Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Indians need another bat before the trade deadline, and they are legit. Giants will be dangerous in the postseason, plus it's an even year obviously. We need to watch the Cubs closely but as of right now, the odds are horrible to take and their bullpen is a mess although they may pursue Miller or the Cuban missile at trade time. I also put a little on Pittsburgh, Dodgers, and Orioles, who may surprise some people. Don't buy the Mariners and Texas is scaring me with their bullpen, I think they peaked way too early. Don't sleep on BOSTON. I just can't stomach the Astros Bullpen. Back end bullpen is the key in the end. Royals are a long shot, but they need Cain back.
    Last edited by Barnes & Whine; 07-11-16 at 02:11 AM.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    How can the Astros make the World Series if they can't beat Texas
    Injuries catching up to the Rangers?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    Indians need another bat before the trade deadline, and they are legit. Giants will be dangerous in the postseason, plus it's an even year obviously. We need to watch the Cubs closely but as of right now, the odds are horrible to take and their bullpen is a mess although they may pursue Miller or the Cuban missile at trade time. I also put a little on Pittsburgh, Dodgers, and Orioles, who may surprise some people. Don't buy the Mariners and Texas is scaring me with their bullpen, I think they peaked way too early. Don't sleep on BOSTON. I just can't stomach the Astros Bullpen. Back end bullpen is the key in the end. Royals are a long shot, but they need Cain back.
    Another stick would be nice for Cleveland, but not a priority, Napoli thinks he's 26 years old again, on pace to hit 34 home runs, Santana is having a monster season, he has 20 bombs at the break, up the middle of Lindor and Kipnis is killing it, they both have double digit bombs and both are hitting for average, Jose Ramierez is hitting out of his shoes, go figure he'd be at .300, Tyler Naiquin is in the rookie of the year mix, totally legit, even Chisenhall is contributing, he's .295, and the team can smack LHP as well.

Indians rotation is the best in the American League
    The front four has a WH/IP of 1.2 or less which is dirty, and an ERA of 3.61 or less.
    Tomlin's 21 home runs allowed is startling, however almost all of them have been solo jobs, and if you think about it, I'd rather have my starter give up a solo homer than clog the bases and give up three runs on four hits, and Tomlin sports a very tide 1.12 WH/IP and for a guy that is on pace to give up 40 ding dongs, I'll take the 3.5 ERA.
    If Carasco returns to form, watch out!

PITCHING
    NAME GS QS W L IP H ER HR BB SO K/9 WAR WHIP ERA
    Corey Kluber 18 11 9 8 122 97 49 10 27 122 9 2.6 1.02 3.61
    Danny Salazar 17 9 10 3 104.2 77 32 9 46 118 10.15 3.8 1.18 2.75
    Josh Tomlin 16 11 9 2 100 101 39 21 11 68 6.12 1.6 1.12 3.51
    Trevor Bauer 13 9 7 3 101 86 37 8 35 91 8.11 2.9 1.2 3.3

40 quality starts from the front four so far is insane, you get a quality start you aren't taxing the bullpen, and that's where the Indians need an upgrade.

Cody Allen is a dependable closer, hardly elite, and Danny Otero is a very nice inning or two middle man, however Bryan Shaw scares me and McCallister is horse shit.

Nobody is going to go far out of the AL East

Baltimore has crap for starting pitching, Tillman is the ace and he's barely serviceable and he gets almost 5 runs a start in run support, the other starters are deplorable, Jimmenez sports a WH/IP of 2 and an ERA of over 7.
    Jesus God, Jimmenez has made 17 starts and averages 2 base runners an inning each and every inning, that's mind boggling.

O's strength is they can mash like no other, Machado, Davis. Adam Jones, Trumbull, forget about it, the line up is stacked with bombers, and the bull pen back end of Brach setting up Britton is top 4 in the maors, pretty much untouchable, and O'Day is a nice reliever as well, but if the starters don't pick it up that bull pen will be dead on arrival come Labor Day, the bats can only carry you so far, who in that brutal rotation can you rely on to stop a 4 game losing streak.

