19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

THE GIANT...Getting Excited?

ICYMI: Shohei Ohtani looked fresh in his new @Angels threads on Wednesday. #SpringTraining

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Yes!

This guy appears to be this centuries Babe Ruth.

I'm just hoping Mike Scioscia doesn't ruin him. I can't stand that guy.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

So this is the kid that batted well over .300, hit 20 homers, and struck out 170 people as a pitcher in the same season?

I'm interested.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Angels are in it to win it.

Here I go, sounding like a broken record again, you guys know how I feel about Richards and Shoemaker, been saying it for over three years now, I love those two, but for the love of God can Richards stay healthy for a season and make pretend it's 2014 again and go 13 and 4 and no hitter can touch you and strike out a batter an inning again, and while I'm begging here for my pal Giant can Shoemaker keep opposing batters in the park, I mean Holy Mother of God it's mind boggling how Shoe doesn't wind up on the DL with whiplash turning his neck watching the balls fly over the wall.

I'll say it yet again, Angels go as far as the pitching goes, I'm very familar with Tropeano, he pitched here in my neck of the woods when he was in HS and college at Stoney Brook, he sucked last year, but he's so much better than last year, I felt bad for him.
    Why are the Angels hanging on to that hamburger Tyler Skaggs, hasn't he proved he doesn't deserve a big league roster spot yet.
    And while on the subject of "I'm not worthy of a big league roster spot" that other cheeseburger, Blake Wood needs to get the boot, as the biggest Royals fan on these boards (the only KC Royal fan on these boards) we drafted him, he got lit up like River Phoenix on blow, and we couldn't take it anymore.

Now about that offense, that's going to be a lot of fun, if Scosica doesn't bat Trout 3rd or 4th in the order than he has rocks in his head.
    Kinsler is a run scoring machine, let Trout drive him in.

Who's playing 1B, Cron again.
    I like him, but he's got more power in his swing than just 16 or so HR's, he has 24-28 HR power, why isn't that happening?
    That outfield when in the groove can score beau coup runs. Oh, one last item, the catching corp is dog shit.

Say it with me for the fourth year in a row.
    It's all about the pitching.

I'd love to see the Angels knock off Houston in the West, here's the kicker, Houston has the pitching, Angels don't.
    I'm looking for the right price on Cleveland, I think there time is now. That pitching roatation is nasty one trough five.

NL, Washington sleeps walk to a divison title, Dodgers win the west again, with SD making major strides though, if you can get a good number on SD regarding over/under wins, bet the over, but don't bet more than over 78 wins, if SD signs Hosmer, hit the over on SD hard.

Shhhhh.
    Nashy going to let you fellas in on a secret, promise not to tell anybody.
    Brewers are going to win the NL Central.
    The Cubs ship has sailed, bon yoyage, the Cards arre overrated, they are overrated because they are the St.Louis Cardinals don;t ya know?

Brews are going to lead off with Nasher's world series hero Lorenzo Cain, follow that up with one of the most underrated player in the game Christian Yellich, who Miami gave away, than the thunder sticks come up, Thames. Braun, Shaw.
    That first half of the lineup is scarier than you think, they all stea bases except for Thames, they all get on base better than average.....

Pitching is mediocre, but the season goes 162 games, adjustments are made and readjusted,

Now remember, the Brewers thing is our little secret.

Now the question is why is Nasher watching Trainsotting on Showtime and posting on some message board at 3am?
    The correct answer would be, he's off from work tomorrow (as of now it's today) and what else does he have to do at 3am besides finish his daddy jucie.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

David Sterns...Amazin!!
    SBR's Nasher....Priceless!!

stevenash

Says here Pujols will play a lot of first base this season.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ore-first-base

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    David Sterns...Amazin!!
    SBR's Nasher....Priceless!!
    I'm surprised anybody got that inside gag.
    Thanks bud.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

How's the Angels bullpen?