RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Possible "live in game bet" for tonight...

If Yankees get on the board first in the first 3 innings, grab Houston if Verlander is still in. Other than that, the game is not playable for me personally.

I was interested in playing Colorado St. but I waited too long and the number is now fried. If new Mexico get's any lead in the first half, then play Colo St. for a normal wager.

About it for Friday night for me. Have a great start to your weekend.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Agreed on Colo St.

Got then at -7 (bought hook) last night.

I don't think it's gonna matter, I see them winning by 14+ but if NM scores early definitely grab some Colo St love action.

Yanks game no play for me as I have them series price .

Glad range

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Why isn't the game playable?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most do not get Yanks devastating

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why isn't the game playable?
    LB, in my view there is no value on either side with the current numbers. Depending on what the numbers are in the "live betting" which usually aren't good, I might play Houston at -110 or better which will probably get there if the Yanks get on the board first. If Houston gets an early lead, NYY is toast IMO so no need grabbing a number unless it's a great number, which I would need +350 or better if it were 1-0 early on which I don't think the books will offer.

Good luck in whatever you do, man.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    LB, in my view there is no value on either side with the current numbers. Depending on what the numbers are in the "live betting" which usually aren't good, I might play Houston at -110 or better which will probably get there if the Yanks get on the board first. If Houston gets an early lead, NYY is toast IMO so no need grabbing a number unless it's a great number, which I would need +350 or better if it were 1-0 early on which I don't think the books will offer.

Good luck in whatever you do, man.
    Okay thanks. I took the Yanks ML +132. I think that is great value. Severino is almost as good as Verlander. The line is higher than game 2 and that was a practically a perfect game by Verlander.

Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

I don’t really understand the logic... if Yankees get on the board early than Verlander is likely to be “hittable” so how is that a good live bet?

Predicting a good live bet may be one of the wildest things I’ve heard of... I understand watching and seeing a trend.. but if u see it one way prematurely, then just bet that way at the start.

I mean -150 is worth it if ur confident... I’d rather pay $150 to win $100 in a tied game $100, than $100 to win $100 with the score 0-1, just sayin...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ranger you’re trying to get technical and it’s hurting your game

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by Timmah2483 View Post
    I don’t really understand the logic... if Yankees get on the board early than Verlander is likely to be “hittable” so how is that a good live bet?

Predicting a good live bet may be one of the wildest things I’ve heard of... I understand watching and seeing a trend.. but if u see it one way prematurely, then just bet that way at the start.

I mean -150 is worth it if ur confident... I’d rather pay $150 to win $100 in a tied game $100, than $100 to win $100 with the score 0-1, just sayin...
    I base it on "Line Value" and no so much who I think is going to win the game. I think at Yankees 1-0 in the 2nd inning, for example, Houston will be right around even or -110 which is good value. Again, that's speculative. It gives the home team most of the game to come back and laying near even money is a good proposition in my view. On the other side, I feel if the Yankees fall behind it's pretty much doomsday for them and I would need a big number to consider.

Hope that answers you question.

Timmah2483

Playing value, is called couponing... it was very popular in the 80’s.. but your just buying crap you don’t want or know about...

U gotta play the teams man...

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by Timmah2483 View Post

U gotta play the teams man...
    Quickest way to go broke bud. But good luck.

But to his reasoning it isn't as bad at all as it sounds. I agree Baseball you may want to avoid it depending. But I do this all the time. Especially in Womens Tennis where they break often multiple time in a set producing wild swings in the odds. You can nab some tremendous value, often with scalping possibilities...Basketball is another example where team runs usually come in waves where you can snag ridiculous odd swings in the first quarter that smash the closing line.

Timmah2483

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    Quickest way to go broke bud. But good luck.

But to his reasoning it isn't as bad at all as it sounds. I agree Baseball you may want to avoid it depending. But I do this all the time. Especially in Womens Tennis where they break often multiple time in a set producing wild swings in the odds. You can nab some tremendous value, often with scalping possibilities...Basketball is another example where team runs usually come in waves where you can snag ridiculous odd swings in the first quarter that smash the closing line.

Playing the teams, is the quickest way to go broke? I understand it in tennis... but if ur telling me a pitcher gets rocked in the 1st couple innings and goes down 0-1, who’s to say he isn’t hittable that game?

Its easier to win win a game knowing who is playing and what is going on the week of, than to guess at a losing team to come back... I know they happen, but chasing them doesn’t make sense.
    And as far as going broke... I just won $11k earlier this year on a parlay.. I guess we will just play our own ways.. but I been doing this for 17yrs. Everyway has its ups and downs... good luck to you bargain shoppers