ALCS - Boston vs Texas = Texas

WS - Texas > Chicago in 7.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Only worthy bets in my opinion are:

Mets ML (Wednesday) -108.

Texas win WS +500.

Single Sports Parlay : Cubs win NL +100 & Texas wins AL +220.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Blue jays mets advance Boston and dodgers nationals might give the Dodgers some trouble

Swingman
    Swingman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Nationals definitely worth a hard look at + odds. Game 1 is a toss up between Scherzer and Kershaw. Games 2 and 3 Nationals have an edge with Roark who is the third best pitcher in this series IMO and Gonzalez in game 3 in which no one on the LAD lineup hits over .200 against. Dodgers inability to hit lefties will cost them as Nats have a few good ones coming out of the pen as well. Not convinced on either lineup, I think pitching is the key here. We all know Kershaw (who happens to be my favorite player) doesn't have the best track record in October. GL!

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    Nationals definitely worth a hard look at + odds. Game 1 is a toss up between Scherzer and Kershaw. Games 2 and 3 Nationals have an edge with Roark who is the third best pitcher in this series IMO and Gonzalez in game 3 in which no one on the LAD lineup hits over .200 against. Dodgers inability to hit lefties will cost them as Nats have a few good ones coming out of the pen as well. Not convinced on either lineup, I think pitching is the key here. We all know Kershaw (who happens to be my favorite player) doesn't have the best track record in October. GL!

Wrong team favored in this series

Swingman

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post

Wrong team favored in this series

Agreed.

I think Tre Turner will outhit Seager and I expect a big series from Werth and Murphy.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

The dodgers did beat them 5-1 in the regular season and the nationals will be without Strassburg and Ramos. Losing your starting catcher a few weeks before the postseason is huge as pitchers are accustomed to him calling games. May affect the whole pitching staff.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Agreed.

I think Tre Turner will outhit Seager and I expect a big series from Werth and Murphy.
    so, basically, all the players who play for your team will have a great series while you predict the players in the other team will not. Okay.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Only worthy bets in my opinion are:

Mets ML (Wednesday) -108.

Texas win WS +500.

Single Sports Parlay : Cubs win NL +100 & Texas wins AL +220.
    I agree...going with Mets +1 and Texas to win AL (+450)...put this in a couple months back.

Swingman

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    The dodgers did beat them 5-1 in the regular season and the nationals will be without Strassburg and Ramos. Losing your starting catcher a few weeks before the postseason is huge as pitchers are accustomed to him calling games. May affect the whole pitching staff.
    Gonzalez has pitched to Lobaton many times. He's caught 150 games in 3 seasons with the Nats. I don't think they will be as affected in a pitching aspect as they will in a hitting aspect as Ramos was hitting well this year.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Why not just go with Nats +1 in GM 1...if a push, then bet Nats to win series for even better odds.
    I think Nats win Gm 1, but just in case, Nats +1 is near even $ right now.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Kershaw is biggest playoff flop going but I don't trust the nationals.

Swingman

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    so, basically, all the players who play for your team will have a great series while you predict the players in the other team will not. Okay.

First thing I saw was Kershaw is my favorite player in the league. Where have I stated that anything other than Turner will out hit Seager? Dodgers proved it all season they cannot hit lefties, they are dead last in every category. Instead of making a smart comment, why don't you share your side of the argument as to why you think the Dodgers will be successful?

Swingman

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Why not just go with Nats +1 in GM 1...if a push, then bet Nats to win series for even better odds.
    I think Nats win Gm 1, but just in case, Nats +1 is near even $ right now.

I looked into that, not convinced Kershaw can win the big game yet, especially at Nats park. I haven't make my decision on anything except taking the Nats in the Series and auto betting game 3 with Gonzalez.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I think the Dodgers will win their series.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Boston should take care of Cleveland. They're just too banged up.

Dodgers got the matchup they want. Nats will choke like they always do, and they're too banged up. As much as Kershaw has sucked in playoffs, I can definitely see the Nats breaking that streak. A lot will come down to the health of Murphy and Harper. Nats need both of them to have good series to have a chance.

I like Mets, but hard to bet against Giants at this point. Especially with them riding some momentum into the playoffs.

I like Toronto tonight, I think Stroman shows up in the spotlight like he did last year.

vegaschulo
    vegaschulo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2689

Stroman been getting lit up this season every time i take him he looses i think tillman shows up today...

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Think you guys are underestimating Cleveland. Pitching wins in October and Cleve has a big edge there vs the sox.