hitbitritz
    hitbitritz's Avatar Become A Pro!

yankees will be in first place by august 15th

guarantee it

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Yanks are still 8.5 back. Don't get too excited.

I do think Giambi going down was a huge positive for NY.

hitbitritz

im not even a yanks fan. i think 2 months - 55 games or so, theyll take over the sox. they've gained almost half the deficit in 2 weeks, and they finally are getting players off the DL. they will sweep the next bosox series.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I grew up an Expos fan (obviously), and have somewhat supported the BoSox due to their proximity. As much as I hate the Yankees what you are saying is absolutely true. They've got so many glaring holes it's absurd, and you can just about bank on outs from their 7-9 hitters....

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by hitbitritz View Post
    they will sweep the next bosox series.
    They don't even play again until late August. Wouldn't it at least be advantageous to see how both team's are playing and look at the pitching matchups before making such a ridiculous statement?

One nice stretch against the terrible ChiSox, mediocre Pirates and light-hitting D'Backs and they're all of a sudden the best team in the league?

A few weeks ago, when the BoSox had a 14.5 game lead, everyone was saying how the the Yanks were done. Now that they're playing better and almost trimmed the deficit in half, everyone is handing them the division. Baseball is a long, long season. Don't get too carried away with one hot streak.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    They don't even play again until late August. Wouldn't it at least be advantageous to see how both team's are playing and look at the pitching matchups before making such a ridiculous statement?

One nice stretch against the terrible ChiSox, mediocre Pirates and light-hitting D'Backs and they're all of a sudden the best team in the league?

A few weeks ago, when the BoSox had a 14.5 game lead, everyone was saying how the the Yanks were done. Now that they're playing better and almost trimmed the deficit in half, everyone is handing them the division. Baseball is a long, long season. Don't get too carried away with one hot streak.
    I'm a Yankee fan and I think this is well said...

Regression to the mean would indicate that the Yanks should fight back in the division race, but to say they will win the division and try to put a timetable on it is ludicrous...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

There not beating Boston to win the AL East this year. There best shot of making the playoffs this year is to win that wild card, and I don't see that happening.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

It's not that I think the Yanks are world beaters, it's just that I really don't think the Red Sox are even one of the top three teams in the league outside of the Yankees. I really think you'll continue to see them plummet....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hard to believe but you might be right, it just seems Yanks will catch Boston.

hitbitritz

boston are chokers. they had one fluke year

rjt721

boston are chokers. they had one fluke year

I suppose the Yanks blowing a 3-0 series lead in the '04 ALCS wouldn't constitute choking?

You make a strong argument though. I like how you back-up your ridiculous statements with facts. Very persuasive. Nice job.

Senator7

You make a strong argument though. I like how you back-up your ridiculous statements with facts. Very persuasive. Nice job.
    Agree 100%.

The people on here are supposed to be sharp, but the discussions I've seen recently are no better than what someone can hear at their local sports bar...

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

what i personally would really love to see is the yankees tear it up and ALMOST make it but just wind up missing all playoff position including wildcard by like half agame
    and also for clemens to be a goat in losing some big games down the stretch

hitbitritz

I suppose the Yanks blowing a 3-0 series lead in the '04 ALCS wouldn't constitute choking?

that was the year you moron...i did say the bosox got lucky 1 year..can't you read? how many divisions have the yanks won in a row???

hey i heard the circus down your street was looking for some clowns, go turn in your resume

hitbitritz

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    Agree 100%.

