RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

MLB Saturday...

Hope you all have a great Memorial weekend and for those of you that served, thank you so much for your service and sacrifice.

L.A Dodgers (McCarthy) -115

Dodgers will handle Lackey quite easily. He's toward the end of his career and velocity has slipped considerably and his breaking stuff has flattened out. McCarthy should be able to get 6 innings and let the bullpen take over, and by the time that happens it should be a comfortable lead. This is a great price of the Dodgers today.

Good luck if you follow along.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Ranger how are you? Why is the price so low?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I took Dodgers too

Ranger welcome back

I know marriage is a bitch..get the fuk out of it

Single is in and not looking

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Ranger how are you? Why is the price so low?
    LB, I'm good man. Been really busy getting set for golf tournaments.

The price is low because the books feel this is a battle of two veteran pitchers that will come down to the bullpens late in the game. i feel that they're wrong. I think Lackey is toast. McCarthy still has good stuff because he never relied on over powering hitters like Lackey early on in his career. Blue Crew gets it done tonight. Dodgers have the better bullpen even if it does come down to it late.

Have a great weekend, stay safe.
    Last edited by RangeFinder; 05-27-17 at 08:25 AM.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave RangeFinder 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Respectfully disagree, I am on Cubs +107. Lackey still striking out better than one batter per inning at 9.46 per 9 and his xFIP of 3.82 is a full run lower than his ERA. His issue has been the home run ball allowing 2.06 per game but remember Dodger Stadium becomes more of a pitchers' park at night.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I took Dodgers too

Ranger welcome back

I know marriage is a bitch..get the fuk out of it

Single is in and not looking

Thanks JJ. Took a little breather to get ready for some tournaments. LADS should be fine tonight.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Respectfully disagree, I am on Cubs +107. Lackey still striking out better than one batter per inning at 9.46 per 9 and his xFIP of 3.82 is a full run lower than his ERA. His issue has been the home run ball allowing 2.06 per game but remember Dodger Stadium becomes more of a pitchers' park at night.
    I think those numbers are somewhat skewed. Lackey totally relies on location of his pitches now which is not his game at all. He does okay against teams that can't hit. With a team like Dodgers, young quick bats for the most part, he's going to get hit. Not a good spot for him at all. His pitches are just too flat and his fastball is maybe average anymore. Not saying he can't win, but I think he has about a 40% chance of getting a win tonight. he's going to need a lot of help with his defense behind him.

Good luck though, anything can happen in one event.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

I total agree. Lackey has lost 3 to 4 miles an on is fastball.

kkwins84
    kkwins84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 907

Sorry LT strongly disagree too...lackey and McCarthy isn't even in the same planet in my opinion

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Ranger is a great capper.

Good call ranger. The cheque is in the mail.

RangeFinder

Thanks LB. Tomorrow is another day. Our work is never done.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Hope you all have a great Memorial weekend and for those of you that served, thank you so much for your service and sacrifice.

L.A Dodgers (McCarthy) -115

Dodgers will handle Lackey quite easily. He's toward the end of his career and velocity has slipped considerably and his breaking stuff has flattened out. McCarthy should be able to get 6 innings and let the bullpen take over, and by the time that happens it should be a comfortable lead. This is a great price of the Dodgers today.

Good luck if you follow along.
    Great call. I can't complain too much about my Cubs loss, still finished 6-2.