Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Kershaw gets the win +135

If anyone likes the Dodgers tonight, this bet is good value. Kershaw will go 7-8 innings minimum. Dodgers bats are heating up. I like how all these guys on the forum only mention pitchers. Lmao. I said before this series that hitting wins games. And every single game has been determined by that. Every one. Dodgers bats like I said are clutcher, more consistent, and they are smarter... You can throw any pitcher you want out there.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I got this as well

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Kershaw isn't going more than 6

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Kershaw isn't going more than 6
    we'll see how he does. Kershaw can be hit. Any pitcher can. Hitting wins championships, simple as that, and this serries is proving that once more.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Looks like a good bet.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I hope you are right GOAT!!! GO DODGERS!!! Never a bad idea to bet on Kershaw all year long...

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I thought the over was a great fade play, I'm on Houston over 3 TT

Bases juiced here, let's see if LA can score here in the 1st after a Bellinger K with bags full

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Un. penetrating. Believable. #goatmilk

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Ouch.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

nice call hitting does win games.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Kershaw to win a big game??

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He won a game already Although he’s very hittable now

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He won a game already Although he’s very hittable now
    game 5 there was much more pressure

he crumbled as usual

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Kershaw will always be a really, really good pitcher.....Hall of Fame Pitcher!

But he will just never be listed in the elite class, due to his playoff struggles.

garvardntl
    illegitimum non carborundum
    garvardntl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Were the balls juiced yesterday

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by garvardntl View Post
    Were the balls juiced yesterday
    Well it seems like the hitters see the ball great at that park with the roof closed. Couple that with the fact that the Dodgers have used their pen a lot so the Astros are getting used to them with the fact the Astros simply do not have a pen or a closer.

Could be a different story in the LA cool air and stadium lights.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Many opportunities to grab that Lengendary status, only to fail yet again .
    Sure he had no help except a big lead to collapse.
    The "Dan Marino " of baseball

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    we'll see how he does. Kershaw can be hit. Any pitcher can. Hitting wins championships, simple as that, and this serries is proving that once more.
    Goat, when you talk NBA I listen.
    Your basketball insight is amazing.

I know what you are trying to say about this series, however this series is an anomaly. Last nights game was a three ringed circus.
    I just had a spirited debate with a CBS sports writer who called last nights game the greatest world series game ever.
    No, last nights game was not the greatest ever, it may have been the most entertaining game ever. Greatest ever? Not even close.

I have to disagree with your hitting wins championships.
    Home runs and hitting win games, pitching wins titles.
    And yes, Kershaw is not a money game pitcher.

I say pitching and to expand on that pitching and up the middle defense usually (not always) wins championships.
    Case in point, 1984 Tigers rolled to a championship with the best up the middle defense I ever saw (Parish, Whitaker, Trammell, and Chet Lemon) three of the four won gold gloves, and the other one (Chet Lemon) got ripped off. A good up the middle defense saves runs, makes a mediocre pitcher good, a good pitcher great.
    That Tiger team had a stud ace in Jack Morris, two solid middle of the rotation guys (Wilcox and Petry) and a stud closer in Willie Hernandez.

Putting aside this years freak show, 2016 Cubs and Indians there were only 54 total runs scored in that 7 game set.
    That's just an average of a little over 7 1/2 runs per game, there was even a 1-0 game (game 3)
    Cubs only hit .249 in that series, Indians .237
    It was Arietta and Chapman that dominated.

2015 Royals won it all with zero power, tremendous team speed, tremendous defense, and the greatest three headed monster in the bullpen I've ever seen. Plus one of the best clutch performances from a starter (Cueto) I've seen since Madison Bumgarner)
    Their relief pitching carried KC.

Speaking of Madison Bumgarner, do the 2014 Giants win without him?
    Besides Buster Posey and a couple of slappy .300 hitters, they had no real hitting.

What was the one constant that the Yankees had when they won in 1996, 1998-2000, and 2009.
    The greatest money pitcher of all time Mariano Rivera, he was closing out each and every Yankee title.
    (except in 1996 he was setting up Wetteland who was barely hittable in saving all four games)
    Yankees don't beat the Braves without Cone, and Pettitte, and Jimmy Key and the bullpen.

The more recent Yankees added Clemens and others, it wasn't always Jeter and Paulie and Tino and Posada and Bernie.
    Actually, in my opinion, the last "super baseball team" were the Yankees of the late 90's.

Marlins in 2003 beat the Yankees with Josh Beckett pitching out of his shoes, and they had three other 14 game winner.
    Miggy was a part time rookie on that team and I forgot that Derek Lee hit 30 homers for them, so did Mike Lowell.

Marlins in 1997 did have a balanced power lineup but it was mainly Kevin Brown who won 16 and Hernandez that won 17.

You want a great World Series, one of the greatest I've ever seen.
    2001 Arizona Diamondbacks over the Yankees in seven games.

Randy Johnson one of the greatest pitchers of the modern era was out of this universe clutch.
    He throws a complete game nine inning three hit shutout of that Yankee lineup, and poor Andy Pettitte throws a five hitter and was pretty much matching the Big Unit pitch for pitch.
    Then Randy Johnson saves Arizona's ass in game six with a rocking chair win (over Andy Pettite again)
    Then on zero days rest, because he doesn't need to snowflake fukking pitch count, comes out of the bullpen in game seven for Curt Schilling.

That game seven was all pitching.
    Clemens had Schilling were tied 1-1
    Clemens struck out 10, Schilling 9.
    Eighth inning Soriano leads off with a solo shot, 2-1 now Yanks.
    Batista comes in for Schilling who also won game one and was pitching out his mind as well
    Batista gets Jeter to hit a weak ass ground out, Randy Johnson come in to get Knoblauch.
    Johnson gets an easy 4 out save, game wins on the only blemish in Mariano's career, a walk off,]
    World Series hump back single.

Randy Johnson redefined clutch in 2001.

I told you about 1984 Tigers.

1990, hitting was supposed to win that series.
    Ain't no pitching can shutdown the Oakland Bash Brothers, Canseco and Mark McGwire, and the rest, right?
    The Reds Nasty Boys made the Oakland Bash Brothers look stupid.
    Those three in the bullpen in the 1990 Series combined for 8 2/3 innings of no run ball, allowing six hits.

Have to disagree with you Goat.
    Hitting wins games, pitching wins titles.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I didn't read whole post but I'm sure nasher spot on, he knows his baseball. This series the exception not the rule goaty. pitching has and always will be what mainly wins championships, we have witnesssed it time and time again throughout history. Giants haven't had a scary lineup since god knows when? They have won multiple championships on the arm of mad bum and few timely hits.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Dodgers were goatmilked

advantageU
    4 fords and a toyota
    advantageU's Avatar Become A Pro!

most entertaining game ever - YES