the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Not even close. Terrible thread

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Dollars check in.

How does Devon Travis' rooster taste now that he's pulled it out of your asshole and stuck it in your mouth?

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

I respect D2D as a top capper but i can say this thread was made from an emotional stand pt he was frustrated it clearly wasnt true

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

So according to amatuer wanna be scout op his bad April was legit and his great may a total fluke? Even tho his poor start to season was not indicative of his career? Can't make this shit up. Great thread 🙄

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13678

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    I respect D2D as a top capper but i can say this thread was made from an emotional stand pt he was frustrated it clearly wasnt true
    had to be

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14967

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Travis been on fire

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Donuts EXPOSED as a SQUARE yet again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Puig probably one f worst players in the game

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I love how anyone with issues wants to keep dragging this thread up. Lol.

Listen, the guy has been on an absolute tear since I wrote this. If you want to go back to the time/day I wrote this, he was hitting .170. 5 minutes after I wrote this he scalded his first of two doubles that day. Followed it up with two hits in each of his next two games and then the power started to come on. Since then he has had as good a two week period as any hitter the last decade. Admittedly it has been imporsssice AND as a Blue Jays fan, I could not be happier.

As Jay pointed out with the article above, he had an atrocious start.

Let me me explain why I wrote this:

I am a basball guy. I played my whole life and would have usually been classified as having been one of the least talented players to play at the level that I made it to. I had many coaches tell me that I was only there because they felt like they could not cut me. I stirred things up. I knew how to run the base paths even though I wasn't fast. I always knew where my cutoff man was, always knew what the count was and always knew what base to throw it to. I spent more time than anyone else in the cage. I spent more time in the pit learning new slides. I spent more time reading about the history of baseball, the traits of the best players, etc.

I love baseball.

And I hate the player that Devon Travis is. He doesn't 'get it', he doesn't know how the play is developing, he puts himself in bad situations on the base paths. He IRKS the shite out of me. He is slower than people think, his range stinks (even though somehow the metrics don't seem to tell the whole story). He has the talent to be way better than he has been in his career and I bet it will never come to fruition. This two week period will be something that Devon never forgets. Something he will tell his grandkids about.

I have watched Devon as much as anyone out there....so this isn't some emotional reaction. Is the guy hitting the cover off of the ball? Hell yes. I hope it keeps up...but I bet it doesn't.

So, for those of you that want to single anything I have said in this thread....I welcome the debate. This is nothing more than funny timing and not much else.

D2D
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Dollars2Donuts 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

paco

Donuts, this guy fuvked me today lol. Reds stranded so many guys

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Donuts, this guy fuvked me today lol. Reds stranded so many guys
    4 runs on 7 hits and 4 walks isn't exactly so many guys. Pretty standard. Ugly tease to have runner on 3rd 1 out in 9th.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    4 runs on 7 hits and 4 walks isn't exactly so many guys. Pretty standard. Ugly tease to have runner on 3rd 1 out in 9th.
    Seemed a lot of 2nd and 3rd's everytime I checked.

ronald

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post

Listen, the guy has been on an absolute tear since I wrote this. If you want to go back to the time/day I wrote this, he was hitting .170. 5 minutes after I wrote this he scalded his first of two doubles that day. Followed it up with two hits in each of his next two games and then the power started to come on. Since then he has had as good a two week period as any hitter the last decade. Admittedly it has been imporsssice AND as a Blue Jays fan, I could not be happier.

I am a basball guy. I played my whole life and would have usually been classified as having been one of the least talented players to play at the level that I made it to. I had many coaches tell me that I was only there because they felt like they could not cut me. I stirred things up. I knew how to run the base paths even though I wasn't fast. I always knew where my cutoff man was, always knew what the count was and always knew what base to throw it to. I spent more time than anyone else in the cage. I spent more time in the pit learning new slides. I spent more time reading about the history of baseball, the traits of the best players, etc.

I love baseball.

