "trust" then wha? He won't go to Meyers in a game that we up a run late and he will send out one these guys he wearing out to get shelled.

Only part of Bernie I caught today was the Costas interview which was really good, heard very little o what he was saying on cards but I've heard him and wheeler (who I don't reality like) say similar things to my gripes on the situation w Meyers and Flarhery, it not exactly rocket science! That what makes me so damn aggravated! You would think just bout any idiot could figure it out (even wheeler! Lol) but not good ol MM!!

bodyman

Yea he gonna burn out the ones he "trust" then wha? He won't go to Meyers in a game that we up a run late and he will send out one these guys he wearing out to get shelled.

Only part of Bernie I caught today was the Costas interview which was really good, heard very little o what he was saying on cards but I've heard him and wheeler (who I don't reality like) say similar things to my gripes on the situation w Meyers and Flarhery, it not exactly rocket science! That what makes me so damn aggravated! You would think just bout any idiot could figure it out (even wheeler! Lol) but not good ol MM!!
    I really like the whole daily lineup, I miss Chris Duncan being off because of another brain tumor (just a sad set of circumstances), The Costos interview was amazing as you would expect, its worth a listen for everyone to hear not just sports fans. Stalter was dropping a little chatter awhile ago there was rumbling's of Joe Girardi replacing m.m. possibly sooner than later? I don't see that happening but they were talking about it

bodyman

Rocks and Indians both looking solid this afternoon

2daBank

I really like the whole daily lineup, I miss Chris Duncan being off because of another brain tumor (just a sad set of circumstances), The Costos interview was amazing as you would expect, its worth a listen for everyone to hear not just sports fans. Stalter was dropping a little chatter awhile ago there was rumbling's of Joe Girardi replacing m.m. possibly sooner than later? I don't see that happening but they were talking about it
    Oh really Girardi? That be freaking awesome!! I don't follow yanks day to day enough to really know a great deal about him but thought pretty crazy a guy one game away from WS would get fired!! At this point I'd be happy if they replaced MM with a 3 legged dog!! Lol. No way that happens mid-season if at all tho, just don't see it as not cards style!! I'd love it tho!! I think it take a really ugly season for them to fire him at end, I think he has some really juicy dirt on the front office! Lol..

Yea the Costas interview was amazing, can't remember last time listening to a interview made me feel emotions other than anger or irritation!! Lol.

I didn't know Duncan had that going on again, that sucks. My best friends sister actually dated him for a minute back when he was playing, really good dude!! . She a hottie (well was, has kinda fallen off a little w age and kid, lol) before him she dated few rams players, I loved when that was going on, it was back when rams were terrible after Vermiel left and those dudes just didn't give a shit, we be out partying with half the dline and few others late into the night on Saturday's before a game! I would load up against them those days!! Lol.

spicollifcfd
    spicollifcfd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5963

What's your take on cards today I put a unit on em last nite thinkin of adding?

bodyman

Let's get some Tigers and Twins for a little after lunch snack

bodyman

I like em to bounce back today but I won't put money on Wacha at minus???? Especially against Grienke, That's just nutty imo, weather sucks here today sunny and cold very windy and just not ideal conditions

bodyman

I'm outside everyday no matter what the weather is like so it doesn't bother me.......professional athlete's that make millions and used to laying on the beach or being somewhere tropical this weather bothers them. They will be in a hurry to get in the dugout in front of the heaters and won't grind out ab's, they won't wanna play the field, I'm guessing we'll see a lot of 3 up 3 down quick innings, if I had to play it would be the under
    Points Awarded:

spicollifcfd gave bodyman 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bodyman

So much for my theory of a quick game because of the cool weather, In the pitchers defense this home plate umpire is horrific, I don't usually get on the umpire's but whoever this guy is should be ashamed of himself, Stevie Wonder could call a better strike zone than this clown

2daBank

It really not that cold out, can't believe they acting like it is. I just got home from farmers market right down street and thought it was fairly nice out in sun!!

First 12