Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

MLB has really been pussified.

This week MLB got rid of the "hazing" of rookies wearing women's clothes because...."those kind of things which in our view were insensitive and potentially offensive to a number of groups."

What groups??? Transvestites???

Now they might give Jeurys Familia a 30 game suspension for something that is being completely expunged off his record. Who are they appeasing by doing that??

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Bluer...MLB has been pussified for years.....dudes go on the disabled list for a fukking hangnail

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Believe it or not most athletes are pussies in like it in the ass

It's always been a misconception that athletes are macho but they're really not behind closed doors well at least 65% are not straight

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Hazing is stupid. Before a game starts, there's that one new guy who has to walk to the bullpen carrying a pink backpack with the other relievers before the game starts. And then there's that one senior pen guy who over does the hazing. If I was a rookie and became better than those senior pen guys, I'd take new contracts elsewhere.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Hazing is stupid. Before a game starts, there's that one new guy who has to walk to the bullpen carrying a pink backpack with the other relievers before the game starts. And then there's that one senior pen guy who over does the hazing. If I was a rookie and became better than those senior pen guys, I'd take new contracts elsewhere.

Of course it's stupid, but who is MLB offending with this?? They're so scared to upset people now and it goes over the top with it's actions.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

It's all over sports.

NHL and NFL only men's leagues.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Believe it or not most athletes are pussies in like it in the ass

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Of course it's stupid, but who is MLB offending with this?? They're so scared to upset people now and it goes over the top with it's actions.
    I'm sure Hazing does have an effect on rookies performance too. Especially during a clutch spot.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    It's all over sports.

NHL and NFL only men's leagues.
    I say only NHL because of Odell Beckham.

Bluehorseshoe

But seriously......Why should Familia get a 30 game suspension???

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I love the game of baseball. I get into the stat's and really love the trades in the off season. However, I have always said Mlb players are so babied it's a joke. Pitchers don't throw complete game shutouts anymore, hell they don't even throw complete games. Back in the day pitchers would throw 8-10 shutouts in a season, now it's 8-10 in a 20 year career and 200 innings is rare. Now you can't even slide into second base to breakup a doubleplay. Talking about stat's this one says it all Cal Ripken's consecutive games streak is 2130, none of the player's in the game today will come close to that. Ryan's 7 No Hitters is eternally safe, along with his 5000 strikeouts. Any record that requires a player to play everyday or pitch every five days will not be broken because they just don't play like that anymore. Will any pitcher ever strikeout 300 or more in a season again? Randy Johnson did it in 2002 striking out 334. so, for 12 years from 2002-2014 no major league pitcher reached 300 strikeouts in a season. Kershaw finally did it in 2015 -301. They baby these players like crazy. Ton's of records will be safe simple because there is no guts no glory like the old players had.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    I love the game of baseball. I get into the stat's and really love the trades in the off season. However, I have always said Mlb players are so babied it's a joke. Pitchers don't throw complete game shutouts anymore, hell they don't even throw complete games. Back in the day pitchers would throw 8-10 shutouts in a season, now it's 8-10 in a 20 year career and 200 innings is rare. Now you can't even slide into second base to breakup a doubleplay. Talking about stat's this one says it all Cal Ripken's consecutive games streak is 2130, none of the player's in the game today will come close to that. Ryan's 7 No Hitters is eternally safe, along with his 5000 strikeouts. Any record that requires a player to play everyday or pitch every five days will not be broken because they just don't play like that anymore. Will any pitcher ever strikeout 300 or more in a season again? Randy Johnson did it in 2002 striking out 334. so, for 12 years from 2002-2014 no major league pitcher reached 300 strikeouts in a season. Kershaw finally did it in 2015 -301. They baby these players like crazy. Ton's of records will be safe simple because there is no guts no glory like the old players had.
    are all of you guys just dumb? its about technology. teams pay astronomical amounts investing in these players and extending their health extends their career making it beneficial to the team and player. that's why pitchers don't throw 150 pitches anymore. nba players take games off in an 82 game season. if it wasn't good for the team's benefit they obviously wouldn't allow it. Players press their body in ways most don't in everyday life. and they understand their value. most of us aren't paid hundreds of millions to do what we do. the teams are protecting their investments, hence the joel embiids and strasburgs.
    If you had a 3 million dollar sports car that was rare and hard to replace, and u were told driving it over 90 constantly is detrimental to maintaining the vehicle long term, would you still do it??? its not that fugging hard to understand....you should see how much the warriors use technology and statistics to extend the health of their players. its good business.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Why was this a part of hazing in the first place. And youre mad its gone?

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    are all of you guys just dumb? its about technology. teams pay astronomical amounts investing in these players and extending their health extends their career making it beneficial to the team and player. that's why pitchers don't throw 150 pitches anymore. nba players take games off in an 82 game season. if it wasn't good for the team's benefit they obviously wouldn't allow it. Players press their body in ways most don't in everyday life. and they understand their value. most of us aren't paid hundreds of millions to do what we do. the teams are protecting their investments, hence the joel embiids and strasburgs.
    If you had a 3 million dollar sports car that was rare and hard to replace, and u were told driving it over 90 constantly is detrimental to maintaining the vehicle long term, would you still do it??? its not that fugging hard to understand....you should see how much the warriors use technology and statistics to extend the health of their players. its good business.
    The object is to win the world series and that's how a franchise increases in worth. Look at the Yankees, Dodgers, Oakland A's Celtics, Lakers, Steelers, Patriots and so on. Do you think these franchises would be worth billions if they never won? Hell NO! They didn't win by babying their players and extending their health. That's the problem with today's owners and managers. You pitch them until their arms fall off but in the meantime you win 2 world series. The Mets are the perfect example with a pitching staff of great starters like DeGrom, Harvey, Matz and Syndergaard. If they don't win at least one world series with that staff than owner and managers are complete failures. Do you want to extent their careers or win world series because when they are free agents down the line you can bet your ass that a franchise like the Dodgers or even worse yankees will have contracts waiting. The Mets might be able to sign one but that will be it. So, pitch em until their arms fall off if that's what it takes to win one maybe two world series. Your not paying them to keep them healthy for another team to come along and snatch them up in free agency. If you were an owner and I was an owner according to you theory, I would win a world series and you would have nothing but healthy players. My franchise went up a billion and yours dropped like a rock with no WS and players gone in free agency. My players are gone in free agency but I got that big fat ring and increased my investment by a billion. Do you know what you get when you win a world series? Mad TV contracts. Do you know what you get by extending the health of your players? Not a damn thing!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Bluer...MLB has been pussified for years.....dudes go on the disabled list for a fukking hangnail
    You're a moron

But you're right this time