And I hate the player that Devon Travis is. He doesn't 'get it', he doesn't know how the play is developing, he puts himself in bad situations on the base paths. He IRKS the shite out of me. He is slower than people think, his range stinks (even though somehow the metrics don't seem to tell the whole story). He has the talent to be way better than he has been in his career and I bet it will never come to fruition. This two week period will be something that Devon never forgets. Something he will tell his grandkids about.

I have watched Devon as much as anyone out there....so this isn't some emotional reaction. Is the guy hitting the cover off of the ball? Hell yes. I hope it keeps up...but I bet it doesn't.

So, for those of you that want to single anything I have said in this thread....I welcome the debate. This is nothing more than funny timing and not much else.

D2D
    Not more than me. Not even close.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    Not more than me. Not even close.
    You want a prize you fukkin' Drew Carey wannabe? If you go pre-game and stand with the kids for autographs, or stalk the Jays at their local nighttime haunts, then you deserve it. Or maybe you are handicapped and can't do anything, but your mommy brings you to all of the games? Or maybe you just need to watch Joey wield his bat and wish he would slide it where your sun don't shine?

idiot

[IMG][/IMG]

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Seemed a lot of 2nd and 3rd's everytime I checked.
    Tatters is going to call us out every time. I got the same treatment this afternoon when I was upset that a double play got turned on me.

Keeps us in line.

paco

Tatters is going to call us out every time. I got the same treatment this afternoon when I was upset that a double play got turned on me.

Keeps us in line.
    it's cause I call him out on his line outs outburst lol

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

it's cause I call him out on his line outs outburst lol
    Rinse and Fukkin' repeat.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Check out Gorky Hernandez on the Giants; the guy has to be the worst hitter in the majors.
    Can't be worse than the catcher for the Mariners with the silly name, who has a .060 batting average, and something like a .100 OBP.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Donuts, could you make a thread titled JayVegas is the worst capper in May at SBR.

Thanks in advance.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Donuts, could you make a thread titled JayVegas is the worst capper in May at SBR.

Thanks in advance.
    Post of the day.

Pretty sure I have made that post about t-weasel and a few other guys.

They have never improved. Sorry buddy.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Admittedly, since I posted this thread he has been on complete and utter fire. Prior to this thread he was hitting .170 for the season.

The comment about tha Jays Brass is what they did with Encarnacion. Both sides got into a pissing match and it was all about Bautista. Jays didn't want him and Encarnacion wanted to sign as a pair. The Jays get their back up and Encarnacion signs with the Tribe for the same as the Jays originally offered.

Then thy got left with no real choice in bringing Bautista back.....and although he has been better lately and his arm has been amazing from right field, he doesn't belong on this roster.

Travis is unbelievably frustrating and his defensive lapses won't show up in his numbers. He will inevitably go cold again and disappoint. I can assure you, he doesn't pass the eye test with me and he is destined to be a journeyman at best.
    jays brass doing handstands every day now because they got rid of edwin. been a total stiff with cleveland. can't run (never hit doubles ever in his career) only dh's. francona's tears are on the lineup card every day he has to pencil edwins name in. horrible free agent signing.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

I love baseball.

D2D
    I have too and I completely disagree with your assessment. On a 162 game basis guess who has the most WAR after Robbie freaking Alomar for a jays 2nd basemen. When Travis is healthy he has been a solid MLB starter. Sure, defensively he had his short comings, but his offensive output should be able to mask that. So Devon certainly isn't a loser and if you watched Jays closely Travis has been terribly unlucky in the early season at the plate. He may regress from the current torrid pace he is on, but he will certainly be a good 2nd basemen for the jays this season baring any injuries.

ronald

You want a prize you fukkin' Drew Carey wannabe? If you go pre-game and stand with the kids for autographs, or stalk the Jays at their local nighttime haunts, then you deserve it. Or maybe you are handicapped and can't do anything, but your mommy brings you to all of the games? Or maybe you just need to watch Joey wield his bat and wish he would slide it where your sun don't shine?

idiot

[IMG][/IMG]
    You've gone off the rails.

Who's Joey?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Bend over.
    Well show you!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

First 12