CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

It might be,it could be......it is !! A crazy baseball season !!!

Guys,the way I see it,this season has not only be crazy but bad !! And I'am not talking from a profit and lost point of view. I can identify four reasons.
    #1.) In April,I hit big dogs,one at +225 the other +195,it's not the fact I won,but so early in the season,when teams are just getting started, I can not remember, ever, Vegas making a team -240 vs anybody, just 3 weeks into the season!
    #2.)Many times the "A" books would price a game @ 12,15,17 cent spread!!
    #3.)The worst was the extreme price movement in games!! Lines would move...20,30 ,40 cents,on a game ( without a pitch-out). And this has been commonplace. And it's been a disaster and obstacle to most of us gamblers! ! ! !
    #4.) A lot of times a lead of 4 or more runs in the 8th inning,has not been as safe,as in the past,regardless of the venue.!!

Anyone please add on or vent,and let's hope next season is not similar. I realize some of these issues are do to sabermetrics...hope nothing else comes around!!................................ .........BOL

Last edited by CappinTerp; 08-10-17 at 01:30 PM.

CappinTerp

Bump

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

I definitely never remember being burned so late in games as I have this season, and I always seem to be on the losing end.. my worst hit was a couple weeks ago, the angels being up 6 in the 9th against the Jays, and the Jays scored 7 in the 9th to win.. I believe a lot of it has to do with poor managing, leaving pitchers in too long when they clearly do not have it. I think management is too overwhelmed with pitch counts, when I don't think it has a lot to do with pitch counts as it is all of these guys are trying to throw 100mph and blow out their arms rather than hitting spots and putting good movement on pitches. These people just want to be power pitchers,.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    I definitely never remember being burned so late in games as I have this season, and I always seem to be on the losing end.. my worst hit was a couple weeks ago, the angels being up 6 in the 9th against the Jays, and the Jays scored 7 in the 9th to win.. I believe a lot of it has to do with poor managing, leaving pitchers in too long when they clearly do not have it. I think management is too overwhelmed with pitch counts, when I don't think it has a lot to do with pitch counts as it is all of these guys are trying to throw 100mph and blow out their arms rather than hitting spots and putting good movement on pitches. These people just want to be power pitchers,.
    That was a bad one,did not play it,but remember the score 11-10 !! You could not make this stuff up !!!