AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

interleague play

what is the rule of thumb???

everything stay the same, pitcher still matter or does all go out the window and pass on these games.

last time out I did OK but have since changed some methods.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

AC,

There really is no "rule of thumb" por se, as everyone has their own way of doing things. Personally, I cap these games the same way I would any other game, so to me interleague makes no difference. Then again, the biggest factor in my handicapping is bullpens (gee, you think?)! A lot of guys like to look at head-to-head history, either team-vs.-team or pitcher-vs.-batter, and it is understandable that those bettors are not fond of interleague because of the limited sampling.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT, this can't be repeated enough. Pitching is everything in this sport. Look how silly Haren made the mighty Bo Sox bats look, as an example. BPs are key, just like starting pitching.

LT Profits

buztah,

The diffence is that the betting line is based 80% on the starting pitchers. That is absurd IMO, which is why I put most of my efforts in the bullpens, as that aspect is undervalued in the line.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

When in doubt, take the Twins. They've been interleague killers. That's the only "rule" I would abide by, everything else goes the same.

LT Profits

What you meant to say Eagles is take the RED SOX!

Boston is 30-9 in interleague play the last three years, Minnesota 26-13.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

The diffence is that the betting line is based 80% on the starting pitchers. That is absurd IMO, which is why I put most of my efforts in the bullpens, as that aspect is undervalued in the line.

Well said LT. The last time I checked baseball is a team game, and any 1 pitcher can have a bad night or teams might be struggling offensively.