Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Yankees Prospect Dies In Car Accident

Yankees Minor Leaguer Sandy Acevedo was killed in a car accident in his native Dominican Republic on Saturday night, the team said. Acevedo was 18 years old.

Prior to their Sunday game against the Rays, the Yankees held a moment of silence in memory of the third baseman. Acevedo had not appeared in any Minor League games since signing with New York as an international free agent last July 6, his 18th birthday.

MLB.com's David Adler cited a 2015 Scout.com interview in which Donny Rowland, New York's director of international scouting, said of discovering the infielder, "Acevedo was one of the hitters that we brought in to face [pitching prospect Yoan Lopez, now the D-backs' No. 8 prospect], and he absolutely owned him in three out of four at-bats and crushed stuff.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...icle_174232226

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

horrible news

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Think MLB HAS to take some responsibility when they give teenagers real $ for the first time in their lives.

Should be a mandatory seminar with agent, any family and reps from the team. A video of crashes??

I live here, and at night driving at normal speeds with an old SUV (like mine) is risky business.
    18 Y.O. with a V8 on these roads, these rules and worst of all the typical DR driver is simply knocking on deaths door.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Think MLB HAS to take some responsibility when they give teenagers real $ for the first time in their lives.

Should be a mandatory seminar with agent, any family and reps from the team. A video of crashes??

I live here, and at night driving at normal speeds with an old SUV (like mine) is risky business.
    18 Y.O. with a V8 on these roads, these rules and worst of all the typical DR driver is simply knocking on deaths door.
    Yeah, it was only a couple of years ago that Oscar Taveras died there while driving a Camaro.