Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blue Jays +138

Blue Jays +138

Jarrod Washburn is 1-6 career against the Blue Jays, with the only win coming in 2002. He’s 0-4 career against them at home. That’s not totally surprising, considering how well the Blue Jays have hit LHP the past couple years. This year, the Jays are 14-8 against LH starters, scoring 5.2 rpg in those games, and they hit 27 points higher against lefties than righties.
    The Mariners also hit LHP better than RHP. But they’ll face a tough righty in Dustin McGowan, fresh off a complete game one-hitter. In fact, six of McGowan’s last seven starts have been quality starts, and he has had more success on the road in recent outings than he did earlier in his career.
    The lineups and bullpens are pretty similar, but McGowan is developing into a legitimate front end starter, and he should continue his success here. The Mariners may be a little full of themselves after sweeping the Red Sox, and I think there is significant value with Toronto here.

Razz

Nationals +161

Chico's been pretty consistent other than a start against the Tigers. His only career start against the Pirates, he went 7 innings, giving up only 4 hits and 2 runs. Neither of these teams is good, but the Nats have been a big money maker on the road. As good as Snell is, the price is right here. Both offenses pretty bad, but Washington has a strong bullpen advantage and a nice pricetag.

Razz

Astros -135

Small price to lay here against a Rockies team in a funk. Sampson continues to make quality start after quality start, and his home numbers (3-1, 2.41/1.04/.230) are excellent. Fogg’s career numbers against the Astros are pathetic (see below), and he’s 1-4 with a 6.37/1.59/.272 career at Minute Maid.

Ausmus 8-24, 2 2B
    Berkman 11-28, 5 2B, 5 HR
    Biggio 8-33, 2B, 2 HR
    Ensberg 5-15, 2 2B
    Lamb 9-22, HR
    Lee 2-8, 2B
    Loretta 4-12, 2 2B
    Palmiero 3-8, 2 2B
    Pence 2-3, 2B
    Scott 2-3, 3B
    We saw today how good the Rockies bullpen is.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I Like your 3 plays, chico was edged out earlier in the month by snell 3-2 final, I like to play the recent loser in close head to head games for the comeback win.
    Last edited by AC1318; 06-28-07 at 11:30 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking your Jays play Razz.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    I Like your 3 plays, chico was edged out earlier in the month by snell 3-2 final, I like to play the recent loser in close head to head games for the comeback win.
    I like that same angle, and never bet into it.

Razz

Rangers/Red Sox Over 6 (1st Five Innings)

I fully expect the Red Sox to get at least this many off Jamey Wright. The guy's a bum, shouldn't be starting in the major leagues, and is going to get lit up by a Red Sox team returning home (where they score 5.6 rpg as opposed to 4.5 on the road) and looking to take out their frustrations after a road sweep. Wright brings a 7.42 ERA and 2.03 WHIP into this one against the likes of Houston, Cincy, and Tampa Bay. How much uglier is it going to get against one of the best offenses in all of baseball?

Wakefield's career numbers against Texas are awful, he's 8-14 with a 5.85 ERA. He's been very poor his last eight starts (3-5, 7.08 ERA) and the Rangers offense has been pretty hot. If the Rangers get two, I love my chances. I wouldn't be surprised if Boston gets double digits in this game. Alas, both bullpens are pretty decent, so I like this better than the full game over.
    Last edited by Razz; 06-29-07 at 12:25 AM.

Razz

Really tough, but I'm going to lay off Tigers -108, Padres -112, and Cardinals +120. I'm sure those will go 3-0.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Baltimore +147

Trachsel 2.65 ERA + 3-0 at home

Esocbar 4.50 ERA on the road

and most of the other numbers favor the Angels but it doesn't matter cause Baltimore will win this game. Angels are playing horrible and just got swept by the Royals in their own house. Baltimore wins.

Razz

Lean to Baltimore as well ... honestly I have a pretty strong lean on basically every game except Oak/NYY and Ari/SF.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Rangers/Red Sox Over 6 (1st Five Innings)

I fully expect the Red Sox to get at least this many off Jamey Wright. The guy's a bum, shouldn't be starting in the major leagues, and is going to get lit up by a Red Sox team returning home (where they score 5.6 rpg as opposed to 4.5 on the road) and looking to take out their frustrations after a road sweep. Wright brings a 7.42 ERA and 2.03 WHIP into this one against the likes of Houston, Cincy, and Tampa Bay. How much uglier is it going to get against one of the best offenses in all of baseball?

Wakefield's career numbers against Texas are awful, he's 8-14 with a 5.85 ERA. He's been very poor his last eight starts (3-5, 7.08 ERA) and the Rangers offense has been pretty hot. If the Rangers get two, I love my chances. I wouldn't be surprised if Boston gets double digits in this game. Alas, both bullpens are pretty decent, so I like this better than the full game over.
    Stupid play.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Nice job Orioles pen i knew i could count on you

dtryanxpress
    dtryanxpress's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought you said Dustin was good?

7 innings left and the game is already over...

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by dtryanxpress View Post
    I thought you said Dustin was good?

7 innings left and the game is already over...
    Yeah, not the best start for him. But, an infield single led to two of the runs ... if he can hold them down, the Jays will score enough to at least have a chance late.