AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

rogers is key for detroit

I think with millwoods terrible whip and ERA

and rogers opposite is a bad thing for texas, after a night off and rogers came back throwing fire in game 1, I could see detroit pulling away early on and if rogers goes deep into the game then you may not have to worry so much about the pen. What do you think of this game people?

I like too much chalk tonight

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

AC,

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here (especially since I am on Texas +180...LOL).

Yes Rogers was great in his first start, but a pitcher's second start back from injury is always the most likely time he suffers from muscle soreness. Seen it many times where a guy is great in his return, regresses badly his second start, and is then good again as he gets stronger with more work. Besides that, Rogers allowed 27 hits in 17.1 innings in three starts vs. Texas last year.

Yes Millwood has terrible numbers, but his first few starts should be thrown out as he was pitching hurt, ultimately landing on the DL. He is now showing signs of turning things around, as he had 10 strikeouts two starts back and then recorded a Quality Start last time out. Remmeber Millwood has always been solid thoughout his career, so he can't suddenly be THIS bad, can he?

Finally, the Texas bullpen is clearly superior, which is something I love in a big dog.

Good Luck.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    AC,

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here (especially since I am on Texas +180...LOL).

Yes Rogers was great in his first start, but a pitcher's second start back from injury is always the most likely time he suffers from muscle soreness. Seen it many times where a guy is great in his return, regresses badly his second start, and is then good again as he gets stronger with more work. Besides that, Rogers allowed 27 hits in 17.1 innings in three starts vs. Texas last year.

Yes Millwood has terrible numbers, but his first few starts should be thrown out as he was pitching hurt, ultimately landing on the DL. He is now showing signs of turning things around, as he had 10 strikeouts two starts back and then recorded a Quality Start last time out. Remmeber Millwood has always been solid thoughout his career, so he can't suddenly be THIS bad, can he?

Finally, the Texas bullpen is clearly superior, which is something I love in a big dog.

Good Luck.
    I just read this someplace

I am only taking st louis today +167 over mets

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Oh so YOU are the one that actually reads my stuff on front page! LOL

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Oh so YOU are the one that actually reads my stuff on front page! LOL
    I read through eveything, sometimes it helps other times it hinders.

best of luck today

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the high in this game guys.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I like the Detroit RL in this one.

It is very true that when a starter returns from the DL, his second start is often opposite his first start. But in this case, it might be a bit different. Rogers only threw 75 pitches in his first start, which really is a low number. And of course, he now has an extra day of rest, so he's on 5 days instead of 4. I think muscle fatigue will be minimal for him here.

Rogers has always excelled in the beginnings of his seasons, often putting together strings of good starts. I think he should be ok here.

And Millwood, yes he is showing signs of turning a corner, no doubt. But it's a mighty big corner to turn, and I don't think he's all there yet by any means. Detroit is a bad team to right yourself against. He got shellacked by Detroit 3 weeks ago. I'm not convinced he's got his stuff working consistently again, and if he doesn't, he'll get hit hard here, as all sinkerballers do when their stuff isn't working well (see also: Silva, Cook, Westbrook et al) which is why I like the RL much more than the ML for Detroit.

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm also on Texas...

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by LargeMouthBass View Post
    I'm also on Texas...
    DAMN IT!!!!!! Guess my bet is a loser..

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ganch, I have detroit RL myself (as part of a parlay).

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    I think with millwoods terrible whip and ERA

and rogers opposite is a bad thing for texas, after a night off and rogers came back throwing fire in game 1, I could see detroit pulling away early on and if rogers goes deep into the game then you may not have to worry so much about the pen. What do you think of this game people?

I like too much chalk tonight
    guess rogers held up an did his part

another chalk game winner and although it isn't over it is over.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Haven't been watching it.... Once I saw LMB had Tx. I know it was a loser why bother watchin it... I'm hit