Betpoints: 10

He is terrible now

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    A result of the HR competition
    Every year this has happened
    The HR Derby is not giving Stanton any HR problems.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

This HR derby has ruined every swing since it has been started. It's a fact. Every guy that has won has had a huge slump after participating.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Leave the HR derby for the vets

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

👍 he had the greatest swing in baseball before this...../ now the worst Every year this happens

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    This HR derby has ruined every swing since it has been started. It's a fact. Every guy that has won has had a huge slump after participating.
    Ken Griffey Jr. never had a problem. The sweetest swing ever stayed that way. Just a cop out for when players struggle.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Cuse
    I humbly disagree with you
    Griff had one of the greatest swings in history
    However after a HR derby no one does well.
    It takes the focus off the plate apperance of the ball and now you are trying to hit a long fly ball without the appropriate mechanics
    It simply destroys the swing. Please look at the history of this

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Judge
    Hitting lights out
    Power
    Etc
    Before
    Now should be in AAA and can't make good contact.
    Not good for your eye or your cut at the ball
    It happens every year

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Judge will be a one year wonder

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Don't judge him

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Here's the thing with Judge, he'll always be a high volume strikeout guy.
    The league has figured Judge out.

a) he doesn't like sliders, a good slider pitcher will punch him out once, maybe twice a game.
    b) he's can't catch up to high heat, don't get me wrong he punishes fastballs, he's a sucker for a fastball, but high fastballs around chin level for example being 6' 7" he has trouble catching up with because he's just too tall.

He's not the second coming of Dave Kingman or Adam Dunn, hardly, he's not Mike Trout or Bryce Harper either.

Judge will always hit 30 plus home runs a year, I and others who have better baseball minds than me project him to hit around .270 for a career, but the power supply will always be there, there are only a handful of really good slider pitchers in the major leagues, Sale comes to mind first, Chris Archer is nasty, Garret Cole has a good slider, and of course Kershaw and Mad Max.

For every one of those guys there are 4 shitty pitchers that Judge will punish, he'll get his mid 30's home runs every year, he might have a season or two where he approaches 50, he might even have say a 52 homer season, but he'll never sniff season record high territory.

First three months pitchers thought they could get him out with fastball/curve. No such luck, like I mentioned pitchers found out you can get him out with high fastballs and sliders. Being a kid and a good student of the game he'll make the proper adjustments.
    If he plays 16 years he might sniff 500 home runs providing he stays healthy 16 healthy years at 30 homers a year is 480, but his batting average will hover around .270, he'll get his walks I can see an OBA around .340, but I can see 160 to 190 (do I dare say 200) strikeouts a year too.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's not gonna be able to help his team win you can't have an inefficient player like that

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Yeah Nasher the Yankees fans are really suffering. Kid is 25 making 500K. A few years back they were watching old codgers like McCann, etc. It's good times for NYY fans. You nor anyone else knows how he'll evolve/progress and it's likely somewhere in the middle between star and your prediction.

I'd venture to say he's gonna be a more complete version of Mike Stanton.

Also...so what if he's a K guy? Doesn't mean he wont get his. Reggie Jackson struck out 2600 times. He was aight. Mike Schmidt struck out 180 times in his 25 year old season. He was aight.

Edit - read your post/insight above after posting this. I thought you were hating on Judge more than you actually are. Thought you were saying he was worse than Kingman/Dunn lol.
    Last edited by tatddy; 08-20-17 at 02:29 PM.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Yeah Nasher the Yankees fans are really suffering. Kid is 25 making 500K. A few years back they were watching old codgers like McCann, etc. It's good times for NYY fans. You nor anyone else knows how he'll evolve/progress and it's likely somewhere in the middle between star and your prediction.
    No, he's hardly the second coming of Dunn or Kingman, you got it the second time.
    He's going to be I think a 1/2 level down from Stanton and Harper, he might even be on the same level as Harper, remember Harper doesn't
    I'd venture to say he's gonna be a more complete version of Mike Stanton.

Also...so what if he's a K guy? Doesn't mean he wont get his. Reggie Jackson struck out 2600 times. He was aight. Mike Schmidt struck out 180 times in his 25 year old season. He was aight.

Edit - read your post/insight above after posting this. I thought you were hating on Judge more than you actually are. Thought you were saying he was worse than Kingman/Dunn lol.
    You got it the second time, he's hardly the second coming of Dunn or Kingman, I agree somewhat with what you said, he'll be a 1/2 level down from Stanton and Harper, probably on the same tier as Harper, remember Harper hit .270 his first three seasons before he hit .330 in his MVP year, his fourth full year. The aforementioned will never be Mike Trout, Trout is a once in a lifetime player.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He's not gonna be able to help his team win you can't have an inefficient player like that
    He plays outstanding right field on defense, how can he be inefficient?
    The only flaw in his entire game is he strikes out too much.
    He has a cannon for an arm, smart on defense, I've only seen him make a couple of mistakes out there all season, hits a tom of bombs, and his average won't be that high, it'll be, well, average average.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

We shall see the Yankees are not dominating with him right now

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    We shall see the Yankees are not dominating with him right now
    If he could throw a fastball/change up they might be dominating with him, his hitting or anyone else on that teams hitting is not the problem over there, starting pitching is the problem.

Only dependable starter they have is Severino.
    Pineda is on the shelf, he's DL'ed.
    Sabathia is hit or miss and he's either on the DL or waiting to go on the DL.
    Same with Tanaka, his starts are hit or miss, and people think there's something wrong with his arm that the team is letting out.
    Jordan Montgomery is an OK starter, but he is what he is, a back end of the rotation guy with a 4 ERA.

Cubs sent back a damaged goods Chapman, they used him like a Grand Canyon mule last September and October, abused the shit out of his 103 MPH arm and said to Cashman, here, you can have him back,

Judge and his cronies in the batting order are not the problem there, and until the Yankees address their starting pitching with something other than Garcia and Gray, there's going to be a problem.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Dave kingman take 2 ?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Judge is the white version of Ryan Howard, the new Captain K

stevenash

Unlike Howard, Judge can move for a big boy.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Confidence going wrong way...strikeouts issue..injuries can hurt anybody

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    The HR Derby is not giving Stanton any HR problems.
    ....or Miguel Sano

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6207

Dwight Howard at least had like 5 decent seasons