slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

MLB sued after line drive foul ball leaves man blinded in one eye

A 60-year-old man is suing the Chicago Cubs and Major League Baseball after being struck by a foul ball that left him blind in his left eye.
    According to the Chicago Sun Times, the lawsuit states that John “Jay” Loos was struck in the face by a line drive while sitting behind the first-base dugout during the Aug. 29 game against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Wrigley Field. The impact left him with a broken nose and other facial injuries. He’s since endured three surgeries and is scheduled to undergo two more to address his injuries.
    Loos, who filed the suit in Cook County Circuit Court on Friday, says it’s possible doctors will have to remove the eye and replace it with a prosthetic. He’s seeking more than $50,000 in damages.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/cubs-mlb...210025386.html

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I believe that they need to put more netting around the field, but in the same breath, don't they give a warning about foul balls before the game begins?

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Only $50k??? He could ask for $1 million and get it. Ownership pays their players over $1 million a game.

symptoms
    symptoms's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sucks to lose an eye at a baseball game but they all warned about "flying objects" on the playing field

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Only $50k??? He could ask for $1 million and get it. Ownership pays their players over $1 million a game.
    ridiculous low amount to ask for. does this guy think it's 1951. cubs will settle this after a 30 second meeting to discuss it. his lawyer gets 1/3 of it. hospital and doctors the rest. will never go to court.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

it must be a typo. 50k doesn't even cover the medical bills. if he asked 50k, they would have paid instantly behind closed doors and closed the case.

he could easily win multi million dollar in this case.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Guys going to games now praying to get injured for a settlement check, unreal

Wheatgrass
    Wheatgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

i got hit in the neck by a puck at a devils game they gave me $7k for my medical bills

GreatWallofTrump
    GreatWallofTrump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 758

It’s all fun and games until someone looses an eye.