Same with Boston and Toronto, after Price they have nothing in the way of starting pitching, and now they lose Kimbrel for the year, Blue Jays? Dickey is reduced to a punching bag, Happ leads the majors in run support, both teams can mash what they can't do is pitch.

Texas gets Darvish back, and if he can give the Rangers 10 out 15 good starts they'll win the division by 10 games.
    (I think Seattle can nab a wild card if Iwaguma can pitch like he did the other day against KC) but M's won't catch Texas. Speaking of KC, I love them as you all know, but Moose out for the year hurts, they do get Cain back next week, but Dillon Gee and Ian Kennedy is taking my beloved Royals no freaking any where, Kennedy is the teams ERA leader and that's at 4, Gee got lit up this weekend, Chris Young is a big fly waiting to happen, he's given up an unholy 26 bomb, Ventura turns into a nut job any time he gets into trouble, Volquez is a nice middle of the rotation guy, but KC depends on him at the top of the rotation and he's not that kind of starter. I don't care how good the 'pen is, and it's not 2014 of Holland, Davis and Herrea or even last years WS bullpen with Holland gone. as mentioned Cain is back, Hoss is an all star, Perez is the games elite catcher, the kids that got called up are good (Orlando, Whit Merrifield, Fuentes, Cuthbert) they are all .280 or better) but with no pitching, no repeat. Johnny Cueto is in SF now, and they aren't pulling a rabbit out their ass this July like they did for the past 2 years, it was no secret Zobrist was hooking up with his buddy Maddon, and starting the season with 199 year old Omar Infante was a joke at 2B.

Getting back to Texas it should be Rangers and Indians in the ALCS, Rangers can rake, they get back Darvish, Darvish with a rock solid Cole Hamels and even a steadier Colby Lewis is a very formidable front three, and their bats are even a little better than Cleveland.

Want to see something scary?
    Look at these numbers versus Left handed pitching.
    This is scary

NAME GP AB R H RBI BA OBP SLG OPS
    Ian Desmond 44 93 17 37 16 0.398 0.43 0.602 1.032
    Elvis Andrus 39 72 15 28 16 0.389 0.408 0.597 1.005
    Shin-Soo Choo 15 27 7 10 6 0.37 0.485 0.815 1.3
    Adrian Beltre 44 83 15 28 16 0.337 0.402 0.53 0.932
    Ryan Rua 37 69 17 23 8 0.333 0.413 0.522 0.934
    Rougned Odor 55 99 19 30 13 0.303 0.324 0.495 0.819
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: FlyinAir, and CTOWNsCAPPIN

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

DOn't forget about Washington Nationals.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Another stick would be nice for Cleveland, but not a priority, Napoli thinks he's 26 years old again, on pace to hit 34 home runs, Santana is having a monster season, he has 20 bombs at the break, up the middle of Lindor and Kipnis is killing it, they both have double digit bombs and both are hitting for average, Jose Ramierez is hitting out of his shoes, go figure he'd be at .300, Tyler Naiquin is in the rookie of the year mix, totally legit, even Chisenhall is contributing, he's .295, and the team can smack LHP as well.

Indians rotation is the best in the American League
    The front four has a WH/IP of 1.2 or less which is dirty, and an ERA of 3.61 or less.
    Tomlin's 21 home runs allowed is startling, however almost all of them have been solo jobs, and if you think about it, I'd rather have my starter give up a solo homer than clog the bases and give up three runs on four hits, and Tomlin sports a very tide 1.12 WH/IP and for a guy that is on pace to give up 40 ding dongs, I'll take the 3.5 ERA.
    If Carasco returns to form, watch out!

PITCHING
    NAME GS QS W L IP H ER HR BB SO K/9 WAR WHIP ERA
    Corey Kluber 18 11 9 8 122 97 49 10 27 122 9 2.6 1.02 3.61
    Danny Salazar 17 9 10 3 104.2 77 32 9 46 118 10.15 3.8 1.18 2.75
    Josh Tomlin 16 11 9 2 100 101 39 21 11 68 6.12 1.6 1.12 3.51
    Trevor Bauer 13 9 7 3 101 86 37 8 35 91 8.11 2.9 1.2 3.3

40 quality starts from the front four so far is insane, you get a quality start you aren't taxing the bullpen, and that's where the Indians need an upgrade.

