Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

METS messed up, big time..... Céspedes hitting .233 (Daniel Murphy .500)

man.. stuff like this just kills a team...

METS have been shyt really since putting Harvey back in the 9th of Game 5

IF only Harvey were not such a greedy fat-head and Collins such a wuss.

NATS looking solid. might be a series out of this.. at very least NLCS

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Lol every game home announcers mention him 3+ times

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Lol every game home announcers mention him 3+ times
    lol.. u mean Mets announcers mention Murphy!?

ouch.

if i were a Mets fan.. i would be furious. sometimes a guy rolls around and just does something magical.
    you gotta know/understand when that is happening in your life.

gone FOREVER now.

Mets fans will be killing themselves maybe for the next 5 yrs. if this guy gets a Ring or a pennant.
    what was that.. 7 games IN A ROW with a Homerin in the Playoffs!?

hahaha

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13760

Murphy is a solid bat who is below average with his glove.
    He was Babe Ruth for 7 games last year.
    Mets had no intentions of bringing him back when they have Dilson Herrera who should be ready next season.
    Walker and Murphy are similar players. Walker an upgrade with the glove.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    Mets had no intentions of bringing him back when they have Dilson Herrera who should be ready next season.
    NATS 5-1

Mets 2-5

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Youre better than this OP.

jt315

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    NATS 5-1

Mets 2-5
    Solid
    Last edited by jt315; 04-13-16 at 03:38 PM.

BankrollMafia
    Update your status
    BankrollMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3346

lol. DAMN DANIEL...its cause they hated Murphy for sucking in the world series. little did they know, jokes on them Daniel said.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    This is the correlation to draw, not Cespedes. Walker-Murph is pick'em. Have watched 95% of Mets games throughout Murph's career and that playoff run is not a fair representation. He gives ya quality AB's and nothing else (nothing wrong with that, just wouldn't be locking him up long term personally). Dudes a knucklehead and if you watched last nights game you saw Werth giving him the WTF? look when he flied out to right in a tied game and Danny boy, who was running, didn't pick sh@t up and got doubled off. The fact that Werth did that publicly, with the start Murph has had and the positive energy running through the team, should tell you something about how he is perceived on the squad. I appreciate what he did for the Met's but it was a wise business move moving on imo, dude is perplexing, lol. Not a huge Cespedes fan, but the team needed some "presence" in the lineup and he fell in to their lap at a fair price/contract by today's standards.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Lol guy is a butcher in the field single handedly cost them twice in the WS by botching routine ground balls

You need defense behind a pitching staff of that caliber

I don't like cespedes either but not signing Murphy was a smart move. Not to mention he didn't do shit in the WS either with his bat

jt315

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    This is the correlation to draw, not Cespedes. Walker-Murph is pick'em. Have watched 95% of Mets games throughout Murph's career and that playoff run is not a fair representation. He gives ya quality AB's and nothing else (nothing wrong with that, just wouldn't be locking him up long term personally). Dudes a knucklehead and if you watched last nights game you saw Werth giving him the WTF? look when he flied out to right in a tied game and Danny boy, who was running, didn't pick sh@t up and got doubled off. The fact that Werth did that publicly, with the start Murph has had and the positive energy running through the team, should tell you something about how he is perceived on the squad. I appreciate what he did for the Met's but it was a wise business move moving on imo, dude is perplexing, lol. Not a huge Cespedes fan, but the team needed some "presence" in the lineup and he fell in to their lap at a fair price/contract by today's standards.

Ratzz

tonight
    Murphy 2B AB2 R1 H1 BB1 AVG.500 OBP.607 SLG.909

Ratzz

Murphy has 7 of the total 26 RBI's for the NATS and leads in EVERY offensive category. over Bryce.

it likely won't last.. but i think this has a great deal to do with the 6-1 record the Nats are enjoying

at the moment

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/ba...gton-nationals

Ratzz

it just goes on... game after game..

Cespedes hit a 3 Run HR today.. but 8th inning... 2 outs..

only 3 outs to make up 2 Run deficit..

MURPHY hits triple in 1st Inning... NATS up 3-0 Top 1st

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Murphy is not an outfielder you fvcking moron. If you want, compare Murphy to Wright or Walker. I can agree with some of that, maybe. Cespedes isn't the reason why this team is losing.

