rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Kyle Kendrick

Making his major league debut tomorrow afternoon for the Phils. Anyone have any info on this kid?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's pitching vs. The White Sox, that should be enough information.

Kendrick was enjoying a day off before the Reading Phillies started a road trip in Binghamton on Tuesday when he got the news. It is Kendrick's first trip to the majors and he'll be reunited with former teammate Mike Zagurski, who has lended a strong helping hand in the Phillies bullpen.

The 22 year old right-hander was the Phillies 7th round pick in 2003 and has pitched well in his minor league career. In 12 starts for the R-Phils this season, Kendrick is just 4-7, but has posted a 3.21 ERA and has pitched one complete game.
    Kendrick features a low 90s fastball and a solid slider along with a change-up. This is all according to a Phillies scouting site.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm playing the Sox here. Kendrick's numbers don't lead me to believe he is going to be anything near dominant. Thome should be back in the lineup, and while Danks isn't sensational, he is a decent lefty, and the Phillies have had too much trouble with LHP to be favored here.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I am also playing the wsox

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    I am also playing the wsox
    and thome is back

rjt721

I'd need to get a better number than the +107 or so that's out there right now to even consider taking the ChiSox.

EaglesPhan36

Under might not be bad in this one. White Sox have been ice cold and will face a pitcher they don't know. Phils are nothing special vs. lefties and Danks for the most part has been an under pitcher this season.

AC1318

I think there is no problem with them tomorrow, for one at least they started off the game right but the pitcher gives it right back then keeps donating runs

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Under might not be bad in this one. White Sox have been ice cold and will face a pitcher they don't know. Phils are nothing special vs. lefties and Danks for the most part has been an under pitcher this season.
    they never faced hamels but connected early, after the horrific start by contreras that took the wind out of their sails

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I'm playing the Sox here. Kendrick's numbers don't lead me to believe he is going to be anything near dominant. Thome should be back in the lineup, and while Danks isn't sensational, he is a decent lefty, and the Phillies have had too much trouble with LHP to be favored here.
    I concur with your thoughts Razz.

EaglesPhan36

Well by don't know I mean they probably have a lot less scouting material on this kid than they did on Hamels since he's been in the league for over a year. Too many ifs in this game. It'll get some action because it's an early one. I'd rather wait for the TOR-SF game and get some great Udog value on the Jays vs. a still inconsitent Lincecum.

Razz

Phillies 9 games under .500 against LH starters and 12 games over .500 against RH starters. They also are hitting .36 points higher as a team against RHP.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Well by don't know I mean they probably have a lot less scouting material on this kid than they did on Hamels since he's been in the league for over a year. Too many ifs in this game. It'll get some action because it's an early one. I'd rather wait for the TOR-SF game and get some great Udog value on the Jays vs. a still inconsitent Lincecum.
    I like toronto too.

rjt721

Which way do you expect the line to move? The way the ChiSox are playing, I was thinking the public would back Philly, but given the uncertainty with the rookie pitcher maybe I'm wrong.

Razz

I wouldn't expect much movement really. I think the public will be very split on this game and I think the sharps will generally stay away.