BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Some MLB plays....

3-3 (+.05 units) yesterday including SA winning and covering in the NBA. Haven't been able to get it going in bases for almost a week now. Need to get out of this slump. Here are my plays for tomorrow...I may make others but right now these are my offical plays.

902 Atlanta +113
    908 Detroit -114
    918 St. Louis +117
    924 Arizona +144

Good luck fellows.....

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your Detroit and Az plays double B.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detroit and St. Louis are both going to lose. I do not know what is possessing you to go with St. Louis against probably the best team in majors right now. Detroit is a little more understandable. However, It is Chad Durbin vs. Jorge Sosa. And although the mets have some injuries, they still have a great offense and are excellent on the road. They are also extremely determined to get out of their current 4 game losing streak

mockingboy
    mockingboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like today's card, but I would say Cubs -115. Atl has trouble with the lefties.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    Detroit and St. Louis are both going to lose. I do not know what is possessing you to go with St. Louis against probably the best team in majors right now. Detroit is a little more understandable. However, It is Chad Durbin vs. Jorge Sosa. And although the mets have some injuries, they still have a great offense and are excellent on the road. They are also extremely determined to get out of their current 4 game losing streak
    1) DET is playing very well with a starter who almost does not lose. Have you seen Jorge Sosa's numbers when he was in the AL....he was 11-26 with such a high ERA. Not to mention the Mets are playing very poorly right now. DET also falls into a strong system tonight. All teams are motivated to get out losing streaks and maintain winnings streaks so it is irrelevant to capping games.

2) Bartolo Colon is garbage....and he is garbage on the road. Not to say that Kip Wells is great but the disparity in numbers between these two starters is minimal at best. STL is starting to play a bit bitter and getting them at home as dogs has some good value. They opened +102 and I got them +117 so I feel i got a good number with a team. STL, like Detroit, falls into a strong system that plays on small homedogs. I like their chances today against LAA.

fifawcs

Sosa is not the same pitcher he was in the past. His numbers this year certainly trump durbin's. Durbin doesn't seem to give long innings. So even if he were to pitch well, im sure the detroit bullpen would blow the game.

Saying that Colon is garbage is a complete erroneous. Let's not forget he was the AL cy young winner in 2005. He has also played well this season, with the exception of his last two starts.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

fifawcs,

Colon is not the same pitcher as two years ago. He tore the rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder last year, and he opted NOT to have surgery. Then after a great start this year, the reason he was so brutal the last two starts was he is suffering from tendinitis. Then he missed his last scheduled start last Saturday. All this does not exude confidence in a road favorite.

fifawcs

Colon has dealt with injuries throughout his career. I'm sure he wouldn't be playing if he were in such a terrible state.

LT Profits

Well he tried to pitch through tendinitis his last two starts. And while he may not be in a "terrible state" right now, he is certainly not 100%.

Now watch him toss a Schilling tonight!

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Kip Well's home numbers are better than Colon's road numbers. Colon's been struggling in his last few starts...why would anyone back him in this situation on the road where he is suspected to be injured. Did you not see that LAA opened up as slight favorites.....the linesmaker hardly thinks there is much difference here between this pitching matchup. Seems to me LAA could be the square play of the night or the "easy road team victory" of the night. I am expecting a very strong outing from Wells tonight.

I could be wrong but really playing LAA in this spot is a poor decision in my opinion.

Good luck though....

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

In general, road favorites just scare the livin' piss out of me. Colon could mow the Cards down tonight but, personally, I try to stay away from Road Fav's.

E

fifawcs

I know arguing about this will not change the result of the game. But think of the pick this way. By betting on either side, you are betting on the entire team, not just the pitchers. So let's say both pitchers pitch well, I would rather take the angels offense+defense+bullpen over st. louis's. remember, St. Louis has the worst producing offense in the NL.

LT Profits

...and the fifth lowest bullpen ERA in the Majors.

LT Profits

By the way fifawcs, this is GOOD STUFF!

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    I know arguing about this will not change the result of the game. But think of the pick this way. By betting on either side, you are betting on the entire team, not just the pitchers. So let's say both pitchers pitch well, I would rather take the angels offense+defense+bullpen over st. louis's. remember, St. Louis has the worst producing offense in the NL.

A very good point. I think we all get a little carried away with the starting pitchers. The Angels are very good, no doubt about it. Colon could stink it up but the Angels could score 10 runs tonight.

I think the Cards are swinging the bats better currently but, for me, nothing beats data. The Angels are scoring 4.8 RPG and the Cards are scoring 3.9 RPG. I'd suspect that the Angels will score their 5 runs. Can the Cards get 5 runs or better off of Colon and their bullpen? I don't know the answer to that but it is some food for thought.

As LT sorta said, I think you'd want 5 IP out of Wells (if you are an STL backer) and hope to escape with minimal damage so Larussa can hand the game over to the bullpen. I'd suspect also, this being an interleague game, that early on you'll see minimum scoring on both sides until the lineups turn over and each player gets their 2nd AB.

In any event, I just can't bet Road Favorites for the most part. However, I couldn't bet the Cards because I don't think they can score 5 runs tonight. Just an opinion.

E

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see some value with D Backs.Good luck