rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brewers with the juice?

I know the Brewers are posting around a -150 number right now, however I really like them in today's afternoon game. I do realize Capuano is coming off the DL and may of not been steller before he got to the DL, but the Pirates are starting this Triple A call up and in no way would I ever put faith in Pittsburgh. This is about the time of the year where the Pirates really fall apart and I was thinking about laying 300 to win 200 to pick up some nice change going into the night games. If I could pick up this game I would then really focus on circling only 2 games tonight and really try to show some real profit early in the week. Right now I'm not so sure if I would rather play the over 9.5 with the Pirates and Crew or just the Crew. Please give me you opinions.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually am liking the over a little more than I am the side in this game myself.

rmcaj

I would like the over, but so much lately I've been seeing teams go over one night and then the next night go way under. I don't want last night's 10-3 win by Milwaukee to be the reason why the line could be posting an inflated number of 9.5. With a rookie pitcher going up against Capuano, I really trust the Brewers in this spot more then I trust the Pirates to even keep it close.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capuano (1-4) 6.19 ERA lifetime at PNC Park. Youman from what I read is a guy who struggles with control at time - 10 walks in 21+ innings in a brief stint with PIT in '06.

and

Youman in 15 starts for Class AAA Indianapolis in '07 is 4-6 with a 4.70 earned run average. In 82 1/3 innings, he has allowed 94 hits, including three home runs, and 36 walks and struck out 61.
    I believe I'll play the over if anything in this one. Don't trust pitchers fresh off the DL for the most part and definitely not putting my money on an iffy-at best call-up for PIT/

rmcaj

I went with the over in this game, after carefully thinking about this and looking at the power line that they give you in that statfox for SBR Odds I saw that the Brewers are not as safe as a play as I thought they were. I went OVER 9.5 in the Brewers game. Lets cash this and ride a nice team for the night games!

rmcaj

why would the under 9.5 on bodog be -115? I can't see how either pitchers is gonna stop the other teams offense.

JBrown1045
    JBrown1045's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only 4 Runs so far. Neither team is getting the clutch hit. Pirates have had bases load twice with one time being 0 Outs and they only got 1 run. Brewers bases loaded once and CC hits a line drive to first. Bad luck.

rmcaj

I've never seen a game so gift wrapped for the other. The Pirates have had numerous opportunities to really get some runs and have not done anything. Now they just stranded 2 again this inning at 2nd and 3rd. Unbelievable!

rmcaj

Wow 2 runs are gonna cost me this over when they have had opportunity after opportunity to score runs early. Pretty sad.

AJ
    AJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

i went with the under on this one... i felt last nights game had some influence on todays line... 7 runs in one inning last night sure helped me today...

also took the under with the red sox game...

AJ

rmcaj

I've seen it to much in baseball this year that when a teams post a high score and goes way over one night the next night it is more then likely to be an under. This game though really should of been an over with all the men left on base and the missed opportunities.