DCHarper34
    DCHarper34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Breadloser View Post
    Murphy is not an outfielder you fvcking moron. If you want, compare Murphy to Wright or Walker. I can agree with some of that, maybe. Cespedes isn't the reason why this team is losing.
    All you do is run your fuking mouth small time

erocking
    erocking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Murphy bats behind Bryce Harper, so his value is inflated.

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Quote Originally Posted by erocking View Post
    It has nothing to do with that. He doesn't have a position on the Mets. That's why he's not there. He can play third but the Mets have Wright. Case closed.

DCHarper34

It has nothing to do with that. He doesn't have a position on the Mets. That's why he's not there. He can play third but the Mets have Wright. Case closed.
    Who plays 2nd for the Mets right now? They didn't have the money to keep him and csespedes both. They let Murphy go because of that and only that.

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Quote Originally Posted by DCHarper34 View Post
    Who plays 2nd for the Mets right now? They didn't have the money to keep him and csespedes both. They let Murphy go because of that and only that.
    Murphy and Neil Walker make almost exactly the same amount for 2016. There is no difference except the term. Cespedes will probably walk after this year anyway. The money has nothing to do with it. He can't field at 2nd base and the Mets aren't going to block all of their infield prospects for Murphy. I like him as a hitter, it didn't make sense unless Murphy could play 3rd base exclusively.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Murphy and Neil Walker make almost exactly the same amount for 2016. There is no difference except the term. Cespedes will probably walk after this year anyway. The money has nothing to do with it. He can't field at 2nd base and the Mets aren't going to block all of their infield prospects for Murphy. I like him as a hitter, it didn't make sense unless Murphy could play 3rd base exclusively.
    Zero chance Cespedes walks. He's making $24M next year and $24M in 2018. He has an opt out after this year but no team will pay him more than that unless he goes nuts and hits 45 HRs and drives in 120 and wins the MVP which he won't

DCHarper34

Walker isn't great but he's serviceable....You could roll Alomar back out there right now and he could field better then Murphy and Walker combined

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Zero chance Cespedes walks. He's making $24M next year and $24M in 2018. He has an opt out after this year but no team will pay him more than that unless he goes nuts and hits 45 HRs and drives in 120 and wins the MVP which he won't
    If he replicates last year's numbers, I honestly think that he'll be gone. The Mets main beat writers have said they expect him to opt out. I think it's around 50/50.

Ratzz

Cespedes is a HUGE reason why the Mets are losing

Reason No.1: Harvey.

they have been doomed ever since the bonehead Met-Fans actually chanted him back into the game
    in the 9th inning of Game 5 World Series. All-TIME stupid move. By all of them. Harvey, Collins, fans..

the guy had thrown 110 pitches already.. wtf??

Reason No.2 Cespedes

this guy has this fragmented lethargy that just spreads to everyone around him, exactly the opposite of Murphy.
    Who bats just ignites everybody else. Look at the difference in the hitting between last year and this year..

what is the only real change made..? MURPHY.

it's called chemistry.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by erocking View Post
    has been hitting over .450 since season began.. you can say that about RBI's maybe,
    you can;t say that about Hits and Batting Average

DCHarper34

If he replicates last year's numbers, I honestly think that he'll be gone. The Mets main beat writers have said they expect him to opt out. I think it's around 50/50.
    You need to start an entire new thread on how the Mets raped the Blue Jays for Dicky....That shit has to be one of the top 5 most lopsided trades of all time....

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Cespedes is a HUGE reason why the Mets are losing

Reason No.1: Harvey.

they have been doomed ever since the bonehead Met-Fans actually chanted him back into the game
    in the 9th inning of Game 5 World Series. All-TIME stupid move. By all of them. Harvey, Collins, fans..

the guy had thrown 110 pitches already.. wtf??

Reason No.2 Cespedes

this guy has this fragmented lethargy that just spreads to everyone around him, exactly the opposite of Murphy.
    Who bats just ignites everybody else. Look at the difference in the hitting between last year and this year..

what is the only real change made..? MURPHY.

it's called chemistry.
    Cespedes makes the Mets a better team. Whatever you think that he takes away in chemistry he more than makes up for it with his performance on the field. It's as simple as that.

