eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Kris Bryant with the MVP, BUT......

Kris Bryant won the NL MVP; I agree he had a good season, but can someone tell me one thing he did better than Nolan Arenado?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Murphy should've won of Washington

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Won a WS?

knicksrulez
    knicksrulez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Who is Nolan Arenado? never heard of him till right now

Have you watched any Cubs games at all? I mean, not only the playoffs.. Bryant was due to win this from July

Edit: did a lil search, you expected a player from a team that went 75-87 to win the MVP?

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by knicksrulez View Post
    Who is Nolan Arenado? never heard of him till right now

Have you watched any Cubs games at all? I mean, not only the playoffs.. Bryant was due to win this from July

Edit: did a lil search, you expected a player from a team that went 75-87 to win the MVP?
    mike trout?

knicksrulez
    knicksrulez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    mike trout?
    You got me there, but anyways, this cubs team is solid, gonna be champions next year again, Rizzo for MVP, mark my words

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

108 years and Cubs came in with expectations to win it all. That's not easy. Then he plays multiple positions to provide flexibility in lineups and carries a team with a ton of weight on their shoulders to the promised land. Yea. No way it wasn't going to a cub this year and he was clear choice.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Arenado will get more respect next year. The Rockies are going to be a dark horse team next year with Bud Black coming to manage. Winning will bring attention.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Kris Bryant won the NL MVP; I agree he had a good season, but can someone tell me one thing he did better than Nolan Arenado?
    #1 he doesn't play half of his games at Coors Field.

And even with that, he had a higher OPS and higher OBP (by 23 points). Bryant's road OPS is 150 points higher than Arenado's road OPS.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Murphy had a better season than anyone in the majors. He was the real MVP! Without him the Nationals wouldn't have made the playoffs. Bryce Harper sucked this year. If Bryant was not on the Cubs, they still make the playoff's with a stacked lineup.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Won a WS?
    Has Trout won a WS? He won his second MVP and he also had the best stats in the American league. Trout deserved it without a doubt and so did Murphy. Sportswriters blow!

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Doesn't the MVP exclude the post season?

Either way, guys in Colorado never even come close these days. Arenando hit .294 with 41 HR and 133 RBI and was 5th in the voting. Maybe if the team had a winning record he'd get more consideration, but they really don't like guys who take advantage of Coors

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Murphy had a better season than anyone in the majors. He was the real MVP! Without him the Nationals wouldn't have made the playoffs. Bryce Harper sucked this year. If Bryant was not on the Cubs, they still make the playoff's with a stacked lineup.
    I don't think that's the test for MVP. Many players have won MVP without team even making playoffs.

Murphy was #52 in WAR. Bryant was #1 in NL.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Nolan has Coors on his side but his D is on a next level to every other 3rd baseman in the league he's a freak, guys hit legit singles to him and he'll throw 'em out. Bryant has more power but imo makes mistakes in the field. And I agree with Irish also Murph was the best player in the NL, still think Trout had him overall though.

*Who's better than Nolan in the entire infield let alone 3rd base? Baez is the only one that I can think of that's better.