4/28/17

21-25-3, RoR +3.37% (vs 11/10 odds 54.2%) Still on life support, but stabilizing.

Cubs, First 5 Innings, Run Line, -.5, +120, Arrieta /Pomeranz
Phillies, First 5 Innings, Money Line, +165, Eickhoff / Maeda

I don’t know if you are aware of what the Cubs are doing to lefty starters, but it ain’t pretty. A 4-1 (5-0 game) record for first 5 innings and an offensive rating of 48.6, second only to the Brewers and a full 11 points higher than the MLB average of 37.6.

If you agree with me that the Phillies line is way too high, don’t go criticizing the books for stupid or ignorant lines. They know their customers and their customers not only took a bite of the high opening line, they pushed it up even higher. As I type this the game line on the Dodgers is as high as -188 and I don’t see how anyone can figure the Dodgers have a better than 63.3% chance of winning. That is insane. The offenses are comparable, no great shakes either way, but Eickhoff with a quality start record of 3-1, is quite clearly superior to Maeda at 0-4. The Phillies are 10-4-2 versus right handed starters in the 5 inning game so far and the Dodgers are 6-3-2, but who faces the superior starter today?
BOL