AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

since this is my first year playing bases

What should I expect after the all star break aside from the main pitchers from last year most likely turning it up a notch or two???

onlooker BBD ganch ebone willie LT and the rest of the long time MLB players, sorry for any I may have left out but you know who you are

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Usually teams start to jockey for position for that big stretch drive right around August 1st range. So make sure your prepared for that first and foremost. Also expect a lot of chalk to start cashing in a very high rate at the 40 game stretch drive, until teams start to fade out of the playoff race.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Usually teams start to jockey for position for that big stretch drive right around August 1st range. So make sure your prepared for that first and foremost. Also expect a lot of chalk to start cashing in a very high rate at the 40 game stretch drive, until teams start to fade out of the playoff race.
    I think I will watch the first week back to see what changes I need to make with my game selections, thanks BBD.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

AC, as I have stated before, July is my worst month by far. That is because, as BBD says, the favorites win. I've been following it rather closely for the last 5-7 years; I'm sure others on here have more data than that but favs winning in July and early August seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

This year has been a bit odd though. April is usually a real good month for dogs and it wasn't. May was typical, actually a little better for me historically this year than year's past. Maybe July won't be as harsh this year as year's past. I had a decent June. July has not started out well.

You seem to be doing real well. I'd keep on keepin' on if I were you. This time of year, it seems some teams really lose interest as well. Keep an eye out for that.

E

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    AC, as I have stated before, July is my worst month by far. That is because, as BBD says, the favorites win. I've been following it rather closely for the last 5-7 years; I'm sure others on here have more data than that but favs winning in July and early August seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

This year has been a bit odd though. April is usually a real good month for dogs and it wasn't. May was typical, actually a little better for me historically this year than year's past. Maybe July won't be as harsh this year as year's past. I had a decent June. July has not started out well.

You seem to be doing real well. I'd keep on keepin' on if I were you. This time of year, it seems some teams really lose interest as well. Keep an eye out for that.

E
    Thanks EBONE, I have been doing OK but in the beginning of the season I was getting my ass handed to me, I was playing many favs and it bit me on the ass now I got a grip on things and understand MLB wagering better, I was a strictly NFL person but dabbled in NHL and whipped ass from there I smacked some NBA games around and decided what the F, I should give bases a try. As I stated I got torn up in the beginning and blew a large amount of my profits from the other 3 sports then I started reading the post between you guys about dogs and what not got away from the favs and it has been curtains since, glad to say I pulled back the loot so I am now chartering unknown territory with the 2nd half of MLB and expect changes to occur so for now I will post my would be plays but will hang loose for a week or two to test the waters, I would like to keep my earnings. Anyway thanks for the response and thanks to all of you BBD onlooker and S7 wherever you are for steering me away from the chalk. here's to the 2nd half of the MLB season. Let's try to tear it up.
    Last edited by AC1318; 07-09-07 at 04:30 PM.