Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Is there anyone that is a bit surprised that Boston made a mistake on Sandoval??

Did they think that if they gave him $95 million that he would start working out and eating healthy?
    I am constantly amazed at the mistakes big money General Managers make.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...052808541.html

BoL

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

the whole world knew it was a stupid contract and he wasnt worth the money even if was in shape.

they say giants had a weight clause in their deal so he went elsewhere, not sure if that was confirmed anywhere.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

sox fan here.. big mistake, yes, but the money doesnt matter to this team. I hate people that bring up his contract. Its pennies to them. They brought him in because he was a solid player with a GREAT postseason track record. I agree that giving someone alot of money is typically going to make them even lazier.. All they need to do is what they are now doing with Eddie Lacy.. Have you seen Lacy recently?? Guy looks cut up now. Looked like a fat shit all last year. He is primed for a huge year, ala Leveon Bell from year 1 to year 2. He lost a bunch of weight and became the best RB in the game, besides maybe AP. Sandoval needs someone who will be with him and watch what he eats.. If he doesnt want to do that, then fukk him, he obviously doesnt care about the game if thats the case..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hopefully I'll get back into shape and be a top player
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kelly View Post
    Did they think that if they gave him $95 million that he would start working out and eating healthy?
    I am constantly amazed at the mistakes big money General Managers make.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...052808541.html

BoL
    Same as Carl Crawford deal, what a bust that was. LOL.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Boston and Houston both need to do the same thing. To hell with signing big leaguers when you are doing much better with your farm systems. Look at the young studs both of these teams have. Holt and Shaw are proving they never had to sign that fatass in the first place. In Houston, they traded prime candidates for a dead bat Carlos Gomez, and the 10+ ERA of Ken Giles. Last year they got a regressing Scott Kazmir. With all that, I just shake my head when Vince Velasquez had 16 K's yesterday for Philadelphia.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    sox fan here.. big mistake, yes, but the money doesnt matter to this team. I hate people that bring up his contract. Its pennies to them. They brought him in because he was a solid player with a GREAT postseason track record. I agree that giving someone alot of money is typically going to make them even lazier.. All they need to do is what they are now doing with Eddie Lacy.. Have you seen Lacy recently?? Guy looks cut up now. Looked like a fat shit all last year. He is primed for a huge year, ala Leveon Bell from year 1 to year 2. He lost a bunch of weight and became the best RB in the game, besides maybe AP. Sandoval needs someone who will be with him and watch what he eats.. If he doesnt want to do that, then fukk him, he obviously doesnt care about the game if thats the case..
    the day they stop charging for tickets is the day people/fans should stop talking about contracts
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

he already has what, 2 or 3 rings? he doesn't care

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

we need more blacks in baseball.
    less hispanics.
    no offense.

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Just an ignorant post. As a sox fan I embarrassed that u root for the same team as me

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    less hispanics.
    no offense.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

less hispanics.
    no offense.
    american born players with high iqs win championships. cards?? royals??? giants???

sprinkle in a foreign born player or black here and there.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post
    Just an ignorant post. As a sox fan I embarrassed that u root for the same team as me
    you are useless.. all you do is talk crap and never post anything of substance.. go back into your hole now

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    the day they stop charging for tickets is the day people/fans should stop talking about contracts
    Well said.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Baseball might start getting some more African American players from football. Longer shelf life, better money, no brain damage... I could see an uptick in black ballplayers in the next few years.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post

Burial

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Babe Ruth was in worst shape than Kung Foo Panda. Baseball is the only sport that fat people are good at.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya I can't understand the obsession on the forum over his weight?? The fact that he is playing like crap is one thing but his weight means zip unless you are wanting to penetrate him. This is baseball not track. The contract is bad and he isn't playing up to snuff, maybe it is weight maybe he just doesn't care idk but dudes are posting his jiggly gut on here like it matters...its baseball!

packerd_00

Kirby Puckett was a fat penetrate but came to play when it mattered,I don't think the weight is the problem,Pablo just isn't putting up the stats that warrant that contract.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh man Kirby and that fukker Kent Hrbeck

packerd_00

Hrbek was awesome,he was built like an every man but could put up the numbers.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Burial
    is that a joke? How is that a burial Its dumb.. Who the fukk cares about guys contracts? If there was a salary cap, thatd be one thing, but theres not, so no one cares.. Obviously these guys do for some reason, but there have been tons of bad contracts in MLB.. Who gives a shit

