ticklemepink1991
    ticklemepink1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 820

Question about book changing bet

I placed a bet on KC +150 tonight with Vargas and Dallas on the mound.

I just looked and it says now -110 cuz of a pitching change. Can the book change your bet over? Sorry i always thought whatever the line was you got, never had an issue like this come up before so I never knew what the actual solution is.

Also, my bet wasn't for only if they pitch, it was just for the game with whatever starter. Is this what normally happens on a pitching change?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

It shouldn't happen but it has for me as well. It should be at +150 if the bet was for action and no listed pitchers

Ive got a question as well. Is it commonplace for totals or over unders to get cancelled if a pitcher gets scratched? What about 1st inning bets?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    It shouldn't happen but it has for me as well. It should be at +150 if the bet was for action and no listed pitchers

Ive got a question as well. Is it commonplace for totals or over unders to get cancelled if a pitcher gets scratched? What about 1st inning bets?
    All totals, runlines, 1st inning all cancelled if a pitcher gets changed. No clue on action why your price would change on ML...that isn;t right

ticklemepink1991

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

Baseball is pretty much new to me so that's why I'm asking. I always just pick game action. Apparently the customer service agent said if I would have selected the specific pitchers and one gets changed, then the bet gets cancelled. Such a newbie with baseball lmao

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    All totals, runlines, 1st inning all cancelled if a pitcher gets changed. No clue on action why your price would change on ML...that isn;t right
    Isn't that what Action means, that you want the bet still at the new line with new pitchers if there is a change?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I bet kuchel -170 . my book called it off but sbr changed the bet. I always thought if starters were changed than it was no bet. Sorry you are on the other end of this.

ticklemepink1991

so you're saying my bet at +150 should have stayed?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Thanks funny

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

On moneyline wagers "Action" the bet stands as placed

If there is a pitcher who gets scratched before the first pitch is thrown....ALL RL, TOTALS, 1st INNING bets are VOID

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

you guys are fukkin clueless

ACTION means, you have ACTION on the new line if a pitcher gets changed

you do NOT have action on your current line

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

If there is a pitcher who gets scratched before the first pitch is thrown....ALL RL, TOTALS, 1st INNING bets are VOID
    wrong

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Isn't that what Action means, that you want the bet still at the new line with new pitchers if there is a change?
    "Action" only matters for ML wagers

There isn't even an option to place a bet on "Action" for RL or Totals...

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Action with the new pitchers...Yes, bet still stands....Can't cancel a ML wager on Action

Optional

That's not right Funny.

It means you want the bet to stand if pitchers change, at the adjusted line

"If you take “action”, all moneyline wagers will be valid. That means that even if there is a pitching change, you would be locked into your original bet with a revised moneyline based on the new pitchers." link

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That's not right Funny.

It means you want the bet to stand if pitchers change, at the adjusted line

"If you take “action”, all moneyline wagers will be valid. That means that even if there is a pitching change, you would be locked into your original bet with a revised moneyline based on the new pitchers." link
    Everything else I said was accurate....except the revised PRICE...My bad....BET still stands...just the payout is different...Answering Shady's question on the totals and 1st innings bets there are no adjustments

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ticklemepink1991 View Post
    so you're saying my bet at +150 should have stayed?
    No that why ya never bet action always listed cause you at the books mercy far as line of there a pitching change. No book gonna let you have same line after a pitching change.

ticklemepink1991

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    No that why ya never bet action always listed cause you at the books mercy far as line of there a pitching change. No book gonna let you have same line after a pitching change.
    Alright thanks for clarifying without jumping off the handle. Never had this happen and as I said I'm new betting baseball, normally just hockey and CBB

Thanks dude

ticklemepink1991

Play ended up hitting so I'm glad for that, I'll have to bet listed pitchers in the future to prevent myself from getting screwed lol

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

So if you bet action at 150, there is a pitching change, and the line opens up at 100, and closes at -120

You would have a bet at -120?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    So if you bet action at 150, there is a pitching change, and the line opens up at 100, and closes at -120

You would have a bet at -120?
    When a pitcher change is announced they take the game off the board then relist it with new odds based on the new pitchers. You get that new opening price.