EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

NCAA Super Regionals - SAT 6/10

There are more games at 6 ET, 7 ET and 9 ET - but starting with the early games only right now. Will include more on the others during the day on Saturday. I'll post the lines when they come out.

NOON ET STARTS

Game 2: Louisville (-120) vs. Oklahoma St. (+100) (LOU 1-0)
    *Saturday: UL Justin Marks (8-2, 2.61 ERA) vs OSU Joe Kent (4-2, 3.42 ERA)*
    The Cards surprisingly beat the crap out of Okie State in Game 1 by a final of 9-0. The line on this one will be interesting because State was tabbed as a fairly substantial favorite despite being the road team in game1. I'll find it hard to bet on OSU with Louisville having displayed plenty of offense and they'll have a fresh bullpen. Cards should also have the edge in starting pitching once more. If they're at anything -125 or lower, jump on 'em!

Game 2: Mississippi St. (+140) vs. Clemson (-160) (MSU 1-0)
    * CU David Kopp (6-2, 3.67 ERA) vs MSU Justin Pigott (6-5, 4.31 ERA)*
    Good back & forth game on Friday with the Bulldogs rallying from a 5-2 deficit for an 8-6 win in front of their home crowd. MSU got an excellent dog price of +150 in Game 1. The line again should be interesting for Game 2 to see how much stock the books put in one game. Who Clemson starts is probably going to be a deciding factor on who to pick here, but their two likely choices are both solid. Ryan Hinson (6-2, 2.61 ERA) or David Kopp (6-2, 3.67 ERA). I still lean to Clemson because I think they're too good to get beat in two games, but the price will again be the deciding factor. If Clemson is -125 or lower, I like 'em. If they're a + dog, it's a done deal for me.

Game 1: UC-Irvine (-105) vs. Wichita State (-115)
    *UCI Scott Gorgen (11-2, 2.91 ERA) vs. WSU Travis Banwart (10-5, 2.68 ERA)*
    UC-Irvine was a team no one thought would be in the super regionals after being stuck into the Texas regional. They won all three games last weekend though and beat Texas twice to advance to the super regional. Wichita St. meanwhile had to dodge elimination at home after dropping their opener to New Orleans. They then beat a solid Arizona team twice to advance. The Shockers (WSU) have one of the best pitching staffs in the country, good starters and a solid bullpen. UCI though showed plenty of guts in beating Texas and has equally solid starting pitching. UCI will start one of the following guys in Game 1. Either sophomore Scott Gorgen (11-2, 2.91 ERA) who has gone the distance three straight times including a 3-1 win over Texas. Or Wes Etheridge (12-4, 2.68 ERA). I expect some low scoring games in this series and the best bet is probably to go with the dog in each game because these match-ups should be toss-ups and close ballgames.

3 PM EST START

Game 1: Michigan (+245) vs. Oregon State (-290)
    *UM Zach Putnam (8-4, 4.13 ERA) vs. OSU TBA
    This is quite possibly the most intriguing of the super regionals. You have in Michigan the team that unexpectedly KO'ed the top seeded team in Vanderbilt last week in the regionals. And in OSU, you have the defending national champs who showed their grit and ability by winning on the road in Virginia last weekend. The Beavers now get the advantage of their home crowd and I think have the better starting pitching to take this series. Keep in mind that Michigan in defeating Vandy last weekend did so as a +550 underdog. They certainly have the capability to win, but I believe their time in the sun came last weekend. There likely won't be any value with OSU with them as the home team. I'm guessing they open as a substantial favorite in this game, perhaps close to -200. If I'm off and they are less than -150, I'd venture to bet on the favorite in these match-ups or a very small play on Michigan if their dog tag is large. OSU likely will have one of the following as their starter today:

Daniel Turpen who is 9-1 with a 3.65 ERA. Mike Stutes (9-4, 4.05 ERA) or Joe Paterson (9-6, 3.81 ERA)
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-09-07 at 10:34 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write ups Mr.Eagles. I still have to look at the college slate of games for Saturday though before commenting on your selections sir. I will say this though... I too was a bit surprised at that Louisville/Oak St. game. I honestly didn't see that one happening today.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Absolutely tremendous writeups EaglesPhan. You sold me on Louisville today. The prices before gametime will determine what I do with Clemson/MSU and Irvine/Wichita. I agree that the Michigan/Oregon State series is about as intriguing as it gets (I'm still in shock that UM eliminated Vandy). GL to us....

