Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Devon Travis is the Worst Player in MLB

It drives me nuts that the Blue Jays keep running this loser out there. He is SLOW, plays a below average second base, can't hit for shit and is made of glass.

He generally keeps Ryan Goins, a ridiculously talented fielder (can play SS, 2 and 3 and all as a ++++ talent), is quick, is cerebral and doesn't make mistakes on the base paths and he is twice as fast as Travis.

Hell, Darwin Barney is three times the player Travis is.

The Jays have no clue how to run an organization. It makes me sad.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 74

Guy came through for me a few times last year. This year he is worthless.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Check out Gorky Hernandez on the Giants; the guy has to be the worst hitter in the majors.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Danny Espinosa says what about me?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Never heard of him.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

You're an idiot, Donuts.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Ronald. A guy named Ronald just called me an idiot. Laughable.

Oh wait, you mean because he exploded today for two doubles and made two really nice plays in the field?

He must have read my post and woken the F up. Still, he is terrible and I would gladly replace him with almost any middle infielder trash from waivers from any other team.

You want to call me an idiot, and have me give you a respectful answer, back your statement up and I will respond.

Fukkin trolls.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14967

Ronald must be Dalton Pompey's roster guzzler.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

.282 Career hitter over 745 ABs, far from the worst in the league giey

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He's not very good but Goins is basically a career backup

Travis a much better career hitter so far and Goins I guess a better fielder....both below average overall

Gotta be someone in the minors that couldn't do worse than either

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    .282 Career hitter over 745 ABs, far from the worst in the league giey
    He had one good run, admittedly, but half of last year and what I have seen this year tells me all I need to know. Negative speed, below average fielder, makes dumb moves on the base paths....his confidence is shot.

At at least with Goins you know exactly what you will get. A guy that will play 162 games a year, give you spectacular D, will hit in the 9th spot and hit .250 with 10 HRs, 55-60 RBI and play the game RIGHT.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

ill see your devin travis and raise you Todd Frazier or John Jaso

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    ill see your devin travis and raise you Todd Frazier or John Jaso
    No lie the move from Cinci to Chi has not been nice to him he cant do shyt right he cant hit what is his avg 180 he cant field wow sad

ronald

He's hitting .327 in May.

Yup, he sucks.

Donut, go have another donut and trim those grey pubes of yours.

Chevre.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    He's hitting .327 in May.

Yup, he sucks.

Donut, go have another donut and trim those grey pubes of yours.

Chevre.
    Yes, the three games after I posted this he had multiple hit games....for the first time ever.

Don't look for it to continue.

He is a complete bum.

ronald

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Yes, the three games after I posted this he had multiple hit games....for the first time ever.

Don't look for it to continue.

He is a complete bum.
    How much time have you spent watching him in the cage and doing fielding exercises in BP?

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

How much time have you spent watching him in the cage and doing fielding exercises in BP?
    Are you related to this guy or something? There's a lot of hyperbole in this thread but I have no idea why you are so passionate about this topic.

ronald

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    Are you related to this guy or something? There's a lot of hyperbole in this thread but I have no idea why you are so passionate about this topic.
    I enjoy exposing clueless posters and wormish charlatans, but unfortunately there's only so much time in the day and I only have so much motivation to post.

Other fan boys like Donuts have been exposed in my long posting history in Forumville. Do a search.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave ronald 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33754

It drives me nuts that the Blue Jays keep running this loser out there. He is SLOW, plays a below average second base, can't hit for shit and is made of glass.

He generally keeps Ryan Goins, a ridiculously talented fielder (can play SS, 2 and 3 and all as a ++++ talent), is quick, is cerebral and doesn't make mistakes on the base paths and he is twice as fast as Travis.

Hell, Darwin Barney is three times the player Travis is.

The Jays have no clue how to run an organization. It makes me sad.
    You know he was a .301 hitter coming into this season.

He had a shitty April, cut the guy a break.

You made me do some homework, I checked out all the 2B individual defensive metrics for all the regulars, Travis could not be more middle of the pack, medicore second baseman in the majors.

Defensivly he's right in between Dee Gordon and Neil Walker, not crap, not great, just right there in the middle.
    Combining all the metrics, there are 25 regular second basemen, he's 12th.
    Average turning the DP, little better than average range, average ZR (zone rating)
    Defensive WAR - Right smack dab in the middle.

Like I said, he had a shitty April, look at the May

Date Tm G GS AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO HBP SH SF ROE GDP SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS
    DEVON TRAVIS
    May 1 to May 17, 2017 TOR 15 14 52 9 17 12 0 0 6 1 0 10 1 1 1 1 0 2 1 0.327 0.345 0.558 0.903

ronald

Travis continues to dominate this month.