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

babe ruth was not as fat as many seem to think

maybe in his last 2-3 years

but the dude was a pretty good athlete and pretty skinny in his prime

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

less hispanics.
    no offense.
    MLB, the NBA, and the NHL needs to do like the Canadian Football League (and lots of other leagues around the world) = put quotas on the number of non-American/Canadian players. The reason these players can make huge contracts is because of the economic engine that is America (the U.S. & Canada), they can't go anywhere else in the world and make big money playing a silly game - who gives a shit if one more Czech is playing for the Avs, or one more Cuban playing for the Marlins (that last bit was a joke). Kids want to root for Americans. But most importantly it's about money - why should hundreds of millions of dollars go to Europe, Asia and Latin America when it can stay in America. The game is no better for it, people would still watch it, root for it, and bet on it if some kid from Alabama took the place of a kid from Asia. Give the Dominican Republic the choice of becoming a state, if they don't want to do that then they can start their own Major Baseball League and see how that goes.

BoL

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

DK, we should run a team. You could be Gm. Make KLC and me your asst gm's.
    Points Awarded:

Dan Kelly gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

I said it was a terrible idea when they signed him.

packerd_00

less hispanics.
    no offense.
    And we need more whites in Basketball,but its not changing for us Snowball.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    DK, we should run a team. You could be Gm. Make KLC and me your asst gm's.
    I'm only available if I get 10% (minimum) of the team as my signing bonus. Start bidding MLB owners, my team is in place.

BoL

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kelly View Post
    MLB, the NBA, and the NHL needs to do like the Canadian Football League (and lots of other leagues around the world) = put quotas on the number of non-American/Canadian players. The reason these players can make huge contracts is because of the economic engine that is America (the U.S. & Canada), they can't go anywhere else in the world and make big money playing a silly game - who gives a shit if one more Czech is playing for the Avs, or one more Cuban playing for the Marlins (that last bit was a joke). Kids want to root for Americans. But most importantly it's about money - why should hundreds of millions of dollars go to Europe, Asia and Latin America when it can stay in America. The game is no better for it, people would still watch it, root for it, and bet on it if some kid from Alabama took the place of a kid from Asia. Give the Dominican Republic the choice of becoming a state, if they don't want to do that then they can start their own Major Baseball League and see how that goes.

BoL
    Sounds retarded. You redneck?

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea888 View Post
    Sounds retarded. You redneck?
    I am looking at it purely through the prism of the science of Economics. When an individual takes a lot of money out of a foreign country and spends that money in their own country, they make the foreign country poorer and their own country richer. This is basic macro-economics and has been going on for millenia - that's what Caesar was doing in Jerusalem during the time of Christ. Usually it would not matter what one individual could obtain through his labor, but in the instance of sports stars you're talking about huge contracts in multiple instances adding up to a big (relative) percentage of GDP. And because it is all really just a marketing machine, like I said in the earlier post, it doesn't matter who's playing the games to the people who are paying to watch the games (when you watch a game on tv you are paying to watch it because of commercials and/or pay-tv fees). The premise does sound "retarded" if you don't know that you're being manipulated.

No, not a redneck.

BoL

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

While Boston Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said that his team does not need any additional starting pitching at the moment, the veteran front office executive hinted that the club may be in the market for a third baseman, via Scott Lauber of ESPN.

“We’re not looking for starting pitching at this point,” said Dombrowski. “That’s not a need for our club.”

On the other hand, Dombrowski heaped praise on the job that the Red Sox’s current third basemen have done, but he understands that a .620 OPS from that position is not ideal.

“They’ve done a good job for us, no question,” Dombrowski said of Deven Marrero and Tzu-Wei Lin, who have split time on the hot corner. “They’ve stabilized the position, is the best way to say it — stabilized and provided some help for us. But I think you’re also in a spot that you’re always cognizant of trying to help the club however you can.”

Pablo Sandoval is also set to return from an inner-ear infection, but his .212/.269/.354 slash line is not going to stop Boston from pursuing other options. Still, while Dombrowski seems to want to make a move, he knows there is still plenty of time between now and the August 1 trade deadline, so, chances are, nothing major will transpire for at least the next several weeks.

“The reality is that most people are saying they want to push their decisions off until as late as they possibly can. I’m not saying that somebody wouldn’t do something [soon], but I think most people are saying, let’s just see where we go in the next couple weeks.”

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Bumgarner will make $12 million next season -- his last before he would hit free agency. Sandoval will make $18 million with the Red Sox responsible for paying all but the $555,000 minimum salary. (No, Sandoval doesn't get a ring.)