texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    Ummm no.. He threw a complete game. Gave up a grand slam in the 8th or 9th.. You remembered incorrectly
    no sir. it is you who are wrong. maybe before you correct me in the future, know what you're talking about. the only thing i'm wrong about it is it was actually a home game.

Baltimore 6, Texas 1

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

well then i must be thinking of another game..

iloseagain

maybe im thinking of another game completely then.. baltimore hit a grand slam in the 8th or 9th of this game i am thinking about.. we all lost a ton of money on it.. maybe it wasnt the cliff lee game then.. i wouldnt have remembered it as "grand slam towards the end of the game to screw me" if, in reality, they were losing the whole game.. I swear it has to be another game

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

maybe im thinking of another game completely then.. baltimore hit a grand slam in the 8th or 9th of this game i am thinking about.. we all lost a ton of money on it.. maybe it wasnt the cliff lee game then..
    it's all good man. whatever it was it sucked but you guys made it out alive.

iloseagain

here it is.. kid jus found it

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/y2010...almlb_texmlb_1

not sure why i thought it was the cliff lee game

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Hey swords...Grits is not answering, so I will ask you, and I know you will answer honesty. How many games do you predict the Cubs to win this year?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Hey swords...Grits is not answering, so I will ask you, and I know you will answer honesty. How many games do you predict the Cubs to win this year?
    Shit JMon, wouldn't even hazard a guess. They're definitely talented, just too long a season to make 116 win type predictions. Too many things can go wrong. Losing Schwarber hurt, but like all sports if they can stay relatively healthy the should be in the thick of it. Until proven otherwise they're not heads and tails above the rest of the league. Pretty sure St. Louis, Pittsburgh, SF, etc. will have a say in things. As a Rays fan, I've seen first hand how teams can waste great pitching (or hitting as it were). All that said, I've made some change on the Cubs, just not ready to proclaim them the greatest of all time 2 weeks into the season.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Shit JMon, wouldn't even hazard a guess. They're definitely talented, just too long a season to make 116 win type predictions. Too many things can go wrong. Losing Schwarber hurt, but like all sports if they can stay relatively healthy the should be in the thick of it. Until proven otherwise they're not heads and tails above the rest of the league. Pretty sure St. Louis, Pittsburgh, SF, etc. will have a say in things. As a Rays fan, I've seen first hand how teams can waste great pitching (or hitting as it were). All that said, I've made some change on the Cubs, just not ready to proclaim them the greatest of all time 2 weeks into the season.
    Only reason I asked a season win total, is not too be naive if does happen. My research on post 99, clearly shows ML and RL -1.5 on a dominate team. Problem is...are they a dominate team?

iloseagain

arrieta vs bergman tomorrow.. do we play again? -320 right now.. no RL for me ATM... prob be -150 lol

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

arrieta vs bergman tomorrow.. do we play again? -320 right now.. no RL for me ATM... prob be -150 lol
    Weird, RL is only -120. I realize the importance, but hard to lay -320 ML over -120 RL. Seems like it's gotta be a trap though.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    How many games do you predict the cubs to win this year?
    No clue. Bases is too boring to hold my attention for a full season.

I do know that blindly betting them on rl will not end well.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    No clue. Bases is too boring to hold my attention for a full season.

I do know that blindly betting them on rl will not end well.
    First time I have ever seen Grits n' Gravy say anything on this board that makes sense

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Weird, RL is only -120. I realize the importance, but hard to lay -320 ML over -120 RL. Seems like it's gotta be a trap though.
    ended up on rocks 1h +0.5.. rocks 1h ml. rocks ml and +1.5

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Jake the Great strikes out the side in the 1st on 13 pitches. Live stuff. Could be one of those days for him.

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Rockies +0.5 +160 1st 5 was my bet for the game. Great value

iloseagain

oh i also took 1h u3.5 ha

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Rizzo and Soler demolish back to back pitches into the wind.

iloseagain

ahh looks like the squarest bet on the board will win

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

ahh looks like the squarest bet on the board will win
    Is it really square to bet on Arrieta who hasn't allowed a run at Wrigley Field since July 2015 (43+ innings)?

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Is it really square to bet on Arrieta who hasn't allowed a run at Wrigley Field since July 2015 (43+ innings)?
    yes and no.. im just saying taking a huge fav in MLB on the RL is usually pretty square

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Jake is the best pitcher in baseball right now, and he might just top last year's historic season. If he makes 32+ starts, he might just reach 25 wins this season. Oh, and he hits 450 foot home runs too.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Fowler leaned into one. That's pretty much ballgame.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Arrieta has thrown 51 consecutive scoreless innings at Wrigley Field.

Bigdave117
    Bigdave117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Betting ML on Arrieta games is retarded. Usually the line is like 200 or 250 for ML vs 120 for RL and the cubs have won 95% of the games in his huge streak by 2+ runs. That -250 looks like a horrible value in comparison

You gotta figure he's going to give up about 1-2 runs a game and the cubs offense is generally good for 5-7 runs

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

The Chicago Cubs win again to move to 15-5 on the year. It's their best start through 20 games since 1907, a year in which the Cubs won the World Series.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The Chicago Cubs win again to move to 15-5 on the year. It's their best start through 20 games since 1907, a year in which the Cubs won the World Series.
    But they didn't cover the -1.5 RL @home against the lowly Brewers, so the homers in this thread lost last night. After that 8-1 RL start by the Cubbies every Chicagoan thought they would be millionaires by the end of the season betting them. But as is always the case in baseball, reality caught up and the Cubs are now below .500 on the RL and down money since that "hot" start.

The homers are all scratching their heads still trying to figure out how the Cubs have lost to Robbie Ray, Chad Bettis, Tyler Chatwood and Daniel Straily. Most casual baseball fans couldn't even tell you what teams those guys are on, much less their stats, lol. Cubs only good loss this season was when CarMart shut them down over 7 solid innings. The rest are horrible losses, especially when the Cubs are >-200 almost every game and sometimes -250, -300, -350+ like tonight. If Arrieta ever has a couple of off starts like he did the 1st half of last season, or if Lester goes through a cold stretch, Cubs homers/backers will be buried with these ridiculously juiced lines. I tried telling these guys there's a difference between a team being really good and being able to consistently profit off of that good team. The Cubs haven't even played the Nats, Mets, Dodgers, Giants or Pirates yet this season.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    But they didn't cover the -1.5 RL @home against the lowly Brewers, so the homers in this thread lost last night. After that 8-1 RL start by the Cubbies every Chicagoan thought they would be millionaires by the end of the season betting them. But as is always the case in baseball, reality caught up and the Cubs are now below .500 on the RL and down money since that "hot" start.

The homers are all scratching their heads still trying to figure out how the Cubs have lost to Robbie Ray, Chad Bettis, Tyler Chatwood and Daniel Straily. Most casual baseball fans couldn't even tell you what teams those guys are on, much less their stats, lol. Cubs only good loss this season was when CarMart shut them down over 7 solid innings. The rest are horrible losses, especially when the Cubs are >-200 almost every game and sometimes -250, -300, -350+ like tonight. If Arrieta ever has a couple of off starts like he did the 1st half of last season, or if Lester goes through a cold stretch, Cubs homers/backers will be buried with these ridiculously juiced lines. I tried telling these guys there's a difference between a team being really good and being able to consistently profit off of that good team. The Cubs haven't even played the Nats, Mets, Dodgers, Giants or Pirates yet this season.
    Very solid post right here.

Nevertheless...

I am on the -2.5 tonight, so let's get it! (Arrieta games get different treatment. So far they are 4-0 on the -3.5 for his games.)

First 1234