EaglesPhan36

Updated w/ morning lines which are already moving.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-09-07 at 10:28 AM.

EaglesPhan36

Well these early games are tough. I'll def play the UCI-WSU game ... leaning toward the home team and the Shockers since the price differential is so small. Louisville at -120 is the other play.

Clemson at -160 is still a bit rich for me, although I do expect them to win today. Mich-OSU sees little value to me.

EaglesPhan36

Alright, here's the early plays for me.

LOUISVILLE -120 1 unit
    UC-IRVINE -102 1/2 unit

I went against my instincts on taking Wichita State over UCI and went with my own advice from the write up about taking the dog price. We'll see how that goes. I also have an if-bet tied to winning the Louisville game. If they win, I lay a unit on Clemson at -165. I really like the Tigers today, but wanted to play them with some house money if I win any!

bigboydan

Mr.Eagles, I'm going with Oklahoma St today and I'm also going with Mississippi St plus that extremely generous price.

EaglesPhan36

So far so good for you on MSU. I really thought the Clemson pitching would hold up better. Still lots of time though - I think the winner of that one is gonna score double digits today to pull out a win.

Okie St. just took a 1-0 lead.

bigboydan

That game is still early though Mr.Eagles. We both know that lead won't hold up in this game.

EaglesPhan36

Clemson closes the gap to 5-4. Let's see if they can go a couple innings without surrendering any more runs and give that offense a chance to get the lead.

OK ST still leads LOU 1-0. Only hit by OSU is a HR.
    UC-IRVINE & WICHITA ST. tied at 0 in the 6th.

EaglesPhan36

Nope. Bulldogs adding on more runs vs. Clemson. Really disappointed with that team. Louisville has taken the lead vs. OSU 2-1.

EaglesPhan36

Okie State gets the most out of their two hits - two bombs. They tie it in the 9th, 2-2.

Skipping the 3pm game by the way. I love Oregon State, but the price is too rich for me.

EaglesPhan36

Game 2 (6pm ET): Rice (-255) vs. Texas A&M (+215) [Rice 1-0]
    *A&M Kirkland Rivers (2-3, 5.61) or Kyle Thebeau (3-5, 4.50) vs. RICE Matt Langwell (7-1, 1.73 ERA)*

Game 1 was a battle with Rice rallying late to tie and then winning in extra innings. The pitching match-up today is why Rice is being hung with the additional price as a favorite. It'll be interesting to see how A&M bounces back early in this game from the tough loss. If they get to Rice early for a run or two, they'll be in this game the whole way. As is, I'll recommend a half-unit play on A&M at this great dog price.

Game 1 (7pm ET) Fullerton St. (-175) vs. UCLA (+155)
    *CSF Wes Roemer (10-6, 3.33 ERA) vs. UCLA Tyson Brummett (10-5, 3.57 ERA)*

Cal-St. won the San Diego regional last weekend fairly easily, winning three straight including two against Fresno State. Those were the bottom two seeds in that regional. Top seed San Diego was eliminated without facing CSF. UCLA meanwhile had a much tougher road, beating Pepperdine, UI-Chicago and Long Beach St. to advance. UCLA has been a team that has been coming on for the 2nd half of the season after a poor 8-14 start. Their starting pitching dominated the Long Beach regional and they'll need the same against Fullerton. I believe the offenses are fairly even, the main concern with UCLA is that their bullpen is not as solid as CSF. Still, they look impressive coming in, so the dog price for them is a tremendous value to start this series.

Game 2 (7pm ET) North Carolina (-150) vs. South Carolina (+130) [UNC 1-0]
    *UNC Alex White (6-4, 3.87 ERA) vs SC Arik Hempy (6-3, 3.38 ERA)*

South Carolina has to be kicking itself after going up 6-0 on UNC in Game 1, only to get outscored 9-0 the rest of the way. Beating up UNC's top starter early should keep SC confident in this one. The big question is whether or not they can hold down UNC's offense. Expect another pretty high scoring game. I've seen enough from UNC that no lead is safe against them. I'm leaning toward them. The price is right on the fringe of the highest I would play on a fave. SC does have value though for you dog chasers.