Cody Allen is a dependable closer, hardly elite, and Danny Otero is a very nice inning or two middle man, however Bryan Shaw scares me and McCallister is horse shit.

Nobody is going to go far out of the AL East

Baltimore has crap for starting pitching, Tillman is the ace and he's barely serviceable and he gets almost 5 runs a start in run support, the other starters are deplorable, Jimmenez sports a WH/IP of 2 and an ERA of over 7.
    Jesus God, Jimmenez has made 17 starts and averages 2 base runners an inning each and every inning, that's mind boggling.

O's strength is they can mash like no other, Machado, Davis. Adam Jones, Trumbull, forget about it, the line up is stacked with bombers, and the bull pen back end of Brach setting up Britton is top 4 in the maors, pretty much untouchable, and O'Day is a nice reliever as well, but if the starters don't pick it up that bull pen will be dead on arrival come Labor Day, the bats can only carry you so far, who in that brutal rotation can you rely on to stop a 4 game losing streak.

Same with Boston and Toronto, after Price they have nothing in the way of starting pitching, and now they lose Kimbrel for the year, Blue Jays? Dickey is reduced to a punching bag, Happ leads the majors in run support, both teams can mash what they can't do is pitch.

Texas gets Darvish back, and if he can give the Rangers 10 out 15 good starts they'll win the division by 10 games.
    (I think Seattle can nab a wild card if Iwaguma can pitch like he did the other day against KC) but M's won't catch Texas. Speaking of KC, I love them as you all know, but Moose out for the year hurts, they do get Cain back next week, but Dillon Gee and Ian Kennedy is taking my beloved Royals no freaking any where, Kennedy is the teams ERA leader and that's at 4, Gee got lit up this weekend, Chris Young is a big fly waiting to happen, he's given up an unholy 26 bomb, Ventura turns into a nut job any time he gets into trouble, Volquez is a nice middle of the rotation guy, but KC depends on him at the top of the rotation and he's not that kind of starter. I don't care how good the 'pen is, and it's not 2014 of Holland, Davis and Herrea or even last years WS bullpen with Holland gone. as mentioned Cain is back, Hoss is an all star, Perez is the games elite catcher, the kids that got called up are good (Orlando, Whit Merrifield, Fuentes, Cuthbert) they are all .280 or better) but with no pitching, no repeat. Johnny Cueto is in SF now, and they aren't pulling a rabbit out their ass this July like they did for the past 2 years, it was no secret Zobrist was hooking up with his buddy Maddon, and starting the season with 199 year old Omar Infante was a joke at 2B.

Getting back to Texas it should be Rangers and Indians in the ALCS, Rangers can rake, they get back Darvish, Darvish with a rock solid Cole Hamels and even a steadier Colby Lewis is a very formidable front three, and their bats are even a little better than Cleveland.

Want to see something scary?
    Look at these numbers versus Left handed pitching.
    This is scary

NAME GP AB R H RBI BA OBP SLG OPS
    Ian Desmond 44 93 17 37 16 0.398 0.43 0.602 1.032
    Elvis Andrus 39 72 15 28 16 0.389 0.408 0.597 1.005
    Shin-Soo Choo 15 27 7 10 6 0.37 0.485 0.815 1.3
    Adrian Beltre 44 83 15 28 16 0.337 0.402 0.53 0.932
    Ryan Rua 37 69 17 23 8 0.333 0.413 0.522 0.934
    Rougned Odor 55 99 19 30 13 0.303 0.324 0.495 0.819
    damn strong analysis, Nash.....

well put together

Sledge187

Not happening guys...trust me.....I am homer that lives in Houston......Astros vs Indians in the ALCS. Indians beat Texas and Astros beat the Blue Jays.

