Betpoints: 9053

is it retarded to bet tampa today?

yankee allstars having to travel alot

petittes been shaky

shields has been good
    how many in a row has tampa lost?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like Tampa Bay in this game Crayzee. For some strange reason it seems like Pettitte can never hold a lead this year.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Tampa has only lost 2 in a row, but I think are something like 1-9 in their last 10.

If I was to bet this game, it would be with the Devil Rays.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I expect Petitte to come with a maxmium effort tonight. He's shut down some potent lineups this season, he's had a few days off, maybe worked some kinks out.

If Shields doesn't go 7 I think the Yanks win this one. He's certainly capable of giving up runs himself.

hollins1000
    hollins1000's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree with you fine gentlemen. I have been burned too many times by that god awful TB bullpen to bet them against that Yankee lineup. Im taking a pass on this one, but GL to those of you that play it.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Tampa has only lost 2 in a row, but I think are something like 1-9 in their last 10.

If I was to bet this game, it would be with the Devil Rays.
    Lost 11 in a row, then got 1 win (shields pitched that game. Dominating most of the game. he gave up 3 of his 4 runs in the 8th) then they lost 2 in a row again before the All Star Break! U guys must have Crystal Balls to know when the lowly D-Rays can end their losing streaks. If Pettite cant hold a lead against this basement team (who also happens to be losing in great numbers) then he needs to take an extensive (I aint no)All-Star (no more) break.....or pop in a few viagara's pre game! It's not how good Pettite will pitch , but which Shields will show up? Hollins has the best play but i wouldnt be suprised if there is a no-show today.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, I agree with the last two guys, tough to gauge this one, but I would either play the Devil Rays for the first five innings or the Yankees for the game.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I like to play TB in these series more so in NY cause you get TB +300 to +400 sometimes so I would try TB as long as the odds are right.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't say it's retarded, but I'm taking the Yankees. Tampa Bay will need an 8 or 9 inning, 2-run start from Shields to have a good chance to win this one. I think Pettitte will have a good start tonight, although that is based on research and not numbers. I'll probably hedge it a bit with the under as well, since if Tampa Bay wins, it will more likely be because Shields pitched well than that Pettitte got hit, and of course, if the Yankees win, it will also be more likely to be because Pettitte pitched well than that Shields got hit.

Taking TB is defensible, but I like the Yankees.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

A.Rod
    Jetes
    Bobby

all deep in the 4th....wow