stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Lucroy to Indians?

Source MLB.com

CLEVELAND -- The Indians have been searching for a way to punch the gas with an American League Central title in their sights. Cleveland appears to be on the cusp of doing just that with the addition of standout catcher Jonathan Lucroy.

According to multiple reports on Saturday night, the Indians have reached an agreement with the Brewers to acquire Lucroy, a two-time All-Star, as part of a multi-prospect package. MLB Network's Ken Rosenthal reported that Milwaukee would be receiving four players in exchange for Lucroy, who would still need to waive his no-trade clause to approve the deal. Neither club has confirmed the agreement.

Three prospects reportedly heading to the Brewers are catcher Francisco Mejia -- ranked sixth on MLBPipeline.com's list of the Tribe's Top 30 prospects -- shortstop Yu-Cheng Chang (No. 12) and outfielder Greg Allen (No. 22). Mejia and Chang are with Class A Advanced Lynchburg, while Allen is with Double-A Akron.

The 30-year-old Lucroy would fill what has been an offensive abyss for the Indians this season

stevenash

I bought the Indians last week to win it all at 10:1, Lucroy (if deal goes down) would be a major add, I mean come on, guy calls a game behind the plate as good as the best, has a rifle for an arm, and oh, hits .300 with 50 driven in so far with a mediocre (at best) Brewer line up, put him in the middle of that Indian line up, forget about it.

Their weakness was catcher, (and their catching corp is all banged up) and bullpen.

If Tribe can get a live arm to bolster the bullpen before the trade deadline tomorrow, they can beat anybody out of the NL..

stevenash

Holy shit

10 minutes after I posted the last post, INDIANS TRADE FOR ANDREW MILLER

Lovely, the future bets at 5Dimes and others have been taken down.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

The good thing about getting both players is that neither is a one year rental.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They gave up a shit ton for Miller

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Fuckin tigers better respond. Also lucroy has no chemistry with the pitchers.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Fuckin tigers better respond. Also lucroy has no chemistry with the pitchers.
    Believe it or not, Lucroy would rather stay in Milwaukee insiders are saying.
    I'm also hearing Lucroy only signs off on Cleveland if they pay him beau coup money for 2017 going forward.
    I can see this NOT happening, my buddy (Brandon Wanre) look him up, writes for Fangraphs and Numberfire, as well for the Twins can't get back to me until later, he's too busy right now can give me much more later.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    They gave up a shit ton for Miller
    Cashman is good like that, he got eight kids, two 'can't miss' prospects for Chapman and Miller, and Chapman can walk from the Cubs at year end.

Yanks always like Betances, I mean they let Robertson, Chapman, now Miller go.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Hearing of a deal between braves & Yankees involving McCann

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Lucroy's no-trade list includes the Twins, Angels, Athletics, Padres, Mariners, Nationals, Indians, Tigers.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Hearing of a deal between braves & Yankees involving McCann
    Could only happen if Yankees either pick up most if not all of McCann's contract or if they send Braves lots of cash.