Murphy is a totally different situation and is not related to Cespedes in any way, because Murphy is not an outfielder. While he provides team leadership and is a good clubhouse guy, the Mets have better long term options for 2nd base. Neil Walker is a placeholder for Herrera. If Murphy was open to a one year deal he would be obviosuly be that placeholder.

The optimal solution would have been if David Wright retired. Murphys plays good defense there, and you can be sure that the Mets would have given him a juicy contract for that. With Wright in the fold, earning 25 million for the next few years, you can see how the management had to let Murphy go.

DCHarper34

It's only two weeks in everyone needs to chill and relax. Braves choked what an 11 game lead away in 20 days. Baseball is a grind.

Breadloser
    Big Bear

You need to start an entire new thread on how the Mets raped the Blue Jays for Dicky....That shit has to be one of the top 5 most lopsided trades of all time....
    Yeah, the Jays have been trying to strike lightning in a bottle for the last few years. If it doesn't happen this October, I don't see them winning with that group.

Terps1993
    Terps1993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34372

Murphy is a streaky hitter, obviously everyone saw that in the postseason and again to start the year. He will hit .280-.300 with 15 HR 70-80 RBI with poor defense. Neil Walker is a similar player with better defense and is on a 1 year deal. Comparing him to Cespedes is beyond idiotic.

jt315

Any updates on Cespedes?

Ratzz

looking better.. but winning by 10 Runs is a waste,
    consistency is more desirable

NATS 11-3

edge to Murphy still

Ratzz

OMG.. what a STUPID trade...

dude just wanted a Cy Young winner in Toronto. no matter what age.
    trades away a tremendous young pitcher. Might have won World Series last year with Thor
    instead of Dickey

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Originally Posted by erocking

has been hitting over .450 since season began.. you can say that about RBI's maybe,
    you can;t say that about Hits and Batting Average
    What are you completely retarded? He gets better pitches to hit because he's hitting in front of Bryce... that's what they call 'protection'. They are not throwing him garbage out of the zone and risking walking him to face Harper. It's actually the exact opposite of what you said, it's ALL about hits and batting average, RBI's are a nice benefit as well but that's only if the guys in front of you are getting on. It's a sin for someone who presumably bets on sports to know so little about them.

You know what's crazy? Who was he hitting in front of down the stretch last year and into the post season when he lit it up? Cespedes. You see how this works?

And as others said, you can't compare Murph to Cespedes, you compare Cespedes to either Lagares or De Aza because that's who Ces replaced in the field.

As a die hard Mets fan, I am quite happy with Neil Walker, 6 bombs already and 11 RBI's and .294. He's a professional hitter, like Murph, but he won't cost the Mets in the field (like Murph) or on the base paths (like Murph). As much as I loved Murph's intensity and passion, that doesn't equate to winning games, and he's lost more than a few for the Mets, he will lose a few for the Nats. It was maybe cute when the Mets weren't in a race for the division... but it wore thin pretty quick last year. I think we saw last year with KC, you can't win it all with players that don't do everything right, all the time.

And I don't think Cespedes will be around next year, lets not forget it's not about the money the Mets are paying him, but the years... he might just take his next two years and 50 million from the Mets, but he's got to know his next contract will be 2-3 years as well and for a lot less money. I think he'd rather parlay this year into a 4-5 year deal worth 100 mil. He'll only be 31 and this will be take 2 at trying to get that big contract that he failed to get last year. The Mets have a very motivated player (someone who actually seems to need motivation) and they might get his career year and than wash their hands with him. I think that's best case scenario for everyone.

jt315

lol.. u mean Mets announcers mention Murphy!?

ouch.

if i were a Mets fan.. i would be furious. sometimes a guy rolls around and just does something magical.
    you gotta know/understand when that is happening in your life.

gone FOREVER now.

Mets fans will be killing themselves maybe for the next 5 yrs. if this guy gets a Ring or a pennant.
    what was that.. 7 games IN A ROW with a Homerin in the Playoffs!?

hahaha

Daniel Who ?

Neil Walker

8 HR
    14 RBI
    11 R

12 Last