Tell us more, Wise Man Donuts!

Canadians are so dumb....eh?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Check out Gorky Hernandez on the Giants; the guy has to be the worst hitter in the majors.
    My friend is a Giants fan and he's always complaining about Gorky...

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Weird thread. Yeah another bomb today and a .990 OPS in May. "worst player in mlb" probably doesn't have a career OPS of .785 and a WAR approaching 3 last year.

Guy is making a measly 500K last year and in 2017. What exactly did the "Jays brass do wrong" here? Granted Gibbons is the worst mgr in baseball but you can't fault the team for tossing Travis out there. It's not like they signed him to a 50 mil contract.

Gorkys Hernandez mentioned in this thread is a good comparison. Makes roughly the same salary and is deplorable.

Travis is a nice little player.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Admittedly, since I posted this thread he has been on complete and utter fire. Prior to this thread he was hitting .170 for the season.

The comment about tha Jays Brass is what they did with Encarnacion. Both sides got into a pissing match and it was all about Bautista. Jays didn't want him and Encarnacion wanted to sign as a pair. The Jays get their back up and Encarnacion signs with the Tribe for the same as the Jays originally offered.

Then thy got left with no real choice in bringing Bautista back.....and although he has been better lately and his arm has been amazing from right field, he doesn't belong on this roster.

Travis is unbelievably frustrating and his defensive lapses won't show up in his numbers. He will inevitably go cold again and disappoint. I can assure you, he doesn't pass the eye test with me and he is destined to be a journeyman at best.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

D2D's wife was obviously banging Devon Travis on the side at one point in time and when donuts found out about it instead of leaving her the little courage he could muster up led to this thread being created.

ronald

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    D2D's wife was obviously banging Devon Travis on the side at one point in time and when donuts found out about it instead of leaving her the little courage he could muster up led to this thread being created.
    Devon only bangs white girls, so this could be true.

However, he also only bangs 9s and 10s, which disqualifies DONUTS wife from contention.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Devon only bangs white girls, so this could be true.

However, he also only bangs 9s and 10s, which disqualifies DONUTS wife from contention.
    Says you, a guy who only knows how to rate knobs and nutsacks

Marquee
    Marquee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 966

goins would hit .250 with 50-60 rbis over 160 games?

aha if that were true he'd be on another team right now. dude cant hit a lick i doubt hes even hit .250 over any season in the majors. Sure hes a great fielder but at this point im taking travis/barney over him anyday.

travis at his worst brings more to this team than goins.

Marquee

Admittedly, since I posted this thread he has been on complete and utter fire. Prior to this thread he was hitting .170 for the season.

The comment about tha Jays Brass is what they did with Encarnacion. Both sides got into a pissing match and it was all about Bautista. Jays didn't want him and Encarnacion wanted to sign as a pair. The Jays get their back up and Encarnacion signs with the Tribe for the same as the Jays originally offered.

Then thy got left with no real choice in bringing Bautista back.....and although he has been better lately and his arm has been amazing from right field, he doesn't belong on this roster.

Travis is unbelievably frustrating and his defensive lapses won't show up in his numbers. He will inevitably go cold again and disappoint. I can assure you, he doesn't pass the eye test with me and he is destined to be a journeyman at best.
    you sure you havent mistaken goins for travis? travis april #'s fall in line with goins career numbers.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

"Worst player in MLB" Who comes up with these nonsense threads? haha

My guess is this thread was made after he struck out with the bases loaded or grounded into a DP that hurt this posters wager.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Actually the post was written when he was hitting .170, playing terrible defence, not understanding how to run the bases and not having a basic understanding of where to throw the ball on any play in the infield.

Yes, the guy has been hotter than hell since the minute this was posted...his agent should send me a cheque, but that doesn't change the fact that he SUCKS. I forgive you if you don't have to watch him every day and you are only looking at the numbers.

tatddy

tatddy

Marquee

Actually the post was written when he was hitting .170, playing terrible defence, not understanding how to run the bases and not having a basic understanding of where to throw the ball on any play in the infield.

Yes, the guy has been hotter than hell since the minute this was posted...his agent should send me a cheque, but that doesn't change the fact that he SUCKS. I forgive you if you don't have to watch him every day and you are only looking at the numbers.
    other jay fans would rather live with travis's flaws than goins getting every day ab's.

ronald

GRAND SLAM HR for TRAVIS tonight!

Donuts is a bigger MUSH than BROCK LANDERS.

Typical limp noodle Canadian.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

GRAND SLAM HR for TRAVIS tonight!

Donuts is a bigger MUSH than BROCK LANDERS.

Typical limp noodle Canadian.
    you take dikk in your ass, i wouldn't feel so good about yourself

12 Last