packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Many teams have never been to the World Series cry me a river there not ready to young to much pressure I do feel in the next 3 years they take one
    I don't feel bad for them,just find out miraculous that after all this time they still cant win it. They hadn't been to a WS since Hitler was running Germany.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

The internet tells me that this girl, Samantha Korb, is Jason Kipnis girlfriend. Is he gay?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The last player to hit a HR in a world series at Wrigley Field... Babe Ruth.

Kipnis is the 3rd player to hit one at Wrigley.
    uhhhh Santana???

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by RGG View Post
    There's just something about CLE teams this year.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    uhhhh Santana???
    I'm sorry, they said the last guy to hit a 3 run homer was Babe Ruth.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

I'm sorry, Meant to say 3 run homer.
    Oh, ok that makes sense... I was like how did he already forget about Carlos bomb

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    The internet tells me that this girl, Samantha Korb, is Jason Kipnis girlfriend. Is he gay?

I'd tap it

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Where are all the cub fukkers....oh yeah....got their dikk in their hand

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Pete rose clowning on the choke artists Cubs saying it's the mets all over again

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Are the Cubs ever going to win it,jesus Christ. Im starting to believe in this curse,they hadn't even been to the WS since World War 2 for f@ck sake.
    Many teams have never been to the World Series cry me a river there not ready to young to much pressure I do feel in the next 3 years they take one
    Yup, this is no tragedy here... Cubs are crazy talented and will have plenty of chances to get back. They're not ready at ALL to win one yet and they never deserved to this year. Theo will straighten them out w/ some solid veteran signings of smart players to lead them... some of these kids just don't know jack about professional hitting yet, they're easy as hell to pitch to, i.e., throw breaking shit. Cubs will be back two or three more times with this core.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Francona does not want to show up miller during a world series game, miller was warmed up to pitch inning before that 3 run home run
    They need to use him like the DBacks used wild thing back when they won the WS,gotta put the boot on the Cubs throat know while you have the opportunity.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Yup, this is no tragedy here... Cubs are crazy talented and will have plenty of chances to get back. They're not ready at ALL to win one yet and they never deserved to this year. Theo will straighten them out w/ some solid veteran signings of smart players to lead them... some of these kids just don't know jack about professional hitting yet, they're easy as hell to pitch to, i.e., throw breaking shit. Cubs will be back two or three more times with this core.
    Yeah its pretty friggin hard to get their numerous times as weve seen,but the Yankees were able to do it with Jeter and them guys so its possible to have a few more bites at the apple before these guys get to old.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Cubs are not going to sign any starting position players. None. They already did that with Zobrist and a ton of money to Heyward. There is no spot. Bryant, Russell, Baez, Contreras, Rizzo, Heyward, Schwarber are going nowhere soon. That's 8. And that doesn't even include Soler and perhaps Almora. Fowler will not be re-signed. They will just have to grow with this group. There is no spot to add any veteran starters there. Exactly what spot do you suggest be changed?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Take your loss d2bets....your team ain't ready

pilebuck13

This guy has nailed it anyone who knows baseball can see it

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Take your loss d2bets....your team ain't ready
    Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. They'll be in the playoffs every season for the foreseeable future. They'll be back either way. It's all good.

packerd_00

Jason Heyward was a bad signing though,I think most Cubs fans will attest.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Are the Cubs ever going to win it,jesus Christ. Im starting to believe in this curse,they hadn't even been to the WS since World War 2 for f@ck sake.
    C- Conteras
    1b- Rizzo
    2b- Baez
    Ss-Addison Russell
    3b- Bryant
    Lf-Swarber
    Cf-Almora jr
    Rf-Soler

All but one are under 25 and Rizzo is only a couple years past. ;It is remarkable how stacked they are:.
    Last edited by mikemca; 10-30-16 at 04:35 AM.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Cubs are not going to sign any starting position players. None. They already did that with Zobrist and a ton of money to Heyward. There is no spot. Bryant, Russell, Baez, Contreras, Rizzo, Heyward, Schwarber are going nowhere soon. That's 8. And that doesn't even include Soler and perhaps Almora. Fowler will not be re-signed. They will just have to grow with this group. There is no spot to add any veteran starters there. Exactly what spot do you suggest be changed?
    I hear what you're saying, but a lot can happen. I never said the core wasn't the core, but there are two things the organization can do: One is just make sure to have great role-players/bench players who can show the kids a thing or two about using smarts instead of just raw skill and who can step in when a kid is slumping. (e.g., the Tribe has great leaders in that clubhouse) And two is just coaching plus plain old experience. Coach these kids up. Teach 'em how to hit all sorts of stuff instead of fastballs. But they will get better with experience anyway. Barring injuries and departures, the Cubs will be competing for a title for the next 5-10 years.

pilebuck13

I wonder if I'll ever see a Mariners World Series in my lifetime I got about 60 years give or take

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    C- Conteras
    1b- Rizzo
    2b- Baez
    Ss-Addison Russell
    3b- Bryant
    Yyy
    Rf-Soler

