rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

2 Thursday plays

2* Mets -113: The Mets have struggled for the better part of the last month. They're coming off a sweep at the hands of the Rockies, which included a 17-7 ass-whooping last night. But opening as just a slight favorite with their ace on the hill against the lowly Stros?

John Maine has been one of the most consistent pitcher's in the NL. The Mets are 11-5 in his starts. He's been extremely effective on the road: 6-1, 2.24 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, .180 BAA. Maine's career number's against Houston are even more impressive: 2-0, 1.17 ERA, .52 WHIP.

Jason Jennings is a decent pitcher, but he's not in Maine's class. NY has a significant edge in virtually every area - better pen, better lineup, better defensively. Sure, Houston is fully capable of winning this game, but this line's a good 25-30 cents off.

1* Indians +103: While there's probably not much value with the Tribe at this price on the road against Detroit's ace, I still like them here. Cleveland's 6-3 against the Tigers this year, and Verlander's had difficulty with the Indians in his career (2-3, 5.97, 1.50). I think the Indians have established themselves as the class of the Central, and in a game that figures to be close throughout, Detroit's shaky bullpen situation is a huge concern.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

METS took a beating last night. I like the METS play but am looking at the Tigers.

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Mets tonight.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck man, I agree the Mets should be a higher favorite, they fall into a fade system that has been quite consistent over the years though, so that's sort of keeping me off them.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know rjt, I think Jennings is in Maine's class actually. He may be a tick below Maine, but they're in the same class I think. The Mets have some pop, but so is Houston's lineup coming to life.

The Mets have a bullpen edge of course, but Houston will probably only need 2 innings out of theirs, maybe less. I think this line is pretty close to on, I'm not sure there's a lot of value with the Mets here (and I have picked the Mets a lot this year as road favorites).

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree with you on your Mets play tonight RJT. I'm taking Houston in that game myself.

BOL to you sir