d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cubs are not winning anything

Everything went right last year
    Agree that 97 was an overachieve, but The Cubs are a MUCH better team this year. Anyone who looks objectively sees that they have the best, most complete roster, top to bottom. And they still have the ability to deal and add from depth.

Playoffs are always a crapshoot though. Anything can happen.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Will cubs make the playoffs?
    About 95% chance.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Might be soon, might be deadline, but I think the Cubs are going to add another top-level pitcher guys like Fernadez, Gray, Carrasco. Something along those lines. Probably at the deadline. They have the chips to deal.

Arrieta/Gray or Fernandez/Lester/Lackey -- that would look pretty good.

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Might be soon, might be deadline, but I think the Cubs are going to add another top-level pitcher guys like Fernadez, Gray, Carrasco. Something along those lines. Probably at the deadline. They have the chips to deal.

Arrieta/Gray or Fernandez/Lester/Lackey -- that would look pretty good.
    elaborate on the trading chips they'll be holding to add another top level pitcher? Boy, you throw another good pitcher on that staff and the NL is the Cubs to lose, straight up! Like one poster already said though, the playoffs are a bit of a crapshoot. I like the Cubs at +250 to win the NL but I'll wait for a better number. I could see them having a slow start.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I basically called them winning the NL last year, in March. Matz the #1 starter on 20 teams? No way.

What is interesting to me is that them and possibly the Astros will go to a 6 man rotation. If successful, it could change baseball
    I saw wild card . After they got Cespedes I saw NL championship series . I was surprise they made it to World Series . And Watch Matz this year . Watch him . During the season u saw glimpses of how good he is but injuries raddled him . And no way the mets are going to a 6 man rotation when their window for succes is 3-4 years . They aren't going to waste anymore Harvey starts . He is gone in 3 years from the Mets

First 12