EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan-Oregon St. - MON College Super Regional

Only series left in the Super Regionals in Corvalis, Oregon tonight. Game 1 was a pitching masterpiece by both clubs. Michigan was the tough luck 1-0 loser with pitcher Zach Putnam no-hitting OSU through 8 2/3 innings before giving up a lone hit, the game winning RBI single. Jorge Reyes was equally impressive for OSU with the bullpen coming on at the end to win it.

Today's probables:

(+250) UM Mike Wilson (7-0, 3.07 ERA)
    (-300) OSU Daniel Turpen (9-1, 3.65 ERA) or Mike Stutes (9-4, 4.05 ERA)

Pick: Oregon State - the defending champs - are likely to close out this series tonight, but I can't fathom laying -300 on them with last night being such a close game. The offenses are pretty even in my opinion. This game will come down to pitching. OSU has the edge in experience from last year, but Michigan has shown no fear in the post-season. If you play this one tonight, I'd say go small on Michigan unless you've got money to burn on -300!
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-11-07 at 04:22 PM.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I was wondering if you were going to post on today's game Eagles. You've got the exact same read I do on this one. I actually think Michigan represents all the value in the world (especially if it's Stutes on the mound as he has really struggled lately), but something in my gut says OSU closes this sucker out. It looks like I'm going to pass a result...

In other news there's a headline on ESPN.com today from a Clemson reporter talking about how the kids were absolutely overwhelmed playing in Starkville against Mississippi State. One of the kids was talking about how he hated losing, but how great it was playing there lol. You weren't selling their home crowd short. They said Mississippi State drew better on Saturday than four of the other teams combined. I know Oregon State broke their attendance record yesterday with almost 3,000 for a comparison....

EaglesPhan36

I think Miss State draws better than the Rangers, Royals and Nationals

OSU's coach says they will start their #1 guy today. He's being coy about it, but it looks like Stutes.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-11-07 at 04:23 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually was liking Michigan in this game Mr.Eagles. Despite playing at OSU and all, I feel there is some value here with them.

EaglesPhan36

Price is falling. Down to -270 and +230. Think I'm gonna roll is with Michigan just for the F of it.

EaglesPhan36

Well this game appears to be over early. Michigan pitcher sucked balls, walking three and hitting a batter. OSU scores 4 and counting in the 2nd with just one hit.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wilson was wild from the very start of this game Mr.Eagles. As soon as I seen the strikeout that turned into a wild pitch, and they damn near scored in the first inning with no hits. I knew right there this game was basically over.

7-0 in the bottom of the 5th...yea, I'll say it's over

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Stutes with one hit given up and 6 ks through five. Great call by me on him continuing to struggle

EaglesPhan36

No biggie. This was like the Ole Miss game for me yesterday, one I knew I had about a 2% chance of winning. Small wager with potential for a good payout, but no real damage if the game goes the way it should - and it has. Wish the OSU price had been down in the low -200s, I woulda been on that.