Rainman328
    Rainman328's Avatar Become A Pro!

Team win total over/unders

anyone know when they come out each year? Anyone bold enough to give their early leans even before the lines come out??

I know vegas is going to underrate the white sox just like they did last year. Sox had as bad a season as they could've imagined, and still covered 78.5 games. lolzzz

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman328 View Post
    anyone know when they come out each year? Anyone bold enough to give their early leans even before the lines come out?? I know vegas is going to underrate the white sox just like they did last year. Sox had as bad a season as they could've imagined, and still covered 78.5 games. lolzzz
    I think they come out in a week or so

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Take under on the Mets. They're gonna suck.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Over on the Nats

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

agree with dane... i'm anxious to see the o/u for the nats.

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Out at Olympic. Anyone know of other books posting lines on these already?

dcb11
    dcb11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just got off live chat with Mia from BM and she said they will start offering Baseball odds starting March 2,2010. Dam a few more weeks til baseball season begins

rob11234
    rob11234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yanks are taking back the season wins record from the Mariners this year.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2081

white sox over 82.5, nats under 70.5, phils over 92.5

Rainman328

why nationals under? just curious. i'm not touching that line. i think they have a chance at improving this year. i mean, teams can't stay this bad for as long as they have, can they?

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Agreed

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2081

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman328 View Post
    why nationals under? just curious. i'm not touching that line. i think they have a chance at improving this year. i mean, teams can't stay this bad for as long as they have, can they?

The Nats added some players but are any of them anything special? Wang will miss some time to start the year, he'll be coming off a major injury, and he's not that great anyway. He's slightly above average when healthy and on his game. He won a lot of games but that was more because of the offense he had in new york. His numbers don't warrant the wins he got.
    Good luck getting that support in washington. Marquis is coming off his best year since 2004 and he still couldn't manage a sub 4 era in the national league in an incredibly weak offensive division. Another average at best pitcher. Capps is the new closer and he's coming off a pathetic 5.80 era, 1.66 whip, and .324 baa last year. They better hope he rebounds. These guys arent going to be much of an improvement over what J Zimmerman, Martin, and Macdougal gave them last year.They just signed Livan Hernandez and he's likely to be the 5th starter. Good. Livan keeps posting 5+ era's and somehow he keeps getting a job just because he eats innings. Mock and Olsen also in that rotation, a few more below average to bad pitchers. When the ace of your staff is John Lannan who posted a career best line of 9 wins, 3.88 era, and 1.35 whip in the NL, you're in trouble. He's not a terrible pitcher but he certainly isn't anywhere close to an ace, Strasburg will start in the minors and who knows when he will be called up. Who know how he'll throw either. We've seen even the best of arms get called up and get rocked time and time again. I like guys like Zimmerman, Morgan, and Dunn, but guys like Desmond, Dukes, Guzman, and Pudge won't offer much offensively. This team just doesn't have a lot going for them for the 2010 season. Their division is much better all around with Halladay on the Phils, a likely bounceback from Hamels, and a possible bounceback from Lidge. The Mets were the most injured team I saw in a long time last year. With Santana, Reyes, Beltran (in a month), Maine, and many others back healthy and the addition of Jason Bay they will be much better. Braves lost Vazquez but they also get Hudson and Hanson for a full year. The Marlins look about the same except I think Nolasco becomes an ace. The NL East will be throwing Halladay, Hamels. Happ, Johnson, Nolasco, Jurrjens, Hanson, Hudson, Lowe, Santana, and others at the Nats all year while the Nats counter with Lannan and Marquis. Not good for the Nats. They only won 59 games last year and that was including a 7 game win streak to end the year. At 70.5 thats a 12 game improvement from last year when I don't see them as much better but the teams around them are.
    Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 02-26-10 at 01:18 PM.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

I think I like the over for WAS, there starting to stockpile young talent that should deliver tremendous energy and be the future core of this team, plus the vets they signed this offseason should compliment and supplement the develop of this young team.

Morrisbettor
    Morrisbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Does anyone else love the Rangers over 84.5? They will contend for the division, just need to finish a few games over .500.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Why is everyone saying this?

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
    Not a lot of pitching. Beltran already hurt, Francouer sucks, Castillo sucks, Murphy didn't hit last year, will Wright bounce back and don't exactly trust Reyes' hamstring.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Pretty sure the Jays are a safe bet on the under. Unless the o/u is a really low number.

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

The books typically don't hand out free money, especially on a team like this. I was as shocked as anyone when I saw the line but there has to be some reason for this number.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO

Actually think 81 is a perfect number for the Mets. You can make a case for the Mets to either way. They have weaknesses that I listed above but they also have definite potential. If Wright and Reyes play like they did in 2007 or 2008, Francouer figures out how to hit, Maine & Perez pitch like they did in 2007, Pelfrey like he did in the 2nd half of 2008 than they can be pretty good. Lots of ifs though.

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisbettor View Post
    Does anyone else love the Rangers over 84.5? They will contend for the division, just need to finish a few games over .500.
    Are you really counting on Rich Harden to stay healthy

Morrisbettor
    Morrisbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

They won 87 games last year without him.

Rainman328

texas over does look good