All but one are under 25 and Rizzo is only a couple years past. ;It is remarkable how stacked they are:.
    Yeah its a pretty loaded lineup no question,the pitching staff is really good aswell,they did it the right way through the draft,I suppose their fans were so use to not getting to a WS,they could be a lot more patient.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Cubs still have an 18% chance to win the World Series.
    I know it hurts u to realize this, but trump has better odds of being president than Cubs to do win World Series

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonae101 View Post
    I know it hurts u to realize this, but trump has better odds of being president than Cubs to do win World Series
    It's roughly equal at this point. But I'm going to try not to look at it that way. lol

matt08
    matt08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

I wonder if I'll ever see a Mariners World Series in my lifetime I got about 60 years give or take
    Don't give up! I thought I never see Cav. Win or Indians win this big one.(hoping) Still remember having hope for Indians in 1997 then and they lost it . I feel better this time with Indians now. Did not like there closer back then. Knew he couldn't handle the pressure of winning the big one.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Cubs have lost a series when up 3-1 (2003 nlcs) so why not win one as well.

At least I hit the over - just not in the way I had hoped!

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Cubs have lost a series when up 3-1 (2003 nlcs) so why not win one as well.

At least I hit the over - just not in the way I had hoped!
    Cub fans don't deserve to see a World Series win the way they ran that poor Bartman out of town.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by matt08 View Post
    Don't give up! I thought I never see Cav. Win or Indians win this big one.(hoping) Still remember having hope for Indians in 1997 then and they lost it . I feel better this time with Indians now. Did not like there closer back then. Knew he couldn't handle the pressure of winning the big one.
    José Ramón Nova FUKKIN Mesa. He should have never been in the game to end game 7. Jose was leaking big time of late but Hargrove put him out there in that 9th inning when he shouldn't have. Oh, well, a title can erase all the pain of not winning one with that stacked team in the mid 90's.

Cubs fans hoping on the next few years should only look to those 90s Indians. How they didn't win a title is still inexplicable but speaks to how hard it is to win. Sure the Cubs should be good moving forward but this Indians team isn't going anywhere either.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Cub fans don't deserve to see a World Series win the way they ran that poor Bartman out of town.
    STOP!!! I don't know a SINGLE person who ever says anything bad about him. Never met a Cubs fan who did. Were you in Chicago or just read the news?? The news made it out to be much much worse then reality

meader99

That's all cub fans I know talked about. Stupid fukks couldn't possibly blame the shortstop who botched the tailor made double play.

Mac4Lyfe

Jason Kipnis grew up down the street from Bartman in their Chicago suburb of Northbrook. They went to the same St. Norbert Catholic School. His sister was the same age as him. Kipnis even shared the same passion as him. Together, they were diehard Chicago Cubs fans.

Kipnis went onto to become the Cleveland Indians’ All-Star second baseman and will be in the starting lineup tonight for Game 1 of the 112th World Series against the Chicago Cubs at Progressive Field.
    The other, well, remains shrouded in mystery.
    In a series that features a litany of compelling story lines, with the two teams having the longest combined drought in World Series history at 174 years, the most captivating drama is Kipnis’.
    He was a Cubs fan, through and through.

His uncle delivered one of Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg’s children.
    He loved Sammy Sosa, Mark Grace, Kerry Wood and the boys.
    He was heartbroken when the Cubs collapsed in the 2003 NLCS against the Florida Marlins, blowing a 3-1 lead.
    He was terrified when police cars spent the next month camped down the street, outside Bartman’s house, trying to assure his safety after all of the death threats, for simply being the poor soul whose hands deflected the foul ball from the glove of left fielder Moises Alou.

“He didn’t deserve that. He’s a nice guy. He didn’t need to be put in that situation.
    “I haven’t seen him since. I don’t think not many people in Chicago have seen him since. There’s some dumb fans that have ruined it for him.”

packerd_00

Theirs a Steve Bartman Twitter,says its him. Im guessing its fake,but who knows.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

Jason Kipnis grew up down the street from Bartman in their Chicago suburb of Northbrook. They went to the same St. Norbert Catholic School. His sister was the same age as him. Kipnis even shared the same passion as him. Together, they were diehard Chicago Cubs fans.

Kipnis went onto to become the Cleveland Indians’ All-Star second baseman and will be in the starting lineup tonight for Game 1 of the 112th World Series against the Chicago Cubs at Progressive Field.
    In a series that features a litany of compelling story lines, with the two teams having the longest combined drought in World Series history at 174 years, the most captivating drama is Kipnis’.

He was heartbroken when the Cubs collapsed in the 2003 NLCS against the Florida Marlins, blowing a 3-1 lead.
    He was terrified when police cars spent the next month camped down the street, outside Bartman’s house, trying to assure his safety after all of the death threats, for simply being the poor soul whose hands deflected the foul ball from the glove of left fielder Moises Alou.

“He didn’t deserve that. He’s a nice guy. He didn’t need to be put in that situation.
    “I haven’t seen him since. I don’t think not many people in Chicago have seen him since. There’s some dumb fans that have ruined it for him.”
    That is spooky lol

meader99

That's odd given that newguy doesn't know a single cub fan that blames him.

First ... 2345