bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Berkman suspended tonight

Just an FYI in case anyone might have missed it.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually he has appealed the suspension, so he's in tonight.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

CHICAGO -- Astros first baseman Lance Berkman, suspended two games and fined an undisclosed amount, will appeal, general manager Tim Purpura confirmed on Friday.
    "Lance Berkman has decided to appeal his two-game suspension as is his right to do so under the Basic Agreement," Purpura said.

Berkman received the word of the suspension from Bob Watson, vice president of on-field operations for Major League Baseball. Without an appeal, Berkman would be required to begin the suspension immediately, meaning he'd miss the first two games of this weekend's series with the Chicago White Sox.

Instead, Berkman will schedule a hearing with MLB officials at a later date. He could also drop the appeal at any time and serve the suspension.

Berkman was suspended for "his inappropriate actions during his club's June 5 game against the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field in Denver," according to a release issued by MLB. This likely includes Berkman's confrontation with the third base umpire after he struck out on a checked swing, which resulted in an ejection. Berkman also returned to the field when benches cleared after Carlos Lee was hit by a pitch -- another rules violation.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't hear that he appealed it Mr.Eagles.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only reason I looked is because this is one of the only games I really wanted to play tonight. Not really sure why he's appealing. Astros suck with or without him.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Thanks for the heads up guys. I have no bets in this match up.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

He was playing tonight because of a appeal. But the dummy got thrown out in todays game.