Game 1 (9pm ET): Arizona St. (-320) vs. Ole Miss (+260)
    *ASU Josh Satow (12-3, 2.56 ERA), vs. MISS Will Kline (7-2, 3.72 ERA)*

ASU is home standing in this series and the heavy favorites. The Sun Devils & Rebels both won 3 straight games in their respective regionals to advance to the super regional. ASU won at home. Ole Miss did the same against lesser competition. Both teams have plenty of offense, but I think ASU's pitching will be the difference in this series especially the starters. Passing on this game, but I'd go with the chalk and the Sun Devils if you're looking for a winner.

EaglesPhan36

UC-Irvine wins 1-0 for the half unit win. Okie St. now up on Louisville in the 12th. Looks like another late inning rally & extras are gonna result in a loss. On the plus side, it saves me from losing my if-bet because Clemson is about to fall to Miss St.

EaglesPhan36

Mississippi State becomes 1st team to advance to CWS beating Clemson 8-5. Surprising to me, but a good job for MSU backers at + prices for two games.

Okie State also holds on to win against Louisville after the late rally, 3-2. Series tied at 1-1.

1-1 for me on the day, down half a unit. Diappointed in Louisville for the 9th inning collapse!

Track for the day --> All 3 dogs won. As Crayzee pointed out yesterday, might be your best bet to go with the dogs and take your chances. Faves will win some, but the price tags are usually not great.

JBrown1045
    JBrown1045's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Mississippi State becomes 1st team to advance to CWS beating Clemson 8-5. Surprising to me, but a good job for MSU backers at + prices for two games.

Okie State also holds on to win against Louisville after the late rally, 3-2. Series tied at 1-1.

1-1 for me on the day, down half a unit. Diappointed in Louisville for the 9th inning collapse!

Track for the day --> All 3 dogs won. As Crayzee pointed out yesterday, might be your best bet to go with the dogs and take your chances. Faves will win some, but the price tags are usually not great.
    Eagles, I like UNC and CSF tonight. I saw your post now. LOL

EaglesPhan36

A&M +215 for 3/4 of a unit
    Pitching is my only concern here. Aggies will need a strong start to keep pace. If they can, they'll have a shot like yesterday.

Still deciding for the 7pm starts. No line movement, so that'd probably mean I take UCLA +155 ... still leaning to UNC against SC.

EaglesPhan36

Added plays for the 7pm starts

UNC -135
    UCLA +155

Aggies are already giving me fits. Bases juiced and NO ONE OUT in the 1st and they got NO runs. LOB, story of the week for me with baseball bets.

EaglesPhan36

Well not a great day for moi personally.

0-3 tonight - assuming UNC&SC finish. Hoping they call that one with the weather delat and refund my original bet. Heh. Sad when that's what you root for.

Keep in mind that the dogs are 3-3 in completed games today. Ole Miss leads ASU, but that should change. If South Carolina wins, that's a 4th dog win.

Sunday's Schedule
    6/10/2007 01:00PM
    1225 Wichita State
    1226 UC Irvine [1-0]
    (Game 2)

6/10/2007 03:45PM
    1227 Oregon State
    1228 Michigan
    (Game 1)

6/10/2007 07:00PM
    1229 Arizona State
    1230 Mississippi
    (Game 2)

6/10/2007 10:00PM
    1231 Cal State Fullerton [1-0]
    1232 UCLA
    (Game 2)

6/10/2007 04:00PM
    1235 Oklahoma State
    1236 Louisville [1-1]
    (Game 3)

6/10/2007 07:00PM
    1239 South Carolina
    1240 North Carolina [1-0 2nd game SC leads in delay]
    Chapel Hill,NC (Game 3)

*Expected dogs on Sunday: UC-Irvine, Michigan, Ole Miss, UCLA, Ok.State, S.C.*