rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

DOG Days of Summer - 7/2

Tough day yesterday, going 1-3 with all three dogs losing by 1.

Considering:

Royals +107: Mariners playing great ball, but Felix Hernandez has been a liability since coming off the DL. In his nine starts since returning from injury, Queen Felix is 2-3 with a 5.26 ERA. Of those nine games, only two have been quality starts - his 8 inning gem against Pittsburgh's inept offense two weeks ago, and a 6 inning, 3 R performance @ SD, in which he escaped several early jams. He's given up an astounding 78 H in his last 51.1 IP since returning from the DL, and in those nine starts, only once has he given up fewer hits than innings pitched. Hernandez has also not been pitching deep into games, as he's only pitched past the sixth once during that span.

Gil Meche, on the otherhand, has been remarkably consistent most of the year, although his worst outing of the season did come against his former team.

Twins +170: Another day, another inflated Yankees line. NY's pen, a liability to begin with, is in bad shape heading into this series after Pettitte failed to make it out of the second inning Sunday. This is a huge concern considering 86-year-old Roger Clemens gets the call tomorrow night. Clemens will be counted on to pitch deep in the game, and at this point in his career, he might not be capable, particularly against a very good Minnesota lineup. Tough to pass up the Twins at this price. Even if Clemens pitches well, he's basically a five or six inning pitcher, leaving the game in the hands of the Yanks overused and largely ineffective bullpen. Boof Bonser is a young and very talented pitcher who's more than capable of throwing a good game. If he does get hit, Minnesota should still be in this game in the late innings as a result of the significant bullpen advantage they hold.

Also considering the Nats + if the line moves in Washington's favor.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Royals and Marlins.

Good luck guys.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ditto on the Minnesota/Yankees game.

I also agree with you on KC, although I think the edge in that one is small. The confidence level is high, but the edge itself is small.

GL.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

twinkies baby

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Texas +150

McCarthy has pitched well in five of his last six starts, and he tossed seven scoreless innings in his only career start at Fenwy. Grabbard (or whatever his name is) has had trouble throwing strikes, and he needed nearly 90 pitches to get through three innings last time out. Granted Boston has the lowest bullpen ERA in the AL, but Texas is tied for third, so this price is right.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Texas +150

McCarthy has pitched well in five of his last six starts, and he tossed seven scoreless innings in his only career start at Fenwy. Grabbard (or whatever his name is) has had trouble throwing strikes, and he needed nearly 90 pitches to get through three innings last time out. Granted Boston has the lowest bullpen ERA in the AL, but Texas is tied for third, so this price is right.
    I don't know what to think about Grabbard will do tonight LT, because I'm not sure how umpire Scott Barry will call this game. In Grabbard last outing against Seattle the umpires were squeezing him really bad to the point it was extremely noticeable to the Seattle broadcasters.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm really starting to think the Yankees are the play tonight, even on the ML. The public is slightly (and oddly) on the Twins, the line would have been -220 or more two weeks ago, and even though the Twins and Yankees have had similar records the last couple seasons, Minny has only won 2 of 15 games at the Stadium.

Really like the Royals, Nats, and Jays though. I'd lean to Pitt, Colorado, and Florida, but am not playing any of them.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Marlins.

Good luck guys.
    I'm on that one as well.

boldin
    boldin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Made a small play on the Dodgers moneyline.