LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Passing on Crappy Bullpens = More $ + Less Stress!

I posted this in mockingboy's "bullpens?" thread, but I feel it is imporant enough to get a thread of its own:

Guys, there IS a simple solution to all this - STOP BETTING CRAPPY BULLPENS, unlesss you are getting +200 or better, which is reason I took shot with de la Rosa and KC tonight. I posted best and worst bullpen ERA's in another thread, and as a general rule of thumb, I automatically toss any team in the bottom 10 from consideration with the following two exceptions only:

1 - The team is +200 or better and I have other reason for liking them (KC tonight)

2 - The team is an underdog vs. ANOTHER team in the bottom 10 and I have other reasons for liking the dog.

If nether of these two situations apply, just pass on any team on the crappy bullpen list. You will benefit financially and your stress level will be a lot less.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

this narrows down to about 5 teams you can bet on though

LT Profits

LOL Crayzee,

Actually Top 10 pens is ok.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now you finally understand what I mean way back when about all my Nationals rants LT.

No matter how great the value might seem to be. Certain teams will just screw you every time.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I posted this in mockingboy's "bullpens?" thread, but I feel it is imporant enough to get a thread of its own:

Guys, there IS a simple solution to all this - STOP BETTING CRAPPY BULLPENS, unlesss you are getting +200 or better, which is reason I took shot with de la Rosa and KC tonight. I posted best and worst bullpen ERA's in another thread, and as a general rule of thumb, I automatically toss any team in the bottom 10 from consideration with the following two exceptions only:

1 - The team is +200 or better and I have other reason for liking them (KC tonight)

2 - The team is an underdog vs. ANOTHER team in the bottom 10 and I have other reasons for liking the dog.

If nether of these two situations apply, just pass on any team on the crappy bullpen list. You will benefit financially and your stress level will be a lot less.
    what is on your current list of crappy bullpins?

LT Profits

picoman,

Just check the bottom 10 Bullpen ERAs at covers every day. Here is the list for today:

Bullpen ERA - Bottom 10 (through 6/5/07)
    21 HOU 4.62
    22 PIT 4.71
    23 PHI 4.71
    24 BAL 4.74
    25 KC 4.75
    26 COL 4.88
    27 CIN 4.98
    28 DET 5.27
    29 TB 5.53
    30 CHW 5.62