AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

brad thompson starting tues st louis???

I see him as the starter but you say wells is taking the mound

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kip Wells gets the start tomorrow AC. They were going to rest him, but they couldn't afford to after they DL'ed a few players today.

AC1318

st louis is out

bigboydan

I heard this info on the Larussa report earlier tonight AC. I just naturally assumed that the books had knowledge of this, but I guess that wasn't the case.

AC1318

thanks BBD

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Another Elarton/Wells rematch.....should be an easy over. It's got to be set at O/U 12.5 if they have a rematch....

bigboydan

Guys, This one just was announced about 2 minutes ago here locally. Brad Thompson will start tonight after all, and Kip Wells will be pushed back to Sunday.

Just remember though that Thompson did pitch on Saturday night. So don't expect him to pitch too long in this game.

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Another Elarton/Wells rematch.....should be an easy over. It's got to be set at O/U 12.5 if they have a rematch....
    I have seen the O/U totals move on this with the pitching change form 10.5 to 11. And the ML on Kip Wells is moving up too. Do these state rivals ever play a low scoring game?

Interesting BigBoyDan...thanks for that last minute info!

dtryanxpress
    dtryanxpress's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over Time?

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

still showing Kip Wells....

bigboydan

I noticed that as well double B. This pitching change was made less than an hour ago, so make sure you bet this game accordingly.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

A point of curiosity. Does anyone know what happens in this scenario!! If a pitcher was listed as the starter on the overnight sheet.....if you played that game with said pitcher listed and than it was switched to another pitcher, all bets with listed pitchers would be cancelled. However, if the pitching matchup is switched back to what it was scheduled as on the overnight, would the original bet than stand? I wouldn't think so, because in most cases the bet will be cancelled as soon as the first change was announced, but some other places don't grade the game until after it is over no matter what. Anyone know?
    Last edited by cobra_king; 06-19-07 at 05:29 PM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Cobra King,

Actually you answered your own question!

If your site canels wagers are soon as change is announced, then you have No Action and must place bet again if you so desire.

If your site does not refund pitching changes until the game is graded, then your play will STAND, since your listed pitchers did indeed throw the first pitch for their teams. I recommend you check your history to see if the play was already refunded or remains pending.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

LT
    Thanks, I know "A" sites like Pinny and Greek cancel things immediately, so there are no issues. Just wondered if there was a general rule of thumb in regards to those sites that are slower to refund pitching changes. I didn't actually play the game in question, it just brought up an interesting scenario for me.