teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do the cardinals know their lineup is trash?

Do you think they are aware of it? I want to back Lynn but shit man that lineup isn't making me want to.

It's baseball they might get 15 runs off lugo and that shitty mets pen but I doubt it.

I know wind is blowing out but that under 9.5 is tempting everybody pounding the over. Cespedes on one leg in left isn't helping an under.

Dexter fowler is batting 3rd I think that's a shitty lineup.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Honestly I like their lineup today. Obviously it hurts having gyrko and Molina out but at same time I don't like those 2 hitting 4-5 in the order (be much happier if those were the 6-7 hitters on a team).. I like viot and dejung in those spots although granted both young and extreamly early into their careers both have shown big league power/bats.

I do agree fowler hitting 3rd a problem but that has been the case since before the break, unfortunately they paid carpenter to be the 3 hitter and he simply doesn't produce as well from the 3 slot as leading off so now the guy they paid to set the table is the 3 hitter.

Overall the cards roster is constructed incredibly poorly!!team full of capable bats but no real 3-4-5 hitters and seriously feels like they have 12 second baseman on this roster!!

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Cardinals were great with Pujos and comp

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Cardinals were great with Pujos and comp
    I was all for them letting him walk and obviously it was the right move as laa paying for his past and getting shafted on price for current production.

Cards still have a lot of good pieces, the problem is they don't fit together at all and they in desperate need of a middle of the order presence. Unfortunately it is not in our front offices DNA to go out and get such a player. There no such player currently in our system, plenty of pitching talent in lower levels and lots more of same type guys we already have which again screams they need to make a big splash deal for a slugger but of course when a team has had their type success they will hang their hat on how they do things and be unwilling to go outside their comfort zone.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Well said Banker

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cards have some talent

I like betting them

StLouisCards
    StLouisCards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Banker, would you rather the see the Cards address their issue with the middle of the lineup or with the bullpen? I vote pen, i'm so sick of giving up leads

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Honestly I like their lineup today. Obviously it hurts having gyrko and Molina out but at same time I don't like those 2 hitting 4-5 in the order (be much happier if those were the 6-7 hitters on a team).. I like viot and dejung in those spots although granted both young and extreamly early into their careers both have shown big league power/bats.

I do agree fowler hitting 3rd a problem but that has been the case since before the break, unfortunately they paid carpenter to be the 3 hitter and he simply doesn't produce as well from the 3 slot as leading off so now the guy they paid to set the table is the 3 hitter.
    B
    Overall the cards roster is constructed incredibly poorly!!team full of capable bats but no real 3-4-5 hitters and seriously feels like they have 12 second baseman on this roster!!
    I know that's your team no disrespect intended... I cashed another under involving them. Why were people betting over 9.5 Pham is good, sierra looks like he will be good.

Nobody in that lineup puts fear into any pitchers.

They scored 2 runs.

When I look at your lineup and make a thread about it. Then bet and under and cash that under.

You might have a bad lineup.

That's not a good lineup let's put it that way.

In the past you had Edmonds,pujols holiday, shit even Adams fat boy had power.

That lineup is pedestrian as hell.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I know that's your team no disrespect intended... I cashed another under involving them. Why were people betting over 9.5 Pham is good, sierra looks like he will be good.

Nobody in that lineup puts fear into any pitchers.

They scored 2 runs.

When I look at your lineup and make a thread about it. Then bet and under and cash that under.

You might have a bad lineup.

That's not a good lineup let's put it that way.

In the past you had Edmonds,pupils, holiday, shit even Adams fat boy had power.

That lineup is pedestrian as hell.
    Lineup honestly isnt the problem

Problem with cards this year is closing out games, fundamentals and athleticism

Good example would be today

teaserpleaser

Yaisel puig bats 8th for dodgers

Puig would instantly be the most dangerous bat in your lineup
    Think about that.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Lineup honestly isnt the problem

Problem with cards this year is closing out games, fundamentals and athleticism

Good example would be today
    They scored 2 runs

Fidel_CashFlow

Cards got some good OBP guys

decent power

Id put Carpenter,past few years Piscotty and even Pham ahead of Puig

but I dont care for Puig too much

Cards lineup isnt great, but its not what is causing them to lose games this year

its the fundamentals and their overall athleticism , and you cant win if you cant get the last 3 outs

teaserpleaser

Yeah I don't care about why they lose games so much since I don't bet on them much.

More about why I can't back Lynn when I wanted to

I think that 2 runs is evidence of why.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Cards got some good OBP guys

decent power

Id put Carpenter,past few years Piscotty and even Pham ahead of Puig

but I dont care for Puig too much

Cards lineup isnt great, but its not what is causing them to lose games this year

its the fundamentals and their overall athleticism , and you cant win if you cant get the last 3 outs
    Puig would probably bat 3rd or 4th in your lineup and your skipper would be thrilled about it. Carpenter was a utility player you probably don't remember that dude isn't anything special. Pisscotty lolz

Pham looks good.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Puig would probably bat 3rd or 4th in your lineup and your skipper would be thrilled about it.

Carpenter was a utility player you probably don't remember that dude isn't anything special. Pisscotty lolz

Pham looks good.
    Yo Teaser . Carp was a utility guy for about a full season thats it
    Do you think Tony Gwynn was a very good player?
    Of course you do . Well that fella you said isnt anything special almost replicates Tony Gywnn's career numbers

Gwynn has him in average but outside of that its tied everywhere except home runs where Carpenter is easily ahead

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats...150/tony-gwynn

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats...matt-carpenter

Carp per 413 at bats hits 13 homers and 55 ribbies .377 obp and .838 ops

Gwynn per 413 at bats averaged 5 homers barely 50 ribbies .388 obp and .847 ops

Its like no one realizes what Carp is doing at the plate each at bat (hes had a slow first half though)

Carp is better than Puig bro

Then you str8 up laughed at my boy Piscotty who although doesn't have an athletic build or natural raw athletic potential

is still a great hitter and average defender In his short career so far

per 413 at bats he has averaged 14 home runs and over 60 + ribbies and respectable .348 obp and .794 ops

I couldnt sleep and just now saw you dissin hard lol

Always down to talk some sports so not arguing but stickin up for my team

Im also saying fukk the Cards this year but these players u laughed at arent slouches my friend

You ever dedicate another thread strictly to diss my Redbirds again and we are going to prolly end up arm wrestling

Fidel_CashFlow