irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

The New York Mets should win the World Series.

The Mets have everything you need to be champions. Pitching, hitting and power and speed. With a rotation of Syndergaard, Harvey, DeGrom, Wheeler and Matz, you have the best staff in baseball bar none. Now, if one goes down you have Lugo and Gsellman to step right in. Familia situation up in the Air? Saves guy might be Reid, thats shaky without Familia but hey Im thinking if he gets anything it will be 20 games for his domestic dispute. The only weakness for the Mets is middle relief. However they do have Reid, Smoker and Salas to go with Lugo and Gsellman( who will be spot starters). I for the life of me don't understand why the Mets didn't get top middle relievers in trades. That is their only weakness. The offense is as good as any teams in baseball, now they just have to prove it. After trade rumors all winter I predict Jay Bruce will have a monster year. Now, Cespedes and Granderson gives the Mets a rock solid outfield that can hit. The infield is Duda if healthy (Flores if not) at 1B, Walker 2B, Cabrera SS, and Reyes 3B and catching dArnaud or Rivera. Why the Mets didn't sign Wieters is beyond me? Unless Wieters has injury issues. The Bench is loaded with players who can step right in. TJ Rivera plays 2B,3B or even SS. Flores plays the entire infield except catch. David Wright will pinch hit and platoon at first and third. You got Legares and Conforto ready to step in the outfield. The Bench is awesome! If they don't make the WS then this season is a BUST!!!!!!

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

You might want to edit out the part about team speed and they need to hit much better with RISP this year if they want to make a serious run.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

All starters got hurt last year which is a big big ?

KeyElement
    KeyElement's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

As of today Wheeler is hurting again, already. Maybe "here we go again" is rearing it's ugly head. BOL

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement View Post
    As of today Wheeler is hurting again, already. Maybe "here we go again" is rearing it's ugly head. BOL
    I guess the Mets will have to go with Lugo as the 5th starter, still the best rotation in baseball. You can never have enough pitching!

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    You might want to edit out the part about team speed and they need to hit much better with RISP this year if they want to make a serious run.
    Lets just say they could always use more speed but Reyes will steal 30 and Granderson could steal 20. That's something.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Lets just say they could always use more speed but Reyes will steal 30 and Granderson could steal 20. That's something.
    You're reaching with Granderson.
    His last four full season his highest total was 11 and last year he stole 4.
    He will also be 36 in a month.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

5th or 6th best team in NL

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    5th or 6th best team in NL
    They were the 5th best team last year with the largest number of players on the DL. Matt Harvey went down, Steven Matz went down, Lucas Duda went down and that was 30 HR's gone, Neil Walker went down at a crucial point in the season and Wright is probably done. They lost Legares for good part of the year, reliever Josh Edgin and Cespedes spent time on the DL as well. Still they made a wild card. How many teams can lose their 2nd and 3rd starters and manage to win a wild card spot? If the Giants lost Madison Bumgarner, do you think they would have made the wild card? Absolutely not! If healthy the Mets are definitely the best team in the National League, including the Cubs. You have at least 5 guys in the Mets lineup that are going to hit 20 to 40 homeruns. Cespedes 35, Bruce 30, Duda 25, Walker 20, Granderson 25, Cabrera 15, Reyes 10, catchers 10. You have 2 100 rbi men, Bruce and Cespedes. You have 4-20 game winners, JUST KIDDING! Seriously, I expect the Mets to win 95-100 games this season. If they don't it will be because of injuries or Terry Collins.

irish1
    Update your status

Boy, I know it's only spring training but Harvey of the Mets looked terrible, getting hammered by scrubs.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

I could absolutely see Mets winning it all, but it seems like reality always catches up, somehow or someway.

KillAllGoogles
    Killin googles day and night
    KillAllGoogles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

Mets have an injury curse, sad.