1-0, +110% RoR

Cardinals + 100 Weaver (3-5) / Volquez (15-19)
Rockies +105 Anderson (14-5) / Miller (5-15)

The numbers in parentheses are that starters quality start record from 2016, per my own standards and ratings. The MLB system of 6/3 is inaccurate and does not reflect all starts, as it should, because when you step out there and take the ball, you either give your team a chance to win or you do not, and must take responsibility for the effort you gave. That is the core value of quality start, you either gave your team a chance to win or you did not.

I am not going to get into deep analysis for ST as the frequent personnel changes negate that anyway. The only shot I want is a fifty-fifty chance of winning with positive odds (+100 or more). That is why I wager only 10% of a regular season wager on any of these games. ST baseball is for education, entertainment and observation. Don’t take it too seriously.

I also think (and I will get bashed for this) the lineups are irrelevant and there is no point in waiting for them. This early, the veterans are not pushing the pedal to the metal. Guys that know they have an assured roster spot are just pacing themselves to be in top health and athletic form 5 weeks from now. The AA, AAA, and non-roster invitees are giving you a 100% effort daily because they are trying to make the MLB club and their hopes are diminished when they get sent to the minor league camps. Their presence may improve the team, not diminish from it. Don’t go thinking it is like a high school or college player trying to make the next great leap up in class. These guys have already survived the war of attrition in high school, college, and the minor leagues and they are darn well deserving of their shot at “the Show”. One of the worst expressions any ignorant fool can make on a posting forum is “minor league scrubs”. Nothing could be further from the truth.
BOL