Betpoints: 37

Knelling at gm tonight

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Guy can't even win a playoff series. WTF is wrong with him?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Brad Ausmus ?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Great regular season manager. Nats will regret this when then don't make the playoffs next year. It's not like anyone before Dusty won a playoff series either with the Nats. Looks like LSU firing Les Miles for not being able to do what no one else can do either

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

i think they said he was 0-11 in clinching playoff games

thats the definition of a career loser in my book

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Garden hire Tigers

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Great regular season manager. Nats will regret this when then don't make the playoffs next year. It's not like anyone before Dusty won a playoff series either with the Nats. Looks like LSU firing Les Miles for not being able to do what no one else can do either
    There's a point where just getting to the playoffs isn't enough. That division is pretty damn soft, barring injuries, they should win it again.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Bye bye playoffs. Funny when Nats win in regular season you guys said Dusty has nothing to do with it, I take you guys with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by jtoler; 10-20-17 at 03:32 PM.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

With that roster and in that god awful division, making the playoffs means nothing. Anyone here could manage that team to the playoffs

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Funny how two managers fired both win the division

jjgold

He was not smart at all

Box of rocks

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Knelling at gm tonight

jjgold

One of the dumbest managers ever to coach the game

You had to fill a quota that’s why he stayed

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

awesome kol song

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Yeah the reds were so much better off with him gone
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    One of the dumbest managers ever to coach the game

You had to fill a quota that’s why he stayed

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Winning in playoffs is usually as much about luck as anything else. It far from dusty's fault nats forgot how to field a ball in game 5.

slambam

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Winning in playoffs is usually as much about luck as anything else. It far from dusty's fault nats forgot how to field a ball in game 5.
    Go back and look how he handed Scherzer and the pen game 3. Twice he had better options in the pen, but he brought in somebody else. Both times that guy gave up RBI hits to the first batter they faced. One of those was when he for some reason pitched to Rizzo. Not even to mention wanting extra rest for Scherzer, so he didn't start him game 2, then he pitches him twice on 4 days. Guy is clueless at handling pitchers in the playoffs.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Go back and look how he handed Scherzer and the pen game 3. Twice he had better options in the pen, but he brought in somebody else. Both times that guy gave up RBI hits to the first batter they faced. One of those was when he for some reason pitched to Rizzo. Not even to mention wanting extra rest for Scherzer, so he didn't start him game 2, then he pitches him twice on 4 days. Guy is clueless at handling pitchers in the playoffs.
    These guys are pro athletes, they should go out there and compete. Instead of blaming this manager for putting a pitcher out there, blame the professional pitcher who went out there and didn't do his job. Games/rings are won by players. Coaches can only do so much. I believe you when you say this guy made bad decisions, but honestly even bad coaching decisions could be swept under the rug by great players. Just look at Brady in the superbowl. There's only 4 min left in the third quarter and the Patriots, THE PATRIOTS, BILL BELLICHECK'S TEAM, has 3 points. THREE!

Brady put that team on his back by himself. And that motivation trickled down to the wrs, to the o line, the rbs, to the defense....

Then ppl blame Shanahan for his playcalling. Lol. You know how many plays Brady gets from McDaniel's and he changes the play at the line?

How many times in baskeball a coach draws up a play in the time out, it doesn't work, and the captain calls something out and runs it?

How many times a pitcher calls his own number and tells the manager to fukk off (Bumgarner)?

Players win games.

Ra77er

Then why have managers?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Then why have managers?
    Managers/coaches still have a job to do. And don't get me wrong, I don't discount their work. But it's not just them. It's a whole team. Is the manager really more important than the guy who is collecting all the scouting report data for you (about what batters like to hit, if a guy in bball likes to go left and step back, if a certain WR always jukes right on a certain route)? A lot of ppl contribute to the team success, but at the end of the day, you can have all the data, all the info you want....

if you don't go out there and TAKE IT, as an athlete, then that's it bro. Those players lost. Manager is just there to make some moves here and there, get the guys motivated, keep the team together, teach, wisdom... he can't play for you.

Goat Milk

If Scherzer is tired or not feeling it and hurting his team, as an athlete, you have to take yourself out of the game. What is this? Little league?

Dirk yesterday told Rick Carlisle "I'm not feeling it today, I want Powell to go in for me." Dirk. A legend. late 4th quarter of a 2 point game.... Players can make decisions to help the team win. Matt Ryan could run the ball any play he sees fit. If you just follow what your coach tells you, then you're not a great player, and you don't deserve to beat a great player (Brady).

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I say it all the time, Dusty will always have a job because of his regular season record, but he will always find a way to dumb you out of the playoffs. I didn't really see it happen this time, but I didn't watch much of the series either.

A lot of Managing is already done for you now in the way of stats and bench coaches and such, but deciding when and how long pitchers pitch and don't pitch is something Dusty always sucked at, and that may be part of the reasoning here and why the pitching wasn't great in the playoffs.

Props to the Nats for seeing it early, and cutting bait.

slambam

A managers job is to put his players in best best position to win. He didn't do they in the playoffs, that's why he's canned. The guy also batted his best hitter 5th all series.

Ra77er

I think this is an interesting discussion to say the least.

A good manager imo will have a plan and be given the tools necessary to execute it.

Trying to find tools to fit a plan in todays world is nigh impossible.

Everyone has their own plans and a bevy of information to prove you wrong and or work agasint you.

Simply a scapegoat today...Harper struck out on his final AB yet will still recieve 400 million.

some lucky to find a team that is filled with veterans and youth that require minimal direction.

I think in Dustys case here he didnt have a solid plan for the postseason. Hes had opportunities to learn and it doesnt look like he did. I could be wrong.

Ra77er

Now if you want to say that the results are predetermined in all businesses

well then the manager is simply an actor

and should not be held accountable for wins or losses but merely his or her showmanship.

I would argue we should just do away with them then and let the professionals play the game and see what kind of disorganized mess occurs.