4/3/17
Twins -109 (Santana 23-7) / Duffy (17-9)

There is probably no better way in the world for a top gun to get ignored than to be on a miserable team, in a North Central market, that literally no one respects, and gets no ink or highlight reels on Sprts Center. Such is the fate of Ervin Santana. If you offered the Twins a schedule that allowed them to start Santana, then get rained out four straight days, over and over again, they would jump at the chance. Long story short, the balance of the rotation sucks.

Let me give an example based on my initial power ratings for each Twins starter versus Duffy. Santana 119.6, Santiago 91.1, Gibson 87.3, Hughes 87, Duffey 86.5. Get the drift? The power rating of an MLB team changes every day all season, depending on many factors, but starting pitching is still the greatest factor of all.
I have nothing against Danny Duffy. I am a Royals fan and admire the progress he made last year. If the Royals contend in the Central, as I expect them to do, Duffy will be one of the major reasons, but in this one he is simply overmatched. Santana cruised through ST like he never took a break over the winter, while Duffy struggled a bit and may not yet found his rhythm.

Not that it matters, but Ian Kennedy, based on last year and an excellent ST, should have received the opening day start. I am not so sure Yost did not realize that, but saved Kennedy for an easier matchup Wednesday (they take Tuesday off).

The price is dirt cheap right now and I don’t care to wait on the 5 inning lines because I think the price will jump when the serious money gets involved.

I will probably have another play tomorrow, and will post the recap on today’s play when I post it.
BOL