sdjoe
    sdjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big game tonight i like

PADRES

after watching the whole dodger game last night i saw the braves with horrible fielding , hudson got rocked early , and atlanta has used there bullpen to the limit they are gased , Germano is very solid i also like the UNDER what you guys think???

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

You would think that defense would improve today, as it was a issue yesterday.

But not a thing you can do with that bullpen, it has been over used for last few days already. So your right about that, its gassed.

I am not playing this game, but if I had to, it would be with Germano and the Padres.

Good luck Joe.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually am liking the over in this game. The Braves pen has been really used quite a bit on this road trip, and they are starting to really feel it.

sdjoe
    sdjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would normally agree with you there Dan with the over . but the padres are really in a dry streak with the bats , the ball doesnt carry at all at night at petco and germano is solid i see it being like a 4-2 game

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough one sdjoe, it's a game with conflicting momentum. As noted, Atl's pen is in bad shape, but that conflicts IMO with Carlyle who will have a good start I think. Also, Atlanta was in a bad hitting slump, then they came out of it a bit, but now they're going to Petco and facing a pitcher and bullpen who are usually effective there, so that's conflicting as well.

If I had to take sides in this one, yeah I guess I'd take the under, and I guess I'd take SD. But this is a very tricky game in general.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I played the under. Atlanta's pen is in bad shape after last night's game when Hudson was knocked out early, but I expect Carlyle to throw a good game. He's been relatively solid, and his ERA is 3.61 in all games other than his start against Boston, in which he was roughed up. He's gotten back on track since that outing - 1 R in 10 IP. Germano isn't overpowering, but he's also been effective. He's gone at least 6 innings in nine of his ten starts. 8 is too high at Petco.