FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Who is interested in a LOCK Thread on SBR?

I was an active member when this used to get over 100k view a day before cbssports closed down their forums. It had specific posting rules and those rules made the thread very very successful. I've ran across a few members here and at other community's to find there still may be interest.

If anybody is interested in posting MLB plays on a LOCK Thread, comment your dibs.
    I will post the original rules from the 'Thread'

I hope SBR does not move my post because this is not a website promotion, just a forum I'd considering running and tracking.

Thanks guys

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Here are the old rules on the thread:

LOCK THREAD CONCEPT -

This thread has been created for all of us to share our expertise with everyone else to benefit the group.

THIS IS NOT A PICKING CONTEST! Although records will be kept

PLEASE make special note of this!!! If you have an area of expertise - Pac-10, NBA, Soccer, MLB, Big East, NHL, etc. - please make some LOCK choices from your area of expertise when you have a game you are confident enough in to call it a "LOCK". The difference between a PICK and a LOCK is that a PICK is a game you like, a LOCK is a game that you KNOW. We are here to help each other win. If you are claiming your choice is a LOCK, and you really have NO true knowledge of that game, then you are just cheating us and posting your PICK just for attention and to see your name on the board.

RULES FOR POSTING -

We take it upon ourselves to donate our time and track everybody's LOCK every day, as long as you agree to do your part by doing a few simple things. We will not track your LOCKs if you do not follow these rules. You are welcome to still post your PICK or card, but unless you do the things below, we won't be putting your LOCK on the spreadsheet.

- Post only 1 LOCK per day. You may post a MAXIMUM of 4 LOCKS per week. A week starts on Monday, and ends on Sunday. Choose NCAA, NBA, NFL, or NHL. You do not have to stay in one sport. Spread them around if you like.

- No "buying" points for LOCKS.

- First half or mini lines are OK. No second half or quarter lines. We want the LOCKS posted early enough so we can all benefit . Time constraints make second half lines too tough to track.

- No other "line-manipulations: like teasers, etc.

- No parlays.

- No props (unless you give a site where we can check the line).

- Hockey, baseball, and soccer plays need to be -129 or better. No HUGE favorites for LOCKS. Anything -130 and over, take the -1.5 goals or runs if you feel like it is still a LOCK.

- Do not try to cheat on lines. We, as a group, are all over the lines and every time someone gives a stinky spread, it is always called out. If the line is off, the LOCK doesn't go into the spreadsheet.

- LOCKs MUST be posted 30 minutes before the game is set to go off, anything less than 30 minutes the LOCK will not count.