The people on here are supposed to be sharp, but the discussions I've seen recently are no better than what someone can hear at their local sports bar...
    you're a clown too. you contribute nothing. go in a corner and die

Senator7

you're a clown too. you contribute nothing. go in a corner and die
    Dude...chill out, stop being a drama queen, and get over yourself.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not too worried about the Yankees and their post-season prospects. They have the 2nd best run scoring offense in the league and their run differential is +65 which places them in 4th. A roughly .500 team with that kind of differential tells me they've had some bad luck thus far. In light of their recent success and their past tendency to acquire talent during the season, I strongly suspect they will be playing more than 162 games this year.

hitbitritz

you guys are the ones that took shots at me first. if you look around, a lot of people think the yanks will take over 1st place. and i was right, the bosox did have one fluke year, which so brilliantly pointed out by rjt - he couldn't figure out that one year was the year he was referring to...lol...when people swing, i'm gonna swing back. look at your posts lately, you've contributed nothing..so just back off
    Last edited by hitbitritz; 06-14-07 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling

hitbitritz

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    I'm not too worried about the Yankees and their post-season prospects. They have the 2nd best run scoring offense in the league and their run differential is +65 which places them in 4th. A roughly .500 team with that kind of differential tells me they've had some bad luck thus far. In light of their recent success and their past tendency to acquire talent during the season, I strongly suspect they will be playing more than 162 games this year.
    i agree

Senator7

you guys are the ones that took shots at me first. if you look around, a lot of people think the yanks will take over 1st place. and i was right, the bosox did have one fluke year, which so brilliantly pointed out by rjt - he couldn't figure out that one year was the year he was referring to...lol...when people swing, i'm gonna swing back. look at your posts lately, you've contributed nothing..so just back off
    I've contributed nothing? Do you even read my posts on this forum?

I didn't take a swing at you, I simply stated that there hasn't been as sharp of discussions on here as there used to be when this forum got started.

If anyone else on here feels like I contribute nothing to this forum, just let me know and I will take the advice of hitbitritz and go to my corner and die.

rjt721

that was the year you moron...i did say the bosox got lucky 1 year..can't you read? how many divisions have the yanks won in a row???
    Yes, the Yanks have won the AL East a number of years in a row. However, Boston has made the playoffs 5 out of the last 9 years via the wild card. It really doesn't matter how you make the playoffs, as evidenced by the fact that, since '95, when the wild card was introduced, 4 wild card winners have gone on to win the World Series, including 3 in a row from '02-04.

When a team has made the post-season so frequently, how exactly can they be described as "chokers?"

And I wouldn't call the '04 Sox "lucky." Winning 98 games in the regular season, followed by sweeping a very good Angels team, overcoming a 3-0 deficit against NYY in the ALCS and sweeping the Cards in the WS hardly constitutes "luck."

rjt721

you guys are the ones that took shots at me first.
    I never took a shot at you. I merely pointed out that your "NY will sweep Boston next series" post was ridiculous, which, given that they don't meet again for more than 2 months, is a ridiculous thing to say. No?

hitbitritz

look you guys, we all have our own opinions. i'm not gonna argue anymore. we're all here to help eachother out.

hitbitritz

I never took a shot at you. I merely pointed out that your "NY will sweep Boston next series" post was ridiculous, which, given that they don't meet again for more than 2 months, is a ridiculous thing to say. No?
    it was an exaggeration, of course, but don't we all exaggerate? the point of the post was really to say that i think the yanks are gonna win the AL EAST, which a lot of people agree with. don't take every word so literally...let's just move on...i respect both of you guys and i don't wanna argue anymore

rjt721

look you guys, we all have our own opinions. i'm not gonna argue anymore. we're all here to help eachother out.
    Agreed.

Senator7

Agreed.
    So I can come out of my corner now?

Truce...

hitbitritz

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    So I can come out of my corner now?

Truce...
    you may come out...hahaha...

truce

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

LOL Boston going down again.

I expected them to fold under the pressure but I didn't think it would be this early!

hitbitritz

yup, if all holds up, 7.5

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forecast is for a wicked high suicide rate in New England this September. Good thing they have the Patriots to look forward to.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenLullaby View Post
    Forecast is for a wicked high suicide rate in New England this September. Good thing they have the Patriots to look forward to.
    No. They've gone through the therapy. They're used to it.