rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

4 Friday plays

Dodgers -130: I'm convinced Chad Billingsley will eventually be a 15-18 game winner. He's been used primarily out of the pen (where he's pitched quite well) but with Wolf on the DL, he will get his opportunity to shine every fifth day. He's coming off a 7 inning, 3 H gem in his last outing against SD. Dontrelle Willis, on the otherhand, remains one of the most over-hyped, least productive "big name" pitcher's in the game. Willis has been a mediocre pitcher throughout the season, and he's also battled arm problems in the last two weeks. His career numbers against the Dodgers (1-5, 7.11, 1.81) are brutal.

Astros -116: Mike Pelfrey gets the ball for the Mets, and although he pitched relatively well in his last start on the road against a tough Philadelphia lineup, he's still a liability. The Mets are 1-6 in his seven starts this year, and he's facing the Astros at an inopportune time - just as their offense is starting to wake up. Wandy Rodriguez has been a pleasant surprise for the Stros, particularly at home, where he boasts a 4-2 record with a 2.13 ERA, no small feat considering the hitter-friendly environment and dimensions at Minute Maid.

Yankees RL +135: Colon's decline has been well-documented. His velocity is way down, and he's given up more hits than innings pitched in each of his last eight starts, not a good sign heading into Yankee Stadium. Pettitte's coming off his worst outing of the season, but he's been reliable more often than not. With or without A-Rod in the lineup, I think the Yankees win this game big.

Braves/Padres U 8 -105: Anytime you can get a total of 8 at Petco and the pitcher's involved aren't named Kip Wells, Edwin Jackson or Anthony Reyes, the under is worth a play. The Padres aren't hitting at all right now, and their one significant offensive threat - Adrian Gonzalez, is mired in his worst slump of the season, during which his average has dipped from .297 to .265 in less than three weeks. Buddy Carlyle is quietly putting together a solid season (1.26 WHIP, .254 BAA). He's had one bad outing in which he gave up 7 runs in 3.2 IP to the Red Sox. Not including the Boston start, Carlyle's ERA is 3.61. He's given up 1 R in his last 10 IP since that game, and he should fare well pitching in Petco against a SD lineup that certainly is no comparison to Boston's. Justin Germano, meanwhile, has been one of the better rookie pitcher's in baseball, and I expect him to do his part in keeping runs scored at a premium in this one.
    Last edited by rjt721; 07-06-07 at 02:33 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree with your Yankees and Dodgers plays RJT. However, I do like your Astros play tonight.

BOL to you sir