Knamelis
    Knamelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8283

Help me understand..

I'm not the brightest MLB betting mind but I like to think I have a basic understanding; with that said:

Scherzer had a no-no thru 7 with 10 SO and was winning 1-0 going into the top of 8th. The live total was 2.5 -130 to the over. Somehow the Marlins were able to push across 2. Is it me, or does that line or juice seem odd given the game up to that point and who was pitching? Full disclosure, I didn't see 1 pitch of the game.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I don't know about odds much but Nationals are highest scoring team in the majors. Two more at bats to score two runs isn't too unlikely. More than that though, you're not just betting on that, you're betting on a single run from Marlins. If they tie it up, the over hits. -130 seems like the right line...

Knamelis
    Knamelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8283

Good point with needing just the one run for the tie. Didnt cross my mind considering they barely made contact all game

crackerjack

Quote Originally Posted by Knamelis View Post
    Good point with needing just the one run for the tie. Didnt cross my mind considering they barely made contact all game
    Stanton, Ozuna and Bour are all capable of hitting a HR at any time. Gordon can get on and steal two bases. I see what you mean though...1-0 was certainly a possible outcome.

crackerjack

What were the odds on Marlins to win?

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Nope.