mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

David Ortiz magical year

What this guy is doing right now at his age is unprecedented. You are witnessing an all time great right now going out there playing the best baseball he has ever played. He's prob the most clutch hitter to ever step foot on a baseball field. If there is one player u want up in a game tying or winning situation it is David Ortiz. I've been a lifelong Red Sox fan and it brings so much joy watching him play for the sox throughout his career. I can't believe he's retiring it hasn't sunk in yet because of what he's doing right now. He's the Red Sox version of Derek jeter. Hopefully he will walk off with yet another World Series mvp and ring and ride off into the sunset like Peyton manning. He is without question first ballot hall of famer. People want to say steroids but he gets tested multiple times a year and passes every time.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

steroids are a hell of a drug
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cane

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    steroids are a hell of a drug
    How can u say that if he's taking them he would have came up already. So Dee Gordon get caught but others don't ?

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

anyone who says steroids either doesnt like the sox of just is a negative nancy. If he comes up on a list, then fine, but until then, you cant say shit. He is one of the most likable guys in the game and is a huge team guy.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

I just got home from the game..one of the all time legendary regular season showings from big papi...it was a hell of a show
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    anyone who says steroids either doesnt like the sox of just is a negative nancy. If he comes up on a list, then fine, but until then, you cant say shit. He is one of the most likable guys in the game and is a huge team guy.
    He's already shown up on a list. That's a forever question mark. Anyone who doesn't question him is insane.

I should also add that I don't care at all, and think that all of these guys should be allowed to juice. It's historically unfair? Get a life. Modern medicine alone makes playing in the current era unfair compared to guys in the early and mid 1900's.
    Last edited by POOLSIDE; 05-14-16 at 05:29 PM.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post
    What this guy is doing right now at his age is unprecedented. You are witnessing an all time great right now going out there playing the best baseball he has ever played. He's prob the most clutch hitter to ever step foot on a baseball field. If there is one player u want up in a game tying or winning situation it is David Ortiz. I've been a lifelong Red Sox fan and it brings so much joy watching him play for the sox throughout his career. I can't believe he's retiring it hasn't sunk in yet because of what he's doing right now. He's the Red Sox version of Derek jeter. Hopefully he will walk off with yet another World Series mvp and ring and ride off into the sunset like Peyton manning. He is without question first ballot hall of famer. People want to say steroids but he gets tested multiple times a year and passes every time.

Lance Armstrong never failed a test either, doesn't mean a thing. Manny got caught twice, if you want to bury your head in the sand and think Papi is clean, go ahead. The fact that you're a life long Sox fan tells me all I need to know

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by cane View Post
    [/B]
    Lance Armstrong never failed a test either, doesn't mean a thing. Manny got caught twice, if you want to bury your head in the sand and think Papi is clean, go ahead. The fact that you're a life long Sox fan tells me all I need to know
    x2

These guys cheat. We should just allow it. It's more fun to watch and levels the playing field.

cane

BTW, Ortiz failed a drug test in 2003https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/03/26/david-ortiz-still-haunted-failed-drug-test/Cvcd1E7am8OybqLpNA6uKP/story.html

cane

The above link doesn't work, here's another article.http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4366335

cane

Ortiz and Manny both failed drug tests in 2003, but it didn't become public until 2009

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

Unbelievable for any age let alone his age
    he won me the over today
    i don't care if he's on anything or not
    if he is I hope he don't get caught

JAKEPEAVY21

guy is as clutch as they come no doubt

I give him props there

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    guy is as clutch as they come no doubt

I give him props there
    yea steroids or not steroids, you cant teach clutch

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    yea steroids or not steroids, you cant teach clutch
    agreed

Ro0k
    Ro0k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2492

When Melky Cabrera got busted, I read it is so easy to pass one of those drug tests that if you get caught, you're basically retarded. IIRC they tell you way beforehand too. Melky just forgot.