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Nash

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

still long ways to go but at the end of the day teams like san francisco will take it all. also don't count kc out.

who are we kidding, teams like texas and cleveland played way over their heads this year. they'll comeback down to earth in the 2nd half.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    still long ways to go but at the end of the day teams like san francisco will take it all. also don't count kc out.

who are we kidding, teams like texas and cleveland played way over their heads this year. they'll comeback down to earth in the 2nd half.
    I was just talking about AL (not one mention of NL in my write up) WS champ should come out of NL, and yes, I like SF's team right now, if Hunter Pence can stop getting hurt.......

I drive the KC band wagon, just not feeling it this season, Cleveland has to much pitching though to be wearing the 'fluke' badge, or shooting star badge, Cleveland is totally legit, but can they beat a Cub or SF team????

SF with Cueto and Mad-Bum is lethal, I watched every pitch Mad-Bum threw last night, I thought I was watching Kershaw.

I'll break down the NL when I get a chance, I'm just slammed with projects though

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i wasn't just replying to your post. this thread is about the astros taking it all so i just made a statement on two hottest teams in the league.

anyway, i really want the dodgers to win it all but they're still missing the mid-relievers. they have most of the pieces but they still need some quality arms in the bullpen.

you say you're not feeling kc this season? you're forgetting all the years sf won the whole thing, i think they barely the playoffs as a wild card. i think kc can do the same. you know in the playoffs, it's always the teams that's been there that have a huge edge. cleveland will just be happy to be there.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Houston played a lot better I thought the last couple months and I think they're going to have a good second half of the season to team killed me in the first half fading them

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If the season ended right now, Houston wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Still got a lot of work to do. It's going to be tough, there are a lot of teams right in the mix for those two wildcard spots.

Hopefully they can overcome Opie's Rangers, and we can all rejoice as that big dummy curls up into a ball and cries all winter.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Keeping fingers crossed for you Giant. I'll even wear garlic around my neck for luck and to get rid of evil spirits.

The Giant

Thanks BG.

The evil spirits are pretty strong these days. It might take an extra dose of garlic.

You're a good man.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Thanks BG.

The evil spirits are pretty strong these days. It might take an extra dose of garlic.

You're a good man.
    The Giant pondering his next move

Bostongambler

Thanks BG.

You're a good man.
    Well as Prince once sang; " I got a lion in my pocket and boy is he ready to roar".

Nothing to do with your post, just in general.

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    The Giant pondering his next move

That's some bigass Garlic.

The Giant

Prince always had a way with words.

BG, did you have a national animal in Scotland is the unicorn?

Just wanted you to know that. I'm not sure why.

Bostongambler

Prince always had a way with words.

BG, did you have a national animal in Scotland is the unicorn?

Just wanted you to know that. I'm not sure why.
    Hmmmm, I did not know that. But now I do.

Bostongambler

Do you know why Fish are so skinny?

The Giant

Tell me.

Bostongambler

They only eat Fish.

The Giant

Not bad.

BG, never ask a joke online without giving the punchline in the same post.

It just loses its luster.

I'm here to teach, baby!

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Not bad.

BG, never ask a joke online without giving the punchline in the same post.

It just loses its luster.

I'm here to teach, baby!

The Giant

I love Scotty.

Bostongambler

Thanks Baby

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Looks like the Astros might do to the Rangers what the Rangers did to them last year

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Thanks Baby
    It's awwwwww over, baby

Sledge187

Astros were down by 11 in the loss column to the Rangers and now they are only 5 back at the All-Star break. Not bad considering how badly they started. 17-28 at one time.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay that only happened because I have been a little busy the last few weeks. I haven't been able to watch them at all but come Friday the game is on again. 2016 Pennant will look amazing

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

The Rangers pitching is killing them.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Rangers fading fast right now. Martin Perez, Chi Chi Rodriguez, even the rejuvenated AJ Griffin got ruffed up his last time. Hamels can't do it by himself. For the Stros it looks like, after a miserable first half, that the phenom of last year (keuchel) might be back. C'mon Friday nite. I'm dying here!

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Texas

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

'stros being 2 hit in another low scoring game. Bats need some